Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-09, 08:06 PM  
LauraBella

Yay, Mari's workout is won! Hoorah ebay. Only 4 bucks AFTER shipping.
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 01:21 AM  
ilovemybirds

LauraBella, Pilates for Pink Core Challenge was pretty good. The only section I didn't care for was the upper body section. She had you do it without weights, and in spite of working hard to provide resistance for the exercises, I didn't feel it all that much. However, I did the UB section a second time after I had finished the dvd, and I used three pound dumbbells. I liked the workout much better this way. The LB section was a good butt burner, and the abs sections had some tough moves, so all in all, I'm glad I bought it.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 09:39 AM  
Arielle96

My favorites are:

Winsor Power Buns & Thighs Workout - the one with the band
Anna Caban's Pilates Core Challenge
Sarah Picot More than Mat Advanced Workout
and
Classics Pilates Technique with Peter Fiasca. These are very advanced. Love the Magic Circle Mat and the Classic Mat ones. These have chapters from Beginner to Very Advanced.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 07:40 PM  
LauraBella

I'm actually absolutely in love with my Winsor Buns and Thighs with band workout. I've had it for barely a week and I've done it FIVE times! I was really delightfully surprised with this one; I don't always click with band work and I didn't adore Mari's original infomercial set. But, now I'm hooked.
Old 11-07-09, 08:28 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post
I'm actually absolutely in love with my Winsor Buns and Thighs with band workout. I've had it for barely a week and I've done it FIVE times! I was really delightfully surprised with this one; I don't always click with band work and I didn't adore Mari's original infomercial set. But, now I'm hooked.
I JUST got the one without the band--don't tell me I'm gonna have to start stalking this one now also!!!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-09, 09:28 PM  
LauraBella

Um....

Really, I managed to avoid interest in Mari's stuff for quite some time...and now I'm hooked. I'm doing Power Sculpting with Resistance tonight for the first time--will let you know if I like it as much.
I haven't tried the one without the band yet, so I can't offer any comparison. Someone suggested a trade of that one, but it's still pending and unconfirmed. Hopefully, it will happen, and then I can compare.
I also have that Mari advanced body sculpting with resistance on it's way (my $4 win, lol) and another one I nabbed on ebay for little-of-nothing.

If you DO have to start stalking this one, it should be easier to find than the one without the band.

Blessings,
Laura
Old 11-07-09, 10:34 PM  
LauraBella

Ok, Power Sculpting with resistance is NOT a must have. Would be a nice intro to pilates, probably, and I think that's it's purpose anyway. Not even half the lower body moves, and fewer reps. Fewer moves "make sense with the band" than in the lower body one. Way short, but I DID really like the footwork portion with the band. That felt different.

So, yes to stalking the lower body one (I think...can't compare it to the bandless one). No to stalking the shorter full body one.
Old 11-08-09, 09:32 AM  
pfhanna

How about Element Slim and Tone Pilates? I did not read thru all these thread so I hope I didn't miss anything on this one?? It looks as if it is core work but it looks good. Any comments on this one?? Thanks much, Pam.
Old 11-08-09, 10:42 AM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

I've not tried a lot of pilates workouts but I do believe, as others have said, if the form is done correctly - almost dvd or book of exercises will be effective.

For me, my favourite and most tough dvd is "Romana's Pilates - Ultimate Challenge Mat Workout". Aesthetically, I know there are more attractive and user-friendly workouts on the market, but I like the flow of the exercises and find them very effective. It's a time-efficient routine.
TuesdayTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 02:27 PM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
How about Element Slim and Tone Pilates? I did not read thru all these thread so I hope I didn't miss anything on this one?? It looks as if it is core work but it looks good. Any comments on this one?? Thanks much, Pam.
I'm actually very curious about this one. Collage seems to have it rated more advanced than many others (I think it's Int/Adv). Can't find a lot of comments on it yet, though.

Tags
favorite pilates dvds, jules benson, pilates, pilates ball, pilates band, standing pilates