Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-11, 05:14 PM  
enduranceron

Well, considering the outrageous (imo) prices of these and how much I use mine, I'd hold out and not pay over $40 for one (and that one would have to be brand new). You can find older ones on ebay for $10 and if you are patient (haha - a vidiot being patient). There is even one on ebay now starting a $.99.

Put a post on craigslist or Freecycle saying you are looking for one. Keep checking thrift stores and ebay and you'll find one. Not worth the big money, imo.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:01 PM  
F1mom

I don't have the slide but I have a pair of legwarmers, a scrunchie and an old can of L'Oreal Mousse. Oh, come to think of it I think I have an old tube of L'Oreal's Sea Lily lipstick in the bottom of my Ciao tote bag.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:06 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I don't have the slide but I have a pair of legwarmers, a scrunchie and an old can of L'Oreal Mousse. Oh, come to think of it I think I have an old tube of L'Oreal's Sea Lily lipstick in the bottom of my Ciao tote bag.
No, not the electric slide. Geez, you are dating me that I know all that stuff, and you are way younger than I am.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:15 PM  
shortie

Three words:

Members. Only. Jacket.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:16 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I would buy the Beyond Barre DVD if they make one. I cannot believe they want $249 for the slide ! I recall that the Reebok slide was about $60. I went through a slide phase years back, and bought every slide tape I could find. I need to dig them out.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:58 PM  
fitgirl-atx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dironstarr View Post
That's one I've been looking for for long time but have never seen it. Do you still have it fitgirl?
I will have to check..I am pretty sure that I sold it when I sold the slide

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 10:19 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I think I have CIA 7002 and Christi Taylor has a slide segment on that? Right?
DHKWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 10:40 PM  
Castella

I wanted a slide SO MUCH when they first came out! I thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Thrift shopping, heck all shopping, is mega competitive where I live. Or there are too many vf types around. We all end up in the fitness aisle at Target glaring alternately at each other and at the shelves STILL LACKING the 4-pack Iron Core dealio.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 11:29 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
No, not the electric slide. Geez, you are dating me that I know all that stuff, and you are way younger than I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
Three words:

Members. Only. Jacket.
Oh my, I am laughing SO hard and out loud! I still have a flowered leotard with knee length tights to wear under it. NO matching scrunchie as I have always had short hair. No legwarmers because I lived in Florida then and well, even fashion wouldnt have gotten me into them in hot humid weather. Unfortunately I am 70# more than when the leotard fit well...so will NOT be getting that out with my slide!

I always wore tennis shoes with the booties over them. I think it might hurt your feet to hit the bumpers. I saw the girls on the barre/slide wearing ballet shoe type things, but they are not getting up as much steam as you get with 6 feet of slide!!

I can tell I am going to be rooting thru the furnace room to get that sucker out. Unfortunately there is not enough room to hang it per upthread suggestion.

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 07:46 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHKWriter View Post
I think I have CIA 7002 and Christi Taylor has a slide segment on that? Right?
Yes. There is also slide on 5004, and that is Christi, too. Heather also did two CIA slide videos (that I knew of: the DVD was something new to me).
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide board