Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-12, 04:31 PM  
msbuko

What's your fav kickboxing workout?

Hey everyone!

I'm needing a little more cardio in my life ( ok, A LOT more cardio. lol ) & I'm up for kickboxing vid suggestions. What's your fav & why?
msbuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 04:52 PM  
katalina

Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness TLC (Train Like a Contender). Love it! It's fun! The time just flies. With the premixes (which I still haven't done them all) there is a lot of versatility. Workout one is the one I do most often.

I also like the Punch Mix on her Kickboxing dvd. I can't remember the rest of that dvd because every time I pick it up (which is often), I do the Punch Mix. Once again -- I think it's fun!

Kelly made me love kickboxing/boxing!!
Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 05:14 PM  
PeakFitness

Cathe's Kick Punch & Crunch!!
Old 05-27-12, 05:32 PM  
dela

Ilaria Montagnani Powerstrike 4, 5 and 6. I love her personality, her form is really good, the workouts are not high impact or high intensity, yet work up a great sweat and have a really good calorie burn for me.

I agree with KCM TLC too, that one is more of a boxing workout, but it is truly fun to do.

Cathe's Kick Punch Crunch really is a classic too, this one has more intensity that builds through each section, that last section used to kill me, I did get better at getting through that.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 05:58 PM  
dmlarue1

I love iliaria powerstrike 6 and KCM..I reallly like step boxing if you don't mind a little step thrown in..
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 06:22 PM  
juberann

KCM, without a doubt. Love her 30 MTF KickBoxing, TLC and StepBoxing workouts. There is also some awesome shadow boxing segments on Circuit Burn.
TLC is my not only my favorite Boxing workout, it's my favorite workout video EVER (and I mean among a collection of hundreds of DVDs and working out at home for 20 plus years, this one is my favorite, the one I could never, ever live without).
Old 05-27-12, 07:31 PM  
Vee

My absolute Favorite is Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fan! It is the least authentic on the martial arts aspect but the most fun. Superb music and an instructor with dynamite energy.

KCM keeps the boxing quite authentic and is still creative. I love all her kickboxing from TLC, to Kickboxing to Step Boxing.

For kickboxing with authentic form, Ilaria is the best. Followed closely by Susan Chung (Rapid Fire).

I enjoy Cathe's KPC. It is a classic. Kick Max is pretty neat too. It has a nice bonus leg workout of un weighted kicking drills. Her MMA Boxing is a good for a shorter boxing + agility drills workout.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 07:52 PM  
Tugger31

It used to be Cathe's KPC or Ilaria's Powerstrikes until I did Susan Chung's RapidFire Results! I LOVE this one!! The music is upbeat, the instruction is great and I like the metabolic/toning segments, and also the premixes! Great ab section too. Nice blend of punching and kicking.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...apid-fire-6077
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 08:24 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

What about Guillermo Gomez? Comments on his?
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 08:29 PM  
msbuko

Wow! I've never heard of most of these titles. Getting some great ideas! Thanks!
msbuko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite workouts, favorites, kickbox, kickboxing