Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-20, 11:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Erica - that is good to hear. You taught them well!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 11:39 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
IL primary voting was 3/17 and I was totally annoyed that it was not postponed. On the news, the reporters at the polls were saying how all the polling places would have hand sanitizers, etc., but when I got there--nothing! And I went about an hour after polls opened, so

Luckily, I had already started carrying my own disinfecting wipes and my own pen.

Donna
It’s all pretty disgraceful, no matter your political leanings. I applaud the bravery and tenacity of all in WI and ILexercising their right to cast a ballot. I’ve voted absentee, in person, for the last two elections. For this year’s general, I will request a mail in ballot as soon as they are available, just in case. I prefer to vote in person on Election Day during a presidential but that might be a dicey thing this year.

I’m lucky to live in Virginia, where the voting laws encourage participation. Everyone should vote and everyone should be able to vote. The best way to change the laws in your state is to let your state reps/senators know.

My apologies if this post is against the rules and moderators should delete if it does. Be advised that I truly believe we should all have our say, even if our ideologies differ.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 12:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

This is how some folks are reacting to the new world:

Man Accused of Punching Mother in Fight Over Toilet Paper

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...paper/2342567/

As for masks, our mayor says that EVERYONE must now wear masks or face coverings. A store can ask someone to leave if they are not wearing masks or face coverings. My DH still sees people without masks.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Our county has extended it's shelter-in-place orders until May 15th.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-11-20, 12:47 PM  
Daffie

Maybe you have said, but where do you live?
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 01:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
Maybe you have said, but where do you live?
Southern California.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-11-20, 01:20 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Our county has extended it's shelter-in-place orders until May 15th.
Smart move.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 01:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
This is how some folks are reacting to the new world:

Man Accused of Punching Mother in Fight Over Toilet Paper

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...paper/2342567/

As for masks, our mayor says that EVERYONE must now wear masks or face coverings. A store can ask someone to leave if they are not wearing masks or face coverings. My DH still sees people without masks.
Our governor says everyone should wear masks when in stores, but from what I saw at Aldi this morning, about 1/2 the people weren't following that suggestion. BTW, Aldi now has someone wiping down carts out front and limiting the number of customers in the store. The aisles are one way now (which people were not following) and cashiers use your original cart when checking out (not the customer's cart in front of you.) I found most everything I needed, except paper goods. So the tp desperation is real, but, damn, punching your own mother! People are going crazy!
Old 04-11-20, 01:54 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Our governor says everyone should wear masks when in stores, but from what I saw at Aldi this morning, about 1/2 the people weren't following that suggestion. BTW, Aldi now has someone wiping down carts out front and limiting the number of customers in the store. The aisles are one way now (which people were not following) and cashiers use your original cart when checking out (not the customer's cart in front of you.) I found most everything I needed, except paper goods. So the tp desperation is real, but, damn, punching your own mother! People are going crazy!
We don't have the mask rule (so far) where I live, but when I stopped at the grocery store on Thursday I chose to wear a homemade mask I put together from a bandana and two rubber bands. I noticed that there was a mix in the store of people wearing masks or scarves, people wearing gloves, people wearing both masks and gloves, and people wearing neither.

I was pretty surprised that the store I went to didn't have any disinfectant wipes next to the carts. Thankfully I had a small pack in my purse, along with a small bottle of hand sanitizer, both of which my son gave to me recently when he found them in his hiking supplies from last summer.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 01:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
It’s all pretty disgraceful, no matter your political leanings. I applaud the bravery and tenacity of all in WI and ILexercising their right to cast a ballot. I’ve voted absentee, in person, for the last two elections. For this year’s general, I will request a mail in ballot as soon as they are available, just in case. I prefer to vote in person on Election Day during a presidential but that might be a dicey thing this year.

I’m lucky to live in Virginia, where the voting laws encourage participation. Everyone should vote and everyone should be able to vote. The best way to change the laws in your state is to let your state reps/senators know.

My apologies if this post is against the rules and moderators should delete if it does. Be advised that I truly believe we should all have our say, even if our ideologies differ.
Totally agree.
DD is a college student in Ohio and in the fall registered to vote there. The primary was scheduled for the week after spring break but in person classes were cancelled during her break. She requested an absentee ballot and I told her it wouldn’t arrive in time. Thankfully the election was delayed and she just completed her ballot. She actually researched all the candidates on the ballot before she voted. She did the same when she voted here in NJ in 2018.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing