Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-12, 03:39 PM  
moonbeam31

The Method TV show?

I have recently purchased some of the older-The New Method 20/20 workouts from Mary's Easter sale. On the back cover it says these were taken from the Method TV show? Where and wehn were these aired? Were they a local show or were they on a sports or fitness channel back in the late 90's and early 2000's? Just wondering if anyone knew about this. Thanks,
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 04:52 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I remember seeing a few of them, but I don't remember the channel. It may have been an exercise cable channel. I do remember seeing some of the same footage on Method tapes that I later bought.

One thing I didn't see was footage from Method Precision Pilates which is a Method dvd that I still have and use.
Old 04-12-12, 12:46 AM  
ramonam

I remember doing The Method when I lived in Manhattan 99-01. I would put on my make-up during the commercial break and just have to put on my clothes when it was done to leave for work.

It showed on the same channel as Yoga Zone (I'd do that, too, sometimes). For the life of me, I can't remember what channel, though! We did have cable and I don't think it was on PBS, which means probably an exercise channel.
ramonam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 12:50 AM  
ramonam

Okay, I dug a little and found the following on Tracey Mallett's CV

"Tracey became the popular Co-Host of “The Method Show” on Fox Fit TV"

So, looks like it was Fox's FitTV.
ramonam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 09:04 AM  
moonbeam31

Thanks for the info! I never had that channel back then-I would have liked it, I bet!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 09:08 AM  
sherry7899

I don't think we had that channel either, but I wasn't exercising yet at that time.

Which channel was it that had the "twenty minute workout" with episodes by Petra Kolber, Gin Miller, Tamilee etc? I recorded some when they were on Fit TV, and a sweet VF'er gave me a few tapes, but it looks like they were originally shown on another channel first.

My sister used to get Yoga Zone episodes on Channel 8 on Comcast, but I forget the name of the channel. She taped a bunch for me. (so did a VF friend).

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the method, tv fitness programs