Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-11, 10:11 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssa438 View Post
I found POP Pilates on Youtube earlier this summer and downloaded all her videos using Freemake Video Downloader. I have burned them to dvd's based on body focus...there are also some total body videos as well as some that she did for ediets as well. I usually start with a 10 minute video and always end up doing more. I love the music and some of her workouts are really tough- she's very strong!
Great cues and enthusiasm, and she is well organized in the workouts too. It's a fabulous find!
i would love to download some of these but only have an apple. what could i use. i prefer to have something in mp4 format
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 10:21 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
i would love to download some of these but only have an apple. what could i use. i prefer to have something in mp4 format

If you download the free RealPlayer software (http://www.real.com/), there is an option to convert files to an mp4 format - super easy!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 10:26 AM  
creatrix

Thanks for posting this! I found and enjoyed her vids during my pilates kick last year, but had forgotten about them.
creatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 10:27 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
If you download the free RealPlayer software (http://www.real.com/), there is an option to convert files to an mp4 format - super easy!
But how do you download them in the first place on an apple.... that video downloader is for a windows box. Does RealPlayer convert only, or does it download?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:04 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
But how do you download them in the first place on an apple.... that video downloader is for a windows box. Does RealPlayer convert only, or does it download?
Oh, sorry. I didn't realize RP does not work on an Apple. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in with some ideas...
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:20 PM  
hotncmom

Fuzzie, thanks for recommending! I love these. I've been downloading like crazy . These are so easy to use as add-ons to my yoga workouts.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:36 PM  
daisysunshine

crap. I used to have a mac.... you'll want to google. FLV FREE converters. there was this one that's really good - but I can't remember the name (i only had it for a week and then my computer died on me).

real player can do it but you might be out of sync

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 04:29 PM  
nadir

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Oh, sorry. I didn't realize RP does not work on an Apple. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in with some ideas...
If you are using Firefox as a browser, you can install an extension called Download Helper
http://www.downloadhelper.net/ But first of all make sure that you are using Firefox not Safari or Chrome. You can download Firefox here: http://www.firefox.com.

Firefox is cross-platform so Windows users can run it too ;-)
nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 07:56 PM  
ssa438
VF Supporter

You Can Use FreeMake for MP4's too

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Hi there- I use Freemake to download the videos in the MP4 format, which I both transfer to my ipod touch and make DVDs for some too.
Freemake is free, you can download it here: http://www.freemake.com/

It's pretty simple too, you just go to the video that you want to copy on YouTube, copy the URL, and then paste it into Freemake. It then gives you the option to save in different formats; I always choose MP4.

Good luck!
ssa438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 08:02 PM  
hotncmom

I use Freemake too. Choose MP4 format and on my PC it plays in Windows Media Player.

Love, love, love all these free or downloadable workouts! My hard drive is filling up with Ballet Body, Sadie Nardini, and now POP Pilates. Awesome to use on vacations too! I took my laptop to the beach with just a yoga mat and 2 lb. weights and I was good to go!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blogilates, cassey ho, free workouts, pilates, pop pilates, standing pilates, youtube