Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-15, 10:34 AM  
Suzan66

I absolutely love love love this dvd! I've tried all of the sets but one and will do that tomorrow. Awesome music and new moves. It's more ab and UB focused since most moves are done seated but that's ok.. I have HDM and B3 for LB work.

Gyan Chakra Kriya is awesome. Seated w hands in gyan mudra alternating arms over head in a backstroke swimming like motions while singing along to chant. I thought my arms would fall off but I was smiling the entire time.

Chant for Guidance is a singing chant and you can't help but sway to the music and feel awesome.

This is a must have dvd for anyone who loves KY!
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-15, 12:04 PM  
rheash92

What's the email address to contact them? I want to return the DVD I'm afraid the DvR will fail on me.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-15, 12:32 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Try raviana@raviana.com

(Sorry to thread-jack) Update: Last night I got a very nice note from Ana and Ravi apologizing for the issue. Pretty confident that it was actually from Ana and Ravi.

Basically, the gist was that, although they have faith in the DVRs that they are currently distributing, they still intend to professionally press this workout, as well as future workouts yay!

They refunded my money and also said to keep the DVR (which I had already sent back oops). In addition, they said when the professional pressing was done, that they would be more than happy to send me it if I'd like.

So I'm very happy that they plan to continue putting out "regular" DVDs and not those crappy purple-backed things and will be re-purchasing via Amazon.I thought that I would never buy another DVD from them again, but if they continue to professionally press their workouts, I will continue to support their company.
Old 09-24-15, 01:12 PM  
sherry7899

That is great news! Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-15, 01:26 PM  
Sultana

I pre ordered and rec'd short sets and dancing the chakras, which I had included w/ my preorder. Now, about 5 or so days later, I rec'd another short sets. Is this because they re did the dvds? did I read in another thread that they had to do so? This is my first experience w/ raviana.
I did do a portion of the first short sets I'd rec'd. I'm brand new to KY so I can't really say much, it was more woo woo than I'd anticipated.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-15, 02:13 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Well this is the last time I pre-order from them. What a shame. Things just haven't been the same since they left NYC. Mine is still waiting for me at home.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-15, 02:15 PM  
sherry7899

Pat-I am really sorry. I wonder why they sent out dvd-r's then? I am still waiting for Amazon to have it. I usually wait for Amazon because I save up reward points for dvds.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 08:50 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Patti- that stinks! I worry about the shelf life of dvd-r's and I hate to spend $16 on one.
I wish they had said they were dvd-r before you ordered. I was waiting for Amazon to stock them.
They should have mentioned that it was a DVD-r. Just so that you know what your are purchasing. My old DVD player would not play any DVD-r's. My new one does. Just that alone makes a difference when purchasing. Also some do have a short shelf life. And since we all have so many DVD's by the time we get back around to doing this particular DVD-r it's shelf life might have expired. So that to has to come into play. It's not like the old days when you just had one DVD and played it all the time and got your money's worth.
Old 09-25-15, 04:11 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari View Post
Also some do have a short shelf life. And since we all have so many DVD's by the time we get back around to doing this particular DVD-r it's shelf life might have expired. So that to has to come into play. It's not like the old days when you just had one DVD and played it all the time and got your money's worth.
So true, Sundari. Although lately you'd think it was the old days at my house--all I've been doing is Maya Fiennes' Yoga for Real Beauty. Just can't seem to get enough of that one. And it was a Half Price Books bargain!

I haven't had any problems with the few DVD-rs I own, but reading about other VFers' experiences, I think I'll just avoid them whenever possible.

Those of you who have the new Raviana--how does it compare to their other short set workouts, House Calls and Quick Fixes? Do you have a preference?
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 04:22 PM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
I emailed them 2 days ago and havent heard anything back yet. Is there any other way to contact them? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ravi and ana, raviana