Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-07, 04:11 PM  
susieqsmith

I decided to order it as well
susieqsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 09:53 AM  
Rhonda

susieqsmith - Did you receive any sort of confirmation on shipping? I received my order confirmation but nothing on if it has been shipped yet. I e-mailed them on Friday but haven't heard back from them

Just wondering,
Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-07, 10:22 PM  
susieqsmith

I haven't gotten a confirmation either
susieqsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 07:19 AM  
Rhonda

I found an e-mail address and they did respond. My stuff it out for delivery today. Can't wait til I get home.

Rhonda
Old 01-23-07, 07:25 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Rhonda keep us posted

I'm very interested in this and can't wait to hear comments!

Denise
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-07, 07:23 AM  
Rhonda

I did the Triad Ball Level 1 workout this morning. I had previewed it when I was on the treadmill last night and was thinking, oh my this workout seems to be lasting forever.

Well it didn't it actually went by quickly for me. I am not a 50 minute type of person for pilates but this one didn't bore me or anything. I enjoyed it and am thinking about revamping my workouts to add it in at least once a week mixing up level 1 and 2. I haven't looked at level 2 yet.

The ball gives a new twist on the exercises. For the hundred, they have you put the ball under you head/neck and then pump the arms. This worked well for me as my neck starts hurting from holding it up so long.

Mainly the ball is between your legs (knees/ankles). They do most of the same exercises found on other pilates tapes along with the ball. The ball is used in each exercise be it between the legs or resting on it.

The one exercise I liked was near the end and they have you put the ball between the small of your back and butt. Lift yourself up and do the frog leg exercise (OK may not be the proper name) and then do leg circles. Trying to stay on the ball was a challenge but I did.

Using the ball I seem to use the core more especially the lower abs.

I didn't write anything down as I was doing the workout since I didn't have time to keep stopping. They don't explain the exercises so you do need to have a little bit of knowledge.

Hope to hear what others have to say once they get the package. After doing this I may have to sort through my pilates workouts and put some on the trade list.

Rhonda
Old 01-24-07, 01:06 PM  
InMyPrime

Daphne if you're out there....
Thank you so much for the tip! I love love love my new mini ball and those Bender dvds. I can't believe how much the ball helps me work both sides--I have some major hip/glute/ab imbalances and I think this is going to be just the ticket. I bought the advanced dvd too and haven't tried it yet. So far, I'm plenty pleased with her first one.
Thanks
Melissa
InMyPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 01:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Reviving this. For those who ordered the Triad ball, could you tell us its size and how soft/firm it is?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-07, 03:53 PM  
Rhonda

Firm enough to hold your head up and lay on it but soft enough to squeeze between your legs/ankles.

Would like to hear what others say, I know others have ordered.

Rhonda
Old 01-26-07, 05:17 PM  
michl43

Mini Ball Pilates workout

I got the MiniBall ball & DVD from Ross for $3.99. It is a 12" ball plus dvd. It is pretty good quality, both ball & dvd.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bender ball, mini ball, pilates ball, triad ball