Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-09, 09:23 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
If you want a good pilates workout that uses a weighted ball I recommend Bernadette Giorigi's pilates power ball sculpt. it's one tough workout!
What she said!
Old 08-10-09, 10:17 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
If you want a good pilates workout that uses a weighted ball I recommend Bernadette Giorigi's pilates power ball sculpt. it's one tough workout!
What weight does Bernadette use? I have two 3-lb. weighted balls that I use for a variety of things, and I'd be interested in this workout if I can use one of the 3-lb. balls for it!

Thanks!
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 10:41 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastblvd View Post
What weight does Bernadette use? I have two 3-lb. weighted balls that I use for a variety of things, and I'd be interested in this workout if I can use one of the 3-lb. balls for it!

Thanks!
She doesn't say, and it's not specified on the cover (which is annoying). Collage says: "Requires a 2 to 5 lb. handheld ball". I use a 1kg (2.2 pound) Pilates ball and that's plenty!
Old 08-10-09, 11:07 PM  
daisysunshine

going to have to wait until someone doesn't like this to trade i wish people would start making limited edition (no gadget) items. but i like this. i love standing pilates.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 11:23 PM  
KathAL79

Just chiming in on the ball, weighted or not, making a difference. I find that with the Pilates ring, which weights very little, the effort and focus needed to keep it in its place forces me to engage my powerhouse just that much deeper. A simple inflated ball would have a similar effect; in fact, Lara Hudson uses the stability ball in this way for a few exercises on 10 MS Pilates on the Ball. I've used a weighted ball (3 lbs.) in one Pilates video before, and it was tough! I'd actually consider dropping down to 2 lbs. if I were to use a weighted ball for Pilates regularly and work my way up to that 3 lbs.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 06:25 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
going to have to wait until someone doesn't like this to trade i wish people would start making limited edition (no gadget) items. but i like this. i love standing pilates.
Why? IMO the kit isn't expensive, and because the ball is lightweight, it doesn't cost much to ship.

I thought about doing the workout with one of my regular Pilates balls, but it wouldn't work for all the exercises, because the ball used in the workout is considerably bigger.
Old 08-11-09, 07:58 AM  
daisysunshine

RedPanda - well, i mean in general really. and for me (right now) the price is v. expensive lol

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 08:18 AM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Just chiming in on the ball, weighted or not, making a difference. I find that with the Pilates ring, which weights very little, the effort and focus needed to keep it in its place forces me to engage my powerhouse just that much deeper. A simple inflated ball would have a similar effect; in fact, Lara Hudson uses the stability ball in this way for a few exercises on 10 MS Pilates on the Ball. I've used a weighted ball (3 lbs.) in one Pilates video before, and it was tough! I'd actually consider dropping down to 2 lbs. if I were to use a weighted ball for Pilates regularly and work my way up to that 3 lbs.
Just to clarify, I didn't mean that ball exercises are easy, I'm sure they're not What I meant is that sometimes ball moves look very original and different from non-ball ones (you couldn't do them without the ball at all) and here the ball seems to be added to more standard exercises without changing their form much.

As you may guess I'm just trying to talk myself out of getting this one I know there is a new Element Pilates dvd coming up so I'll wait and see!
herya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 08:22 AM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
What I meant is that sometimes ball moves look very original and different from non-ball ones (you couldn't do them without the ball at all) and here the ball seems to be added to more standard exercises without changing their form much.
Ah, but that's where the ball or ring or whatever piece of equipment can be most effective by adding new life to the same ol' same ol'.
But you should get the new Element Pilates instead because we need someone to report back on that one.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 08:11 PM  
Richie

Where do you click to see the clip at collage? I just get a "coming soon" notice?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, andrea leigh rogers, ball, mini ball, pilates, pilates ball, pilates mini ball, quick sculpt pilates, stomach, stomach tension