Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-01-22, 11:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Total Max Mixers August 2022

Happy August! I swear this summer has flown even faster than previous ones.

My August plan is running, CLX and PT.

Yesterday we went to a small Ren fest in WI and had a really nice day. I was so thankful for the breeze and decent cloud cover we had for the most part bc the temp was pretty high. I did get a little sunburned though.

I got up really so late so starting the day way behind my schedule.

I think someone asked how my feet are doing. No problems, just avoiding some things like calf raises until I have better guidance on what I should and shouldn't be doing. My 2nd opinion appt is a week from tmrw so I really hope I will have a plan for going forward after that.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 03:59 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 35 minutes of low impact cardio with some bodyweight strength moves + 35 minutes of yoga.

Vannie
- Great to hear your foot is doing OK. I would be interested to hear what the second doctor says about it.

Karjoy - Awesome that you're able to exercise again even if it's not for long.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a great evening.

Re decorating for fall, I can't get into any fall stuff until it gets cold.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 07:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Thanks for starting us off Vannie.

Vannie I am going to do a half marathon in mid October so I need to start training now. This is a women’s run festival and it is all weekend in mid October. You can do multiple distances over the weekend but I am just doing the Half. A bunch of us are going. It should be a lot of fun. Much easier to train for a half than a full.

Jbliff I am with you on fall decorating. I love fall colors like orange and browns but it has to be at least the 60s at night for me to feel fallish.

Hey Vannie and Cher when do you ladies start getting cooler?

Did a quick set of band work for upper body.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 08:58 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

42 minutes on the mill today and felt great. I am happy to say that I am hearing more reports of businesses requiring masks again.
Old 08-03-22, 07:27 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning + 42 minutes of Body Combat and 30 minutes of pilates in the afternoon.

Karjoy - Masks in Florida! What a novel concept . That is good if your cases are climbing.

People here are starting to be a little more careful than they've been, too.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 08-04-22, 12:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Workouts have been:
Monday -toe yoga, thoracic mobility, PT, wobble board drills & foot exercises, 3 dog walks

Tuesday-toe yoga, weeds, thoracic mobility, short Leslie walk, CLX Burn Circuit 3, 2 different stretch videos, PT stretches, only 2 dog walks bc heat index was over 100

Wednesday-toe yoga, evening run, 3 dog walks
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 06:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Resting today. For some reason I feel really tired. Ran 52 min on the mill yesterday. Going to Burn for total body tomorrow.

Our local schools start next week and I suspect with all this Covid it could be crazy. Thankfully kids don’t get as sick as adults but masks won’t be required so we’ll see.

Vannie look at you with your daily checkins. I am going to try to do some extra stuff like you do most days. I will keep it simple and just do KB swings since that is easy and I like them. What is toe yoga?

Jbliff is your morning walking weather tolerable?
Old 08-05-22, 08:23 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Jbliff: Hello! Sounds like you have had the same kind of heat we have had. Our hottest day has been 105. Currently I am traveling in TX and the hottest we have had to far is 108. Not sure what the heat index was, but it was atrocious.

Vannie: Hello! I agree. This summer has flown by. Actually the whole year has vanished so quickly. Last year I couldn’t pay enough to make time move faster, but this year I would pay to slow it down.

I am glad you are getting some good treatment for your feet. I am still fighting plantar fasciitis in both feet. Primary says go to foot doctor for injections. I’d rather address it with PT, etc., but getting him to move off of solutions like that is difficult. Trying different things. A coworker who runs suggested taping, so I have been looking into that as a possible aid.

Cher: Hello! How is your sister doing? Joseph? I think of you often.

Karen: Hello! Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it was a rough go for a couple of days. Honestly, I’d say I had a moderate case. I did get chest congestion along with 4 days of fever, headache, head congestion, etc. I was down for almost 8 full days before I went back to work… and then I took it easy. I couldn’t do full days those first 3 days. Thankfully our new office building has everyone in their own office so distancing is easy. No one is even close to my office as I am surrounded by either empty future offices or conference rooms.

My BF got it 3 days after I did, so the 4th was spent with both of us not feeling 100%. We did watch fireworks from his work parking lot sitting in his truck. We needed something to look at besides four walls and the backs of our eyelids. BF didn’t get the chest congestion, though, and I am glad. We both lost taste and smell after about day 8. I am still struggling with it, but he has recovered most of his taste and smell. When DD had it in August 2020 she lost both senses and still struggles with both - and says the phantom smells are the worst part.

I did start working out two weeks after and had to go light and shorter. I haven’t worked out in over a week, though. The heat is horrible and until last week I found the heat exhausting to be out and about in - even walking to my car or taking the trash out. Very sensitive to it post illness.

There is going to be a Coffeyfit roadtrip in October. I haven’t seen the final schedule. It will be released soon. I will probably fly out Wednesday and try to go to Cathe Live on that Thursday morning. Will have to see.

Check-in: Other than some walking we did on vacation yesterday, no real workouts in well over a week. The heat has been oppressive and my motivation is lacking. I think like last year I am subconsciously reliving August 2020 and Darrell’s severe physical decline and eventual passing. I haven’t seen my counselor for over two months, so I am anxious to see her later next week. Sometime you just need to talk to someone that isn’t part of your daily life, family, friends or work. Our grief group hasn’t been meeting except for monthly because of summer, so I miss that interaction. So does my BF. We are doing great, by the way. We spent this past weekend with his mom and oldest son and family in Branson. His youngest son and family were unable to attend at the last minute due to a death in the family. It was a lot of fun.

Better run for now. Waves to all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 08:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee so good to hear from you! Thanks for the long post and for catching up. OMG yes it is so hot. I am so thankful to be running on my treadmill indoors some days. The AC upstairs in the treadmill room is set at 78 but it is still less humid than outdoors and I have fans on. Went to Burn boot camp for the first time in about 2 weeks. It was total body strength and was great. Lots of functional moves. Seems like I had not lost much strength.

Gibbee I am sorry about your plantar fasciitis. So much trouble when it is chronic too. I know what you mean about August. My Dad and brother both died in no August years ago. Of course not the same year or day in August but I often feel unexpectedly sad and “off” in August. My heart goes out to you. Hugs! Glad you and your BF are doing well and you have visited his family.

Waves to Jbliff, Vannie, and Cher.
Old 08-06-22, 01:27 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning + a Youtube total body strength training workout using heavy weights in a HiiT format. It was a great workout. I was dripping with sweat toward the end. I am a little surprised I haven't lost strength given that I haven't been lifting heavy for a month or so.

Gibbee - So great to hear from you and get an update on how you are doing. Sorry you are still feeling the effects from your bout with COVID. I have PF too but it has gotten so much better since I started using the right insoles. Good to hear your relationship is going well.

Karjoy - If I go for my walk before 9 a.m. it's fairly tolerable heat wise but still fairly humid. I'm sure you wouldn't have lost strength from being off for a week. I can't believe school is starting again already!

Waves to all. Have a good day.