Patti S.
VF Supporter

That's a bummer, I'm sorry. I have one more you can try though:

ravianayoga@aol.com
Old 09-25-15, 07:05 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
So true, Sundari. Although lately you'd think it was the old days at my house--all I've been doing is Maya Fiennes' Yoga for Real Beauty. Just can't seem to get enough of that one. And it was a Half Price Books bargain!

I haven't had any problems with the few DVD-rs I own, but reading about other VFers' experiences, I think I'll just avoid them whenever possible.

Those of you who have the new Raviana--how does it compare to their other short set workouts, House Calls and Quick Fixes? Do you have a preference?
Me too. I've doing older Raviana's. Would love to know how this compares to others of their dvd's.
Old 09-26-15, 12:32 AM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari View Post
Me too. I've doing older Raviana's. Would love to know how this compares to others of their dvd's.
I also tend to gravitate towards the older ones.

I'd like to know if the music is soothing, rythmic & matches the moves like it does in their older ones - Fat Free & Yoga Beauty Body.

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 07:15 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
I also tend to gravitate towards the older ones.

I'd like to know if the music is soothing, rythmic & matches the moves like it does in their older ones - Fat Free & Yoga Beauty Body.
I can't wait til more reviews to find out how this new one compares to the older ones and semi older ones.
Old 09-26-15, 08:15 AM  
DeepSeaSue

The DVD-R doesn't bother me too much but I just tried to do a practice only to find that the matrix on my DVD doesn't work properly THAT does bother me. I probably won't request a refund but I won't be doing any more preorders with Ravi and Ana. I'll let them work out the kinks and order from Amazon a month later (where I can get the bonus of free shipping).
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 02:39 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

While I was traveling I posted via Facebook asking anyone if the DVD-r situation bothered them, and Ana replied that it shouldn't pose a problem and that they had put the first batch on DVD-r to get the pre-orders out; the rest would be pressed DVDs.

So in honor of our loyalty and support we got the cheap prototypes and the pressed versions go out for mass marketing. I still haven't tried it, I'm kind of put off. I hate to even say that because I love these two and their products so much.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 02:43 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

So in honor of our loyalty and support we got the cheap prototypes and the pressed versions go out for mass marketing. I still haven't tried it, I'm kind of put off. I hate to even say that because I love these two and their products so much.

I completely agree. That cavalier attitude towards their loyal followers, along with the matrix problem I posted above, have really turned me off.
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 02:44 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
I emailed them 2 days ago and havent heard anything back yet. Is there any other way to contact them? Thanks!
Reash, they are on travel right now doing training or a workshop or something - I guaranty Ana will get back to you. Despite this problem they do value their customers.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 03:50 PM  
sundari

This is an unfortunate situation for those loyal customers.
Old 09-30-15, 03:44 PM  
lorajc

I don't think any of us really need to worry though...their customer service is good. I contacted them re it and explained that I use my Ravi/Ana DVDs daily and they told me if it ever goes bad they will replace it and i believe them.....they are very kind. I've had Ravi give me another DVD that was a newer version of an older workout as i asked about a certain problem I have and he told me their was a meditation on it I needed to do and my version of DVD didn't have the meditation. I thought that he went out of his way customer service wise and he made me trust them.....but that's just me.....maybe everyone else doesn't feel like that......however I am comfortable and i use my DVDs by them more than any other in my collection.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ravi and ana, raviana