Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-17, 02:12 PM  
casey

I forgot about the Infinity workouts. There are 4 of them but Infinity 1 is the easiest and most do-able. It's less than 45 minutes and I enjoy it. The least amount of arm balances, more legs.

Desie is right about Tonique Premier. I think it's great and I miss how she had us hold light hand weights, as in Premier. It definitely will give results. The only issue is that it looks a little dated like a 1980's video. When I first saw the preview a very long time ago, I made fun of it and said I would never do her workouts. I got it later and I realized it was a very good workout.

There are others that I still love but these are her less grueling ones.
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 03:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Me 3 on Casey's post! I agree with all of her findings although I've never done CardioMat.

I really, really like Euphoria as a BTM junior workout. That is my most used Hawaii workout. BTM is my absolute favorite Tonique workout ever although I like W2 just as much as W1.1. The Femme Fatale Phase 1 and 3 are invaluable, like Casey said too. I just don't do Phase 2 much since it's ridiculously long. I have tried to do it in pieces and that's good, but it's nice to not bother with splicing and dicing. The DVD is worth the value with Phase 1 and 3 alone. The bonus workouts Verve and Sway are also very good and I have used those a lot.

I must say ATM isn't one of my favorites, I like BTM and her other workouts for their leg toning benefits, like Casey said. However, ATM is more like a big mix and it's tough to get bored with such a variety. I usually go to about the 45 minute mark and call it quits, I've done the 90 minute workout several times but that's a long time for any workout. The second half is great too, it has a little more mat work and I think I counted 5 different burpee-like (in a Tonique fashion) variations in the overall 90 minute workout, so that tells you there's a lot of cardio. For Tonique cardio I do prefer ATM to something like Sculpt Dynamics which seems like it's 100% jumping. Also, I adore her outfit in ATM!

ETA: ATM has at most 3-4 exercises in a circuit before she repeats it, making it VERY easy to shorten the workout into 30, 45, 60 minutes instead of going the full hour. You don't really need to repeat content in this one like you would have to with most of her other workouts.
Old 05-11-17, 04:01 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

To follow up on Desie's post, I also really like her youtube bikini mini workouts. They are like 10-15 minutes each with good music and a very doable bite size of Tonique when I haven't done her workouts in a long time. Sometimes I'll tack one of her youtube workouts to one of the Express Sculpt or Cardio/Sculpt downloads. They are more in the 15-20 minute range. My absolute favorite is Sculpt 2 because it has a 4-exercise leg circuit on each side and also some cardio and squats, and I like the music.
Old 05-11-17, 07:19 PM  
casey

Hi ebianco
Sculpt2 is my favorite of the express downloads too.
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-17, 09:29 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Hi ebianco
Sculpt2 is my favorite of the express downloads too.
Casey
Hi Casey, waves! I enjoyed reading your thoughts about the Tonique workouts!

I've been following Sylwia's Instagram page and she's mentioned that she's working on a boxing/Tonique fusion workout. It sounds like it's been in person but hopefully she'll put out a download for us too
Old 05-12-17, 03:38 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

You can break up ATM into two workouts. That's what I do. The move where she does a squat and then touches a foot with the opposite hand is where I start the second workout. That's about the half way point.
Old 05-14-17, 12:44 PM  
Tammie M

Thanks Helen S! I'll try that.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonique