Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-10, 03:22 PM  
jenn38

Seasun's Stepping Up Workout

Any tips on how to learn this workout? Has anyone mastered this workout?

So far I have done it twice. Once in its entirety, scratching my head. And again today focusing on combo's one and two. This is has to be the hardest step workout I have ever tackled. I love the music, love her personality, love the core work, but damn those combos are tricky. She is all over the place with direction changes, she does move where it looks like one foot never leaves the step and she doesn't give a lot of breakdown if any.
Old 10-11-10, 03:27 PM  
mj476

I agree. This is also the hardest step workout I own as well. I do lots of complex choreography and I haven't mastered this one yet although I have gotten better. I would just concentrate on one combo at a time maybe just doing it as an add-on after your regular workout. I really love this music in this one too.

I have Seasun's other workouts: Straight Up Step, Rock Steady Step and The Next Step and I've been able to manage those but I think Stepping Up is harder because she has a lot less breakdown. She's great at cueing but the lack of breakdown really makes this one a lot tougher than the rest.

Marcy
Old 10-11-10, 03:32 PM  
jenn38

Thank you Marcy. I love complex step also.
Old 10-11-10, 04:14 PM  
mtnmom

I was glad she included premixes for combos 1-2 and another for combos 2-3. I probably did the combos 1-2 premix 3 times before moving on to the other premix.
Old 10-11-10, 04:24 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I love, love, love this workout. It's my favorite CIA step workout - with Tap less Step More coming in a close second. I agree with Marcy and mtnmom about learning one or two combos at a time. The first couple of times through a combo, I literally workout with with my remote in my hand to rewind and repeat sections as necessary. On especially complex steps, I don't hesitate to pause the DVD and do the step myself in slo-mo until I get it. Your heart rate will drop while in the learning process, but you'll make up for it later when you're flying through the combos!
Old 10-12-10, 09:44 AM  
neatski

Interesting, I was fine the first time through. I got 70-80% of the choreo on the first try. I LOVE Seasun's workouts! The choreography makes them so much fun! But Amy Bento's step workouts leave me dizzy- I can't even get through the first combo of ASC II. I wonder if it's just a difference in the cuing?

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 10:17 AM  
Pascal

I own this workout. I've watched it several times and it looks so fun (love the music, love Seasun's demeanor, etc.), but it scares me too much to even attempt it.

I have yet to master her The Next Step. Straight Up Step was fine and Rock Steady Step took me a little while, but The Next Step is giving me a bit of a challenge, so I can't imagine what Stepping Up will do to me!!

One thing that gives me hope, however, is that once I get 'familiar' with a particular instructor's cuing and step style, I seem to catch on quicker. It took me forever to learn Amy's ASC and ASC2, but once I was used to her step style, ASC3 and ASC4 were much easier to learn. I'm *hoping* this will be the case with Seasun, too!

(I really like Seasun and know I will like Stepping Up, I'm just too chicken to try it just yet!)
Old 10-12-10, 10:21 AM  
lorajc

I struggle with Amy's step. Have learned Seasun's Straight Up Step and only a segment of Rock Steady. The Next Step is over my head, so I have not even viewed the latest one from CIA.....and I'm also afraid to try it!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 10:33 AM  
mj476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
One thing that gives me hope, however, is that once I get 'familiar' with a particular instructor's cuing and step style, I seem to catch on quicker. It took me forever to learn Amy's ASC and ASC2, but once I was used to her step style, ASC3 and ASC4 were much easier to learn. I'm *hoping* this will be the case with Seasun, too!

(I really like Seasun and know I will like Stepping Up, I'm just too chicken to try it just yet!)
Pascal - If you can get ASC2, I'm sure you will eventually learn Stepping Up. I happen to think Seasun cues much better than Amy but as I said upthread, Seasun does very little breakdown in Stepping Up so it makes it harder to learn but it can be done.

Marcy
Old 10-12-10, 03:41 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
Pascal - If you can get ASC2, I'm sure you will eventually learn Stepping Up. I happen to think Seasun cues much better than Amy but as I said upthread, Seasun does very little breakdown in Stepping Up so it makes it harder to learn but it can be done.

Marcy
Phew, Marcy - this gives me hope! ASC2 is my favorite of Amy's step workouts so I am so glad I took the time to learn it. I suspect Stepping Up will be my favorite of Seasun's - I just need to work up the courage to try it!

But thanks for your vote of confidence!

Tags
learning choreography, seasun zieger