Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-15, 06:56 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Jeannine - I'm still pretty tempted by this sale, but I'm trying to talk myself down as I have so much already - but these look like fun and low dread routines. Random thought: Kathy's legs are amazingly long in these!! (I wonder how tall she is - she looks like she is tall anyway!)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Kathy has amazing legs. She is also an advanced yogini, I think she nails the poses as well as Shiva Rea. Kathy works hard at staying fit, but she also has some enviable genetic gifts!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

I really like Kathy's yoga - I have two on VHS - her "intermediate" and "advanced" - I should probably upgrade those to DVD! I would like to get her "beginner" yoga also (or maybe that is one on the DVD??)

Will have to mull this sale over......

Donna
Old 06-19-15, 09:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I really like Kathy's yoga - I have two on VHS - her "intermediate" and "advanced" - I should probably upgrade those to DVD! I would like to get her "beginner" yoga also (or maybe that is one on the DVD??)

Donna
Her Yoga Sculpt DVD has New Yoga Basics, New Yoga Challenge, and Functionally Fit Lower Body Toning all on one disc. I love it! If I'm not mistaken (it's been a while) this is the DVD in which young Rod Stryker teaches with Kathy, so the eye and ear candy are additional bonuses.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 10:21 AM  
donnamp

thanks, Pat - I may have to cave on this one. I like the looks of the rejuvenation workouts to do after a walk. And the Yoga DVD has been on my wish list for awhile.

Donna
Old 06-19-15, 10:40 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Her Yoga Sculpt DVD has New Yoga Basics, New Yoga Challenge, and Functionally Fit Lower Body Toning all on one disc. I love it! If I'm not mistaken (it's been a while) this is the DVD in which young Rod Stryker teaches with Kathy, so the eye and ear candy are additional bonuses.
regarding Kathy's 3 yoga workouts that were originally released on VHS with Rod, only the 1st one is not on a compilation DVD (they're available as separate DVDs, and a 3-disc set called "Ultimate Yoga" was released).

you might want to read some threads regarding Kathy's yoga workouts below (they include discussions about the 3 yoga workouts, and more):

pleasant surprise - Moving Through Menopause ~ Kathy Smith

Is Kathy Smith's Yoga Sculpt worth getting?

the second link above contains this post i wrote, and the answer from Carouge:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
for people who are familiar with all 3 of Kathy's yoga workouts, and who got the Yoga Sculpt disc, does it indeed come with these workouts:

New Yoga Basics
New Yoga Challenge
Funtionally Fit Lower Body Firming

i ask since there was a discrepancy in the title where Amazon and Collage are incorrectly calling the "New Yoga Basics" as "New Yoga" which is the intermediate workout. i guess i should post this question at the collage forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carouge View Post
Hi,

I got this DVD from DDD and just finished previewing it. To my (pleasant) surprise, the program on the DVD is NOT the beginner New Yoga Basics, as is incorrectly printed on the box (and on Goldhil's website) but the original New Yoga - the one with Sex and the City's Kristin Davis as background exerciser; a workout that is accessible for beginners, but suitable for people with some experience too (it has a nice balancing pose section). The DVD menu is correctly labeled. Someone at Goldhil really messed up. Hope this helps.

Fran

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 11:36 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for the info, Jeannine - I think I now need the Bommers DVD as well! EEK!

Donna

Tags
gaiam, kathy smith, kathy smith yoga, rejuvenation, repackaged workouts, resistance band workouts