Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-20, 09:34 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Today I visited a different store and they too are reducing DVD prices. They are $1 a disc and it doesn’t matter if they are singles or in a set, each disc $1.

Whilst there I found a set, Brazil Butt Lift sealed. Because it was sealed the cashier decided along with the booklets that we could see that there were probably 2 discs so she charged me $2.
Turns out on opening later there were 3 discs and of course I was ecstatic to find this set!
That's such a great find and a great price. I saw that you already tried Bum Bum and liked it. I love Brazil Butt Lift!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 12:03 PM  
wendug

So my thrift store had a lot of med ball workouts on this recent visit. Bender ball workouts, Mindy Mylrea Med Ball Madness, Mitch Gaylord Melt it Off Ultimate Core, and Kimberly Spreen Play Ball. They were all still sealed! I only picked up the Kimberly Spreen workout as it is a combo of med ball and stability ball. I couldn't find much about the workout online, but it is available here-

https://scwfit.com/store/product/play-ball/

Since these were new to the thrift store they were $3 each. After a few weeks they are marked down to 25% off, then 50% off. So you have to decide if you want to leave it to get it for less later. And, shockingly, they had no Jillian or Firm workouts.
Old 01-22-20, 03:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Wendug that Spreen I would have had to picked up too. I might have even picked up the Mindy as well.

Buzzer I'm sure if I saw part of the fanny lifter I wouldn't have recognized it. Good eye!

Seagreen01 I would have been so curious about Brazil at that price that I would have purchased too. Nice find!

Who was it who wished me luck?

Thank you!! Because I scored a couple of Cathes at an out of town used bookstore. One I probably will never use (Hardcore extreme) but the other made me squeal and snatch up (Xtrain All Out Low impact HIIT). Also picked up Zone Pilates mat and ball with Liz Gillies which turned out to be a fabulous impulse purchase.

I'll have to check out if there's a way to make HC extreme something I can use but I can always trade it to my used bookstore if I can't.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 03:44 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Because I scored a couple of Cathes at an out of town used bookstore. One I probably will never use (Hardcore extreme) but the other made me squeal and snatch up (Xtrain All Out Low impact HIIT).
I'll have to check out if there's a way to make HC extreme something I can use but I can always trade it to my used bookstore if I can't.
OOHH! Great finds! I really like Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT. That's definitely worth hanging on to. And I also think HCExtreme is worth hanging on to or trading/sharing with another VF.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 04:14 PM  
wendug

fanofladyvols- Congrats on finding Cathe while thrifting! Every now and then one will pop up at a thrift store and I grab it, but it is rare!

I didn't pick up the Mindy Mylrea because I knew I did the workout before on YT. Well...now it isn't on YT anymore. I'll go back to that store soon and if it is meant to be I'll pick it up.
Old 01-25-20, 06:29 PM  
Karla25

Oh happy days! :-) lol. I purchased a kettlenetics workout within the last few months. I like the workouts that I’ve done, but I’ve had to use a bigger and clunkier bell than Michelle and it was a bit awkward for some moves.

Today my husband suggested going to the thrift store. I almost shrugged it off, but being bored with nothing else to do decided to go. I found the 4lb kettlenetic kettlebell in excellent condition for $3.93. I’m going to enjoy trying out the workouts with the much smaller bell. Life has some interesting twists and turns.
Old 01-31-20, 01:28 PM  
firmaniac

Turbo Fire

...I couldn't resist it when I saw the big white box!! It is the complete set, including logo stretchy band, toning cords and the tape measure ( LOL). All the guides, planners, trackers, calendars, AND the bonus 4 dvd Advanced Classes add on. I paid $29.99 at Goodwill. It appears to have never been used. This is the only Beach Body program I truly bonded with. I really enjoyed it when a kind friend loaned it to me back in 2010. I'm ready to dive in again Whoohoo

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 03:26 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
...I couldn't resist it when I saw the big white box!! It is the complete set, including logo stretchy band, toning cords and the tape measure ( LOL). All the guides, planners, trackers, calendars, AND the bonus 4 dvd Advanced Classes add on. I paid $29.99 at Goodwill. It appears to have never been used. This is the only Beach Body program I truly bonded with. I really enjoyed it when a kind friend loaned it to me back in 2010. I'm ready to dive in again Whoohoo
That's a GREAT FIND! Have fun doing it again. I like those workouts but haven't done them in a really long time.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 03:28 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
That's great! I am glad you found it! Have fun!

I still have my set. They are too fast moving for me, but I hold onto them thinking maybe "someday" I will be able to use them again.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 11:37 AM  
firmaniac

Thank you Kim and Sherry!!!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds