Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-20, 04:38 PM  
Mickey12

Ok, I'm back to report on Michelle Dozois' More Cardio Interval Burn. Kittybug you are so right about how much fun this is and how the moves fit the music so well. What I liked a lot about it was that she seemed to mix in old school aerobic moves with kickboxing moves and it was just so stinking fun!! The turn around bounces, the rhythm changes, everything so completely synced to the music! Really, really great choreography I found it really hard aerobically and only marched in place during the peaks though. Yikes, burpies into tuck jumps?!? Great stuff!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 05:24 PM  
horusosiris

Mickey and Kittybug- yes, Cardio Interval Burn is a good workout

KateTT, Bee and Kittybug- Great job on the gains yiu have noticed

Sue-hopefully today was a better day for you. How was your daughter's birthday celebration?

Bee-keep your head up! Better days are ahead even if we do not see it now.

Manleym- kettlebell workouts can be quite tough especially if you have not done any in a while. Who is your favorite kettlebell instructor?

Today was shoulder day so I did STS Disc 19 the shoulder portion only. After that I did KCM Cardio Sculpt Overload. This workout was quickly added to my list of favorite KCM workouts. I like the way it is structured.

DH wanted to do some yoga this afternoon and asked me to join him so we did Travis' Flexibility and Beyond - Foundations. Travis is my favorite yoga instructor.

Everyone enjoy your evening and Friday.

I am feeling ever so thankful and grateful.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 05:50 PM  
manleym

Horusosiris I ALMOST did KCM Cardio Sculpt Overload yesterday! It was between that and Build & Burn.

I have to admit that while I have a lot of kettlebell dvds from a variety of instructors (Lauren Brooks, Steve Cotter, Paul Katami, Sarah Laurie...) I have not ventured out very much beyond KCM. I used to do her Slimsculpting and Strength & Staminia alot, but haven't in awhile since doing more Cathe.

I need to check out Travis' Flexibility and Beyond Foundations. Is that part of a set or a seperate workout? I did a 5 Parks Yoga stretch after High Reps. Felt good.

Mickey, Kittybug, KateTT, Bee, Sue, Fanofladyvols big waves and hugs! I hope you are all having a good day!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:12 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Horusosiris I ALMOST did KCM Cardio Sculpt Overload yesterday! It was between that and Build & Burn.

I have to admit that while I have a lot of kettlebell dvds from a variety of instructors (Lauren Brooks, Steve Cotter, Paul Katami, Sarah Laurie...) I have not ventured out very much beyond KCM. I used to do her Slimsculpting and Strength & Staminia alot, but haven't in awhile since doing more Cathe.

I need to check out Travis' Flexibility and Beyond Foundations. Is that part of a set or a seperate workout? I did a 5 Parks Yoga stretch after High Reps. Felt good.
Manleym- Cathe's High Reps is a killer. For me it is an newer Muscle Endurance workout. Both are excellent endurance workouts. Flexibility and Beyond is a series of practices. Foundations is one of the practices in the set.

My favorite kettlebell instructors are Anthony DiLuglio and Skogg.
Old 04-09-20, 06:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi fierce gals!

UG, have to keep this short...I had a GREAT workout today with Lower Body Blast's 76-minute premix. I upped my weights on absolutely everything because last week I wasn't feeling things like I usually do...and boy, that did the trick, but it also made me realize just how much stronger I'm feeling! Thank you, Cathe!! Thank you fierce friends for keeping me going!

And then after that my mood quickly was deflated by something C-virus related affecting my husband and I directly....aaand so then my mood took a steep tumble and was quickly replaced with huge anxiety. Not how I wanted to end the day!

I'll try to write more tomorrow...hang in there everyone, hugs all the way around!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:45 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Brief drive by. My oldest son ended up in the hospital early this morning with shortness of breath. He had some fluid on his lungs but he also has some heart issues and it could have been from that. Not pneumonia. Covid test is not back yet so he has to stay in the hospital until we find out. I can't go see him as the hospital does not allow any visitors. But he's doing better.

My workout today was Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster. Fun but I didn't like it quite as much because some of the choreo messed me up. But still dang high energy. I needed that after hearing from my son.

Waves to all. I'll try to check in more later.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:53 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Brief drive by. My oldest son ended up in the hospital early this morning with shortness of breath. He had some fluid on his lungs but he also has some heart issues and it could have been from that. Not pneumonia. Covid test is not back yet so he has to stay in the hospital until we find out. I can't go see him as the hospital does not allow any visitors. But he's doing better.

I am sending hugs your way. I hope for the best for your son and your family.
Old 04-09-20, 06:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

My workout today was Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster. Fun but I didn't like it quite as much because some of the choreo messed me up. But still dang high energy. I needed that after hearing from my son.

Waves to all. I'll try to check in more later.
Oh, NO, KateTT! I'm so sorry...you must be beside yourself with worry. Sending hugs to you and your son and please keep us posted on how he's doing!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 08:38 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kate, sending hugs and prayers your way for your son's quick recovery. Please keep us posted. Good you were able to get a workout in as a distraction and stress release. Have you done all of the Peak 10 cardio burns? Which is your favorite?

kittybug, sending hugs and prayers your way too for your bad news. Be safe!

Sue and Bee, hope you are doing better. The virus and its repercussions have sure been tough to handle. {{hugs}}

Kim and kittybug, I think More Cardio Interval Burn is probably the most fun, and Cardio Interval Burn Remix is the toughest of the Peak 10 Cardios. What do you guys think?

Linda, I enjoyed your story! It's nice to smile for a change.

horusosiris, I really need to pick and choose from the STS discs when I reach them in my oldest-to-newest Cathe sorta rotation. This might suit me better than thinking I will actually do the whole STS rotation. I can't see that happening.

manleym, I really need to revisit that kettlebell workout of Kelly's. I liked it and it definitely hit the muscles in a different way.

As I am revisiting the older Cathes I can tell that I am leaner and more fit cardiovascular-wise than when I did them back in the day. I attribute this partly to focusing more on weight training than I did previously. It's really made a difference in my physique.

That said, I did Body Max (the original, circa 1998), and it was 90 minutes of tough work! The crop tops they wore actually seem to have come back in style and not a thong leotard to be found! I did skip the ab section since I won't do 1000 crunches for anyone these days. Ugh. This was sure challenging and not dated at all, at least it didn't seem so to me.

Waving to all! Keep safe!!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 09:52 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Oh, NO, KateTT! I'm so sorry...you must be beside yourself with worry. Sending hugs to you and your son and please keep us posted on how he's doing!
Kate...Wishing your son a quick recovery! Must be so difficult not to be at the bedside...keep us posted.

Haven't checked in since the weekend. I did few a chair cardios and non-weightbearing floor/core work during the week.

Today I was so excited to see 2 Live Kickboxing Workouts....I needed my dose of Cathe. So I did the 8 am and 10 am Lives. I wore weighted gloves and was able to modify the jumping jacks, runs, etc. while seated. Got my heart rate up nicely.

School is officially closed in PA...My daughter misses her friends but not school...haha. She is an only child so I feel bad that she has to spend nonstop days with just her mom...But I love all the quality time! Before I know it, she will be off to college. Hope everyone is doing ok! and for those who celebrate Easter...wishing you a blessed day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in