Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-14, 03:27 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Can someone tell me how the foam roller DVD is in this set? Does it give good stretches to do on the roller? Thanks! Linda
The P90X2 foam roller dvd (Recovery and Mobility)is basically people just foam rolling what "they" need. Its not much instruction like, this is how you foam roll hamstrings. Tony even mentions how one background guy was showing a new way to foam roll his shins. Tony does show some ways to use the Rumber roller and cracks me up with his painful expressions. One person uses a towel but they don't always show him. I was happy that Tony uses the foam roller in P90X2 but its more of Tony saying, ok you have so many minutes to foam roll this part of your leg..whatever is you need for your body. I like the workout but I usually just do my own thing with the foam roller. I hope this answers your question.
Old 03-14-14, 03:42 PM  
Mandy

The only P90X2 DVD I use a lot in rotation with my other Cathe DVD's is X2 Shoulders & Arms. I LOVE it! I love how it uses the stability ball for a bench. I love the functional shoulder work. Its 3 giant sets working shoulders,biceps and triceps. Tony is hilarious with his rapport with his buddy and singer of 10 minute Trainer,"Jason" and time just flies by. Jason uses the band and I may do it all with the band when I go on vacation(If that ever happens..lol). The only thing I didn't understand is why he keeps calling Monica, "Holly". Then I figured it out. She looks like Holly from Playboy Girls Next Door reality tv show. Common' Tony, I don't want to have to think about that when i'm working out. Thankfully, there is a cue only option. My triceps are sore for 2 days after this workout. Its non dread-fun-Tony workout. I love it when tony starts speaking in a British accent when he is burning. He also does a lot of the workout more on the 2nd and 3rd rounds so it feels like he is working out more with me than training the background people. The way I make it shorter is do a shorter Cathe warmup.

here is a VF review
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4083

Tags
p90x2