Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-07, 03:19 PM  
susieqsmith

Pilates triad ball

There is an article in the current Pilates Style magazine about the triad ball. It sounds interesting. Has anyone tried it?
susieqsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 04:42 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I haven't, but it's featured in the current More issue (Feb) too.

ETA: I just visited the website (http://www.zenirgy.com/home.asp) and of course you can buy videos, etc. I wonder how different this ball is from the cheaper 12" hot pink Gymnic Therapy ball that was discussed here some time ago. http://www.sensoryedge.com/gythba.html
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 06:57 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

This website looks interesting, thanks for sharing!

Denise,
who thinks this looks similar to Leslee Bender's workouts......
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 07:08 PM  
Daphne M

Thanks for posting this!

I got the hot pink 12" Gymnic Therapy ball along with a Leslie?Leslee? Bender DVD with small ball exercises. (I can't remember if she calls it the "overball" or the "miniball," but it's this same ball.) I love love love using this ball.

I'm glad to see someone else making a Pilates DVD using the 12" ball. I like variety! And although I like Lesl?e's workout,it moves a little slowly between exercises and is not chaptered, so there a bit too much down time to suit me. (Nevertheless the exercises are excellent and her form is outstanding.)

By the way, I subsitute the 12" ball for lots of exercises where you might use the Pilates ring or a larger stability ball. It doesn't leave me feeling bruised the way the ring does. And exercises with the ball between your knees or thighs or ankles are much more comfortable with the small 12" ball. (Lots of Cathe floor work, for example.)

Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 08:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hey Daphne, what is the feel/texture/springiness of the Gymnic ball? The Triad ball is described as having a "unique texture" and the photoshoot in More magazine makes it look rather soft. Would you describe the Gymnic as firm or 'mushy'? Thanks!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 05:46 PM  
Daphne M

The texture of the Gymnic ball is the same as the larger sized stability balls. I guess there is a little "grippiness" to it that keeps it from sliding out from between your ankles. We use the same 12" balls in my Pilates class at my gym and she uses them for hamstring rollouts on the ball that are KILLER. Ow ow ow ow ow! But I'm getting stronger ... so it's all good.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Old 01-15-07, 12:01 PM  
InMyPrime

Daphne,
It looks like Leslee Bender has an infomercial now?? Are these the videos you have? She is using a 9" ball so of course now I am obsessing over which ball to buy.
www.benderball.com

I'm also seeing this set:
http://www.4naturalhealing.com/produ...s_id/455229081

Of course the 12" pink ball is darn cute...

Feedback anyone?
Melissa
InMyPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 03:14 PM  
Daphne M

Melissa -- I don't know anything about Leslee's infomercial or the advertised set. I don't think the difference in size between the "benderball" and the ball gymnic ball I purchased is very significant. The ball I purchased is 30 cm (~12 or 13ish inches) in diameter.

This is the DVD I bought: http://www.balldynamics.com/product_...roducts_id/301, which is taught by Leslee Bender.

There's also a more advanced DVD with the miniball with her: http://www.balldynamics.com/product_...roducts_id/302

Looks as if the smaller ball size is becoming popular and Leslee is shrewdly trying to use the moment. Which works fine for me, if the workouts are good. The DVDs above are very good, but they are not chaptered, which is a slight annoyance, because I like to slice and dice my workouts.

I'm psyched -- when I bought my ball a few weeks ago, the two DVDs above were the only ones I knew of. Now there's the triad ball DVDs and the Benderball DVDs. It is good to be a DVDidiot!
Breast Cancer Survivor
Old 01-16-07, 07:12 PM  
InMyPrime

Thanks Daphne,
I'm going to get one of these and probably the advanced DVD. I'm just stuck on the $8.95 shipping that seems to be the norm for the ball and DVD set. Has anyone else found a better deal?
Thanks,
Melissa
InMyPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 07:36 AM  
Rhonda

I seen this in the Pilates Style Mag and caved and order the ball and two videos. Kinda expensive but I did a paypal balance so I used that. Hopefully I will have it shortly. The ship UPS so that is good.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bender ball, mini ball, pilates ball, triad ball