Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-11, 07:55 PM  
hulabug1

Question RKS or Skogg??

Hi everyone! I'm coming here yet again for some advice as you guys are the best!! I have been reading all the threads about Skogg and RKS and I'm torn.
I can only buy one system and need to choose between these two- OH, the horror of having to choose!!
I started kettlebells a couple months ago and have MB45 (LOVE it!), Sara Lurie, and Lauren Brooks. For those of you that have experience with either or both of these systems I would very much appreciate any and all advice/suggestions you can give me TIA!!!!
hulabug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 08:21 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulabug1 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm coming here yet again for some advice as you guys are the best!! I have been reading all the threads about Skogg and RKS and I'm torn.
I can only buy one system and need to choose between these two- OH, the horror of having to choose!!
I started kettlebells a couple months ago and have MB45 (LOVE it!), Sara Lurie, and Lauren Brooks. For those of you that have experience with either or both of these systems I would very much appreciate any and all advice/suggestions you can give me TIA!!!!
That's a tough one. I do love Skogg, he is a wonderful teacher and good to listen to. The workouts are somewhat limited, he only uses 6 moves, thou in different varieties. There is plenty of room to grow as you get stronger.
I've just started RKS and it seems that with this you get more value (workouts) for your money. I also like MB45 and Marcus personality is somewhat similar to Skogg so I think you would really love the Skogg system as well.
Maybe you can sell some old(er) DVDs to raise some fund for the newcomers? I do that all the time so i don't feel guilty about spending so much money. Hope this helps.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 09:02 PM  
jaburke66

I'll be watching this thread with great interest -- I'm in the same boat. I have AOS Clinic and Providence and MB45, will probably wind up with both of these. I'm pretty well sold on both, but will probably hit Skogg this week and wait for the infomercials on RKS. Might be able to squeak a better deal out when it goes more public. As a newbie myself, I think Skogg will be ideal for me at this stage, and like you, I love me some Marcus. Glad you're liking kb's so much, too!
Old 05-29-11, 10:01 AM  
caligurl

i saw this last night in the car (my iphone entertains me in the car! lol!) but wanted to think on it before answering.... i keep coming back to: *drumroll* RKS....

why? well for me it's the variety of workouts! if you want the best instructional... then i have to say hands down that would be skogg for the 6 moves he shows.... however for variety and sheer number of workouts then i choose RKS. you get 16 different workouts. none of them (except the warm up and cool down) repeat. with skogg you essentially get 4 workouts with a bunch of shortened premixes. that is great for what it is... and i do like them... but for me i just like the RKS ones i've done so far bit better!

now in a perfect world with money trees.... i'd recommend getting both! cuz they are both great... but if someone can only buy one... my vote is for RKS...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 01:01 PM  
hulabug1

Thank you all again so much for your info and suggestions!! I'm going ahead and ordering RKS today YIPPEE!!! Man, if only that money tree wouldn't have died...
hulabug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 07:22 PM  
counterclockwise

Yeah, Skogg does have great instruction. RKS has some good instruction, but not all of its instruction is detailed enough.

I have only done 1 Skogg workout, and I have done 3 RKS workouts, but RKS has my vote!

RKS has so much variety without being complicated. The background is awesome, the workouts are fun, production is good, and all that jazz. But you know what is making me say RKS over Skogg...I feel like RKS is more balanced. I am no expert, but I am not sure that you truly get a balanced workout with just squats, snatches, cleans, swings, presses, and high pulls. I know some of those exercises use the chest and back, but I kinda feel like RKS works them more because it also includes rows and pushups. I also feel like RKS will work my legs better.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 11:01 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulabug1 View Post
Thank you all again so much for your info and suggestions!! I'm going ahead and ordering RKS today YIPPEE!!! Man, if only that money tree wouldn't have died...

well if you ever find another one.... i want a sprig from it!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on ordering RKS! you're going to LOVE it!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 04:30 AM  
akaAnnie

I don't have RKS but I vote for Skogg. I've had great results and no boredom. I don't know how those 6 exercises are so effective but I've done lots of row(for example) and never felt the general soreness in my back I get from doing Skogg. My legs, especially the backs of my legs, really feel it as well and yesterday I noticed I'm getting biceps!
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 07:20 AM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
My legs, especially the backs of my legs, really feel it as well and yesterday I noticed I'm getting biceps!
Congrats on your biceps akaAnnie! : )
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 04:50 PM  
afirmrose

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering the same thing Saturday.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doug reinhardt, kettlebell, kettlebells, michael skogg, reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, rks, skogg kettlebell system