Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-15, 04:27 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

When did Venus Index become Venus Factor?

I bought Venus Index many moons ago and thought about using it for my next rotation. I was surprised to see it now called Venus Factor and it looks a bit different. Why and when did this change? Does anyone know the reason why? And do people still enjoy this rotation? Thanks!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 08:30 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

So no one knows anything?
Old 05-27-15, 09:06 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

I'm not sure when it changed.

the paper workouts are still solid but they seem to be pushing the diet and whatever diet related fad that's in the wind

I've started cringing when I get their emails

anyone have more info?
Old 05-27-15, 09:08 AM  
rhbrand

No more info from me. I use to go to the forum, but there are some very active members who are way into intermittent fasting almost to the point of saying anyone who doesn't fast is a moron.

Turned me off totally, and I quit going. Then I unsubscribed to his e-mails cause he started pushing people into buying other stuff from "fitness friends"
Old 05-27-15, 09:23 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Thanks, ladies. As long as the paper workouts are still good, I'm fine and will probably start a rotation soon.

Yes, I agree. They started pushing diet a LOT and all those stupid "clickbank" systems from every Joe Schmoe. It gets annoying fast.

If anyone knows more, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 05-27-15, 11:50 AM  
slysam

I think the name change was at least 1-2 years ago possibly to easier distinguish their different programs (rather than just calling them 1, 2 , 3, etc). I learned well after the fact on this forum.

I didn't pay that much attention to the diet part. They always emphasized that diet was the key aspect for fat loss and as far as I know they always advocated intermittent fasting as an option. It did open my mind to something I would have immediately dismissed, though... Well, I agree about the Venus forum, though diet isn't really a topic for VF. So I won't say more. The extent of the diet advice and the relentless sales stuff is a bit annoying so I have tuned out to the point I am really out of date on anything Venus related. The paper workouts are really good though (at least most of them, I read some reviews about the system that use to be VI 3 that doesn't sound that great).
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 03:33 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
No more info from me. I use to go to the forum, but there are some very active members who are way into intermittent fasting almost to the point of saying anyone who doesn't fast is a moron.

Turned me off totally, and I quit going. Then I unsubscribed to his e-mails cause he started pushing people into buying other stuff from "fitness friends"
Same here. Some of the moms were using the intermittent fasting technique on their young daughters , and the email blasts were getting creepy. The workouts do seem pretty solid.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 06:47 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Same here. Some of the moms were using the intermittent fasting technique on their young daughters
Yikes. I remember years ago reading a David Kirsch book where he was detailing some crash diet + fitness program of the type he uses with models and celebrities. In it he detailed everyday people's stories using the program, including a 13 or 14 year old girl. This was a seriously restrictive diet, and I could no longer take him seriously knowing he got a very young teenager to follow it. I closed the book and didn't look at it ever again.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote