Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-09, 02:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
Does anyone have a good pilates DVD they would recommend for lower body work? I can't do CF thighs and glutes because of my knee injury. I need a workout that does not involve you spending a lot of time on all 4s, and does not have squats/lunges/plies.
I don't know if this is considered a "good pilates" dvd, but I really like Winsor Bun & Thigh (I have the first one, without the band). I like it. It's all side-lying leg work/butt work, nothing on your knees. It's under 20 minutes long and it FLIES by.

It's no longer in production, but it comes up on ebay and I think a few ladies here have it up for trade.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 03:50 PM  
intelsana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates has a really good, intense side lying leg series (no squats, lunges, plies).

Marcy
Thanks Marcy! I have been eyeing that workout for a while...all the more reason to buy it!
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 04:36 PM  
LauraBella

I really like winsor bun and thigh! I love the one with the band!
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 04:57 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Supreme pilates in my book is most effective when done correctly, but since you don't have access to it...I LOVE MTV pilates mix; it's a a little gem.
I second Cowgirl.

Also, Hillary Burnet's intermediate is awesome.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 07:51 PM  
LauraBella

Question,...what exactly IS Supreme Pilates? There is equipment involved with that one, yes?

O, and WHY does safari seem to thing that pilates and cardio are MISPELLED??? Is my computer "unhealthy?"
Old 11-18-09, 08:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

It probably wants you to spell pilates Pilates. And cardio isn't (or wasn't) an actual word, it's a prefix.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 08:57 PM  
LauraBella

Pilates. Nope, get's flagged even with the caps. But, the cardio explanation makes sense.
Old 11-27-09, 08:29 PM  
desertMermaid

Question Question - Pilates recommendation?

I've been eyeing a DVD by Bernadette Giorgi it's called pilates power ball sculpt. I've never tried a Bernadette Giorgi workout. So I was wondering if anyone has done this workout and if they would recommend it. How about in comparison to the Jules Benson Pilates DVD? The other one I've been eyeing is the 10 minute solutions Quick Sculpt Pilates w/ Andrea Leigh Rogers. Of the three which is the favorite amoung VFers? And an off topic question - has anyone heard anything about the Xtend workout DVD?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 06:22 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
I've been eyeing a DVD by Bernadette Giorgi it's called pilates power ball sculpt. I've never tried a Bernadette Giorgi workout. So I was wondering if anyone has done this workout and if they would recommend it. How about in comparison to the Jules Benson Pilates DVD? The other one I've been eyeing is the 10 minute solutions Quick Sculpt Pilates w/ Andrea Leigh Rogers. Of the three which is the favorite amoung VFers? And an off topic question - has anyone heard anything about the Xtend workout DVD?
There have been some good reviews of the newest Bernadette workout. I could have sworn Red Panda wrote a review, but I can't find any. Anyway, I adore Jules, and think her take on pilates is just fantastic for both pilates lovers and those who aren't so fond of pilates. I also really enjoy the 10 MS Pilates Quick Sculpt with Andrea. Here's a review I wrote on this one. HTH! I would recommend the workout with Andrea as the one (of the three) that will appeal most to both barre and pilates lovers. HTH!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite pilates dvds, jules benson, pilates, pilates ball, pilates band, standing pilates