Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-21, 12:25 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I had to google Burning Man. Wow those legs but I have to say I found the next photo more inspiring with Kathy lunging in the snow with some workout bands I have never seen before. Her muscles look great.
Loved reading the article and there is my inspiration for the day, a really strong lower body workout.
Thanks for posting this.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 10:31 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatrix View Post
Isn't she? Not even joking, I believe that's Kathy Smith at Burning Man.
I think she is at Burning Man. And I did finally read the article, which she says "you do a lot of dancing at Burning Man".

Anyway, good for her...I myself don't have the energy or gumption to party in the desert .

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

From Kathy in the article:

"The key to shapely legs is to do step-ups correctly.

No matter the height of your step, you need to disengage the back leg as much as possible. By doing that, you’ll focus on your front leg and quads to complete the motion, instead of pushing off the back leg.

Another important technique is to finish the step-up on one leg. Don’t put the back foot on the box. Instead, stand upright on the leg that drove you to the top, and squeeze your glutes to finish off the move."

Plus, having fantastic genetics helps!

At an IDEA convention/VF get-together (2004, I think), we got to meet Kathy. She was very gracious. She did have a lot of energy. She went around the convention hall trying all the fitness gadgets and demos.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 12:26 PM  
hypnomoon

I thought of Lady Gaga's newest video. LOL

I met Kathy decades ago. She's really tall. I'm 5'6" and she was about 3 inches taller than me. She's not a skinny one, or, at least not back in the late 80s. She had (fit) meat on her bones. She had a very low key personality too.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 05:13 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I thought of Lady Gaga's newest video. LOL

(snip)
I got a Moira Rose vibe (from Schitt's Creek). I don't think Moira showed that much skin (can't remember, exactly, though), but her usual color scheme and general style are very similar.

Donna
Old 03-23-21, 06:15 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I met Kathy decades ago. She's really tall. I'm 5'6" and she was about 3 inches taller than me. She's not a skinny one, or, at least not back in the late 80s. She had (fit) meat on her bones. She had a very low key personality too.
That’s interesting. I thought I read (years ago) on VF that she was 5’6”, a bit shorter than I am, but she always looked so much taller tall to me.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 07:51 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I remember looking up her height years ago, maybe on IMBD, and she's 5'10". I remember thinking we had a similar build if I was 3 inches taller and 15 pounds lighter with a bit more muscle. Now it would be more like 20 pounds and a lot more muscle.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspirational, kathy smith