Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-21, 08:58 AM  
jackie7

Ever try Caroline Girvan or Heather Robertson on YouTube?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 12:12 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've noticed the same - I used to be resistant to streaming. Due to a combination of factors, including vendors getting better at offering less glitchy streams, my DVDs are gathering dust. I like the variety and have gravitated to some favorite YouTube instructors.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 03:52 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
You could always put the dvds up on vf roost and I'll see if some can come to a home where they'll be worn out. Only kidding!

Maybe you'll return to a dvd or two in the future. It sounds like you're enjoying the streaming options so don't feel bad. I think we all mix up the different media options from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I didn't touch a DVD for 5 years until last November. I was super into my gym workouts. Now I'm back to using dvds most days with some YouTube mixed in. I got rid of (and lost ) SO many dvds during that time and I wish I had held onto them. You never know!
That's why I'm reluctant to give any of my DVDs away on vf roost or anywhere else. I feel like, one day, I'm going to want to use them again. It's just a weird thing for me because I've never gone this long not using ANY of them. And to make it worse, I don't miss them right now. All I'm thinking about is which BB program I can do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Ever try Caroline Girvan or Heather Robertson on YouTube?
I've never tried either, but they both look interesting. I'm going to add them both to my "Try" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I've noticed the same - I used to be resistant to streaming. Due to a combination of factors, including vendors getting better at offering less glitchy streams, my DVDs are gathering dust. I like the variety and have gravitated to some favorite YouTube instructors.
I was anti-streaming for the longest time because I felt like I had to have the physical DVD. I've changed recently and I actually signed up for Yvette Bachmann's workouts online right about a month before I started 21DFX. Haven't used her website since December. I'll keep it because I do like her workouts.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 05:11 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
My DVDs have sat on the shelf, neglected and unused. I feel bad for them, but I don't know what else to do
This describes exactly how I have been feeling lately. I started getting into YouTube workouts at the beginning of the pandemic when Jenny Ford started offering live step workouts, then soon after I discovered Cdorner Fitness, Kat Gates-Buettner and Giana Storey, and Fit Outside the Box. I can't keep up with all their new releases. My list of favourites just grew from there and I still keep discovering new channels. For a while I went months without using a singe DVD or VHS. Recently, I have started to make sure I use at least one DVD or VHS per week, just to relieve some of my guilt.

I worked so hard on building my collection, I just couldn't bear to part with it. Plus, the ones I have are great workouts and I still do enjoy them whenever I pull one out. Any workouts that I truly didn't like I have already removed from my collection.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds versus streaming, rotations, variety