Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-11, 08:31 AM  
3ks

Thanks, Gardengirl. I like Skogg's background in injury and rehabilitation, so I am leaning towards getting his set rather than the RKS. I am new to KB and need a good teacher so I don't bang myself up. My heaviest KB is 15 lbs. I will use that and go up from there as needed.

I am an "apple" and tend to store fat on my abs and back like crazy. I think this whole body kettlebell approach works well for me. (I have other KB workouts that I am doing now, but need good instruction).

Anyone know where to get those black gloves on the Skogg vids?

Kiddy
Old 06-02-11, 08:46 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post

Anyone know where to get those black gloves on the Skogg vids?
Hi, Kiddy!

When I emailed them about that I was told they were Adidas batting gloves. I didn't find any that looked exactly like the ones they are wearing, but the ones I bought didn't really help me very much. Maybe theirs were a bit better than the ones I ended up with.
Old 06-02-11, 08:49 AM  
3ks

Hi Deedee! LOL...

I saw on the RKS thread that you were looking for gloves, too. I really need those puppies. My hands get sweaty and slippery and doing tons of swings hurts after a while.

Do you have this system or did you cave on the RKS? I need direction with this.

Kiddy
Old 06-12-11, 09:40 AM  
caligurl

i made a poll! (cuz we know how much VFers love polls!)

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=166918
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-11, 04:10 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post
Hi Deedee! LOL...

I saw on the RKS thread that you were looking for gloves, too. I really need those puppies. My hands get sweaty and slippery and doing tons of swings hurts after a while.

Do you have this system or did you cave on the RKS? I need direction with this.

Kiddy
Hey, Kiddy, I missed this earlier!

I have both systems and like both. There is more variety with RKS. I've only done seven of the workouts so far but I liked all but one. I like Skogg as well but if I had to choose one, I'd probably go with RKS. However, I think Skogg might be a bit better for someone new to kb's because of the time he spends mastering the basics.
Old 06-12-11, 04:30 PM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Hey, Kiddy, I missed this earlier!

I have both systems and like both. There is more variety with RKS. I've only done seven of the workouts so far but I liked all but one. I like Skogg as well but if I had to choose one, I'd probably go with RKS. However, I think Skogg might be a bit better for someone new to kb's because of the time he spends mastering the basics.
Hi Deede. Thanks for the reply. I decided to go with Skogg and got it last week. I like it for the instruction. After I get good I may get the RKS set...or not. Or, wait till the next Skogg production. It really depends on the price, though. :-)

Kiddy
Old 06-12-11, 06:18 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulabug1 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm coming here yet again for some advice as you guys are the best!! I have been reading all the threads about Skogg and RKS and I'm torn.
I can only buy one system and need to choose between these two- OH, the horror of having to choose!!
I started kettlebells a couple months ago and have MB45 (LOVE it!), Sara Lurie, and Lauren Brooks. For those of you that have experience with either or both of these systems I would very much appreciate any and all advice/suggestions you can give me TIA!!!!

I haven't used either as I very brand new to KBing. However after watching the clips of RKS this is going to be something I purhcase I soon. This guy is whoa Hubba-Hotness- a beefier vs of Ryan Reynolds.

That's enough for me!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-11, 06:30 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
I haven't used either as I very brand new to KBing. However after watching the clips of RKS this is going to be something I purhcase I soon. This guy is whoa Hubba-Hotness- a beefier vs of Ryan Reynolds.

That's enough for me!
He does look like Ryan Reynolds. I can't say that I'll be doing these workouts everyday but I'm sure that I'll watch them regularly.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-11, 06:31 PM  
Artist of Eyes

FYI:

RKS workouts are available on KenticFlix for anyone that has this. I have no idea what it is except for maybe something similar to Netflix.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-11, 08:03 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
FYI:

RKS workouts are available on KenticFlix for anyone that has this. I have no idea what it is except for maybe something similar to Netflix.
Oh that's cool!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doug reinhardt, kettlebell, kettlebells, michael skogg, reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, rks, skogg kettlebell system