Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-12, 07:57 AM  
isebelleg44

Should I sell P90X2?

I received P90X2 for Christmas and have only done a couple of workouts. I loved P90X and got a lot of use out of the workouts over the years.

I tried HC1 and want more HC workouts. Selling P90X2 would provide funds for my new HC interest. The thing is I don't want to regret unloading P90X2 without giving the system a fair shake. I think they might be comparable to HC workouts with balance and core focus.

For those who have done both, should I give P90X2 a fair shot before getting rid of it?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 09:37 AM  
marmact

I guess that depends on whether you think you will use it or not. I like P90X2. Some of the workouts are really challenging for core and balance, which is something I'm working on right now.

However, I'm also a little obsessed with HC at the moment. While it is also VERY challenging and core- and balance-focused, what feels different to me is that the workouts feel like something I'll actually be able to do in their entirety at some point. I don't feel like that about some of the P90X2 workouts. I love me some Tony, but some of the stuff he does in P90X2 seems like.... showing off. For example, the pushups on four med balls, and the swinging around like a monkey doing crazy pull-up versions, etc. I'm sure those moves are doable and inspiring for some folks, and I certainly don't mind modifying, but I just don't find them very motivating because they aren't something I really care to aspire to. (When I think of myself doing pushups on med balls, what I think about are a broken nose or some missing teeth after face planting, LOL.)

Hopefully that makes some sense.

The end result is I'm keeping P90X2 but mostly plan to sprinkle the workouts into rotations that are based around other workouts/systems. However, I'm going to do HC as a rotation, and probably for some time. It just feels great.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 12:05 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post

However, I'm also a little obsessed with HC at the moment. While it is also VERY challenging and core- and balance-focused, what feels different to me is that the workouts feel like something I'll actually be able to do in their entirety at some point. I don't feel like that about some of the P90X2 workouts. I love me some Tony, but some of the stuff he does in P90X2 seems like.... showing off. For example, the pushups on four med balls, and the swinging around like a monkey doing crazy pull-up versions, etc. I'm sure those moves are doable and inspiring for some folks, and I certainly don't mind modifying, but I just don't find them very motivating because they aren't something I really care to aspire to. (When I think of myself doing pushups on med balls, what I think about are a broken nose or some missing teeth after face planting, LOL.)

Hopefully that makes some sense.
This is exactly the reason why I am thinking about letting go of P90X2. There is no way I will ever be able to do crazy pull ups as I only aspire to do a few unassisted pull ups. But I have P90X for that. Nor do I want to do crazy push ups as they are crazy enough for me in P90X.
I tried HC1 and while I am not able to do all the moves without modifications yet, but I know if I stick with it I'll get there. Thanks for your input!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 06-06-12, 12:09 PM  
marmact

Join our HC check-in!
Old 06-06-12, 12:14 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Join our HC check-in!
I need to buy some more HC workouts 1st.

Old 06-06-12, 03:31 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
I love me some Tony, but some of the stuff he does in P90X2 seems like.... showing off. For example, the pushups on four med balls, and the swinging around like a monkey doing crazy pull-up versions, etc. I'm sure those moves are doable and inspiring for some folks, and I certainly don't mind modifying, but I just don't find them very motivating because they aren't something I really care to aspire to. (When I think of myself doing pushups on med balls, what I think about are a broken nose or some missing teeth after face planting, LOL.)
Hmmph, that is exactly the way I feel about P90X2 and why it turned me off. I think they are good workouts and was holding on to them to try them again at a later date. At least I don't feel so alone now!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 03:38 PM  
rhbrand

I'm really thinking of selling mine. I've only previewed them, but really don't think I could do, or even try, some of those moves.
Old 06-06-12, 05:58 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Hmmph, that is exactly the way I feel about P90X2 and why it turned me off. I think they are good workouts and was holding on to them to try them again at a later date. At least I don't feel so alone now!
You're not alone! I liked most of the workouts in Phase 1, but really wasn't crazy about Phase 2. I much prefer to do STS for strength. I tried the P.A.P. workouts once, but didn't love them enough to do them again. I'm not sure what it is exactly, I'm just not feeling the love for the workouts past phase 1. Part of the reason may be that the strength workouts seemed repetitious to me. I thought that P90X had a ton of cool moves, even if they were just variations on push ups and chin ups. P90X2 seems to just lack oomph. Where they tried to add oomph is the crazy moves like push ups on 4 balls where I feel like I'm either going to wrench my back or do a face plant. I think I posted that when I did the Chest and Back workout, the moves were so crazy I could only get in maybe one or two reps. Yuck.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 06:25 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
the pushups on four med balls,
I don't have P90x2 and had not interest in it. But man this just seems to be over the top crazy. Who wants to do this? I guess if you want to show off to your friends but I just want a good workout.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 06:56 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I don't have P90x2 and had not interest in it. But man this just seems to be over the top crazy. Who wants to do this? I guess if you want to show off to your friends but I just want a good workout.
I know, right? I have a couple of guy friends who can do this. I think you have to have crazy upper body and strength. I doubt I would attempt it.

That being said, I do think the workouts are worth doing (not just previewing) before selling/trading. Some of them are really good. I just modify around the crazier stuff.

Tags
p90x2