Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-04, 10:53 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Michelle Lemay Essential Stretching

Michelle Lemay has a show on FitTV. She is a fantastic dancer and has some old videos. She also has a book (or kit) called, "Essential Stretch" which I would imagine might be very good. Does anyone here have it? Her website is michellelemay.com. Does anyone have any of her stretch videos? I've seen her stretching in a live class, and she is amazingly flexible.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-04, 02:03 PM  
doskymom

I went to the website, but it doesn't look like you can order any of the stretch workouts on the site. I sent them an e-mail asking how you can get the workouts.

I first became of aware of Michelle from Jane Fonda's Step and Stretch workout. I really liked her in that one, but hadn't seen her since until I recently started taping "Aerobic Conditioning" episodes on fit t.v. and she leads some of those (including the one I taped this morning.)

I wonder if she makes any other kinds of workouts...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-04, 07:27 PM  
doskymom

Abbe,
Thank you for your interest in Michelle LeMay Fitness videos. The videos we have available are:

* Essential Stretch - Peacefully Powerful
* Essential Stretch - Alive In Your Body
* Funky Bizness - Cardio Hip-Hop Workout
* Great Moves Funky Blend - Hip-Hop Dance Workout
* Gospel Aerobics - Inspiration for both Body and Soul
* Gotta Sweat w/ Cory Everson - Butt & Thigh Solution

All videos are $19.95 (plus $5.00 shipping and handling /$7.50 for 3 or more videos.)

You can order through the mail by sending a check or money order to:

Michelle LeMay
P.O. Box 11461
Marina Del Rey, CA

Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Peace,

Charlotte

I got this response to my e-mail regarding Michelle's workouts:
Old 03-30-04, 11:25 AM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

Bringing this thread back to life to ask if anyone has any reviews on her Essential Stretch Peacefully Powerful and Alive in Your Body workouts. I had never heard of her and was wondering what the workouts were like, how she is as an instructor and anyother comments you might have - good or bad. Thanks!

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-04, 11:39 AM  
doskymom

Missey,

I can't comment on the stretch workouts, but I did order the "Gospel Aerobics" workout (I ordered it from a Christian bookstore site where it was less than half the price they wanted for it on Michelle's site.) I didn't like this workout at all - I posted a review here a couple weeks ago. Also, since I've been taping "Aerobic Conditioning" workouts off of Fit t.v. every day, I've decided the workouts led by Michelle (Body Waves) are my least favorite. I do like Michelle, though, so maybe I would like her stretch workouts better, although I thought they seemed a little expensive - even buying the 3-pack, I think the price is still $60.00 plus shipping and I know at least one of the workouts is only 30 minutes long. If you are tempted to buy these, you might want to try to purchase them somewhere less expensive. I'll see if I can find the Christian bookstore site.....
Old 03-30-04, 11:43 AM  
doskymom

I found Christianbook.com, but it doesn't look like they carry the stretch workouts...
Old 03-30-04, 12:22 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
Missey,

I do like Michelle, though, so maybe I would like her stretch workouts better, although I thought they seemed a little expensive - even buying the 3-pack, I think the price is still $60.00 plus shipping and I know at least one of the workouts is only 30 minutes long. If you are tempted to buy these, you might want to try to purchase them somewhere less expensive. I'll see if I can find the Christian bookstore site.....
I also thought the workouts were rather expensive. I guess I was looking for someone to rave about them enough to convince me they were worth the $s. Thanks for looking at the Christian bookstore site for me.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-04, 12:24 PM  
Raquel13
VF Supporter

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I just skimmed over the thread), but her videos are soon going to be released on DVD. I got the following email this morning:

Quote:
Hi Raquel,

Finally - the DVD's will be ready by the end of this week. They are 24.95 each - but if you want to take advantage of the TV Special we're going to be running - I'll give you that deal through the mail.... You get all 3 DVD's plus the Inner Revival CD and the Essential Stretch Lifestyle Guide for 59.90 plus 6.95 shipping and handling.

you can send a check or money order to:

Michelle LeMay Fitness
PO BOX 11461
MDR CA 90295

or call in your credit card: (310) 306-2022 or 800 LESS-STRESS

Blessings,
Michelle

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Raquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-04, 03:50 PM  
cz639

wasn't Michelle one of the instructors in Jane Fonda's Step and Stretch?

Born to be wild - live to outgrow it.
Lao Tzu
cz639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-04, 04:00 PM  
doskymom

Yes, she was...