Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-13, 03:09 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Post The Method?

I was reading an "AngryTrainer"s article (I love his articles and sense of humour), so when I saw on the "suggestion articles" one about TA and her method I had to read it, as I started a new rotation this month and I adding her Precision Toning as a finisher (a segment at a time, depending on the focus of the workout I did before), I wanted to know what he has to say about her "method"!

TESTING THE TRAINERS: THE TRACY ANDERSON METHOD

Quote:
Tracy claims she can take any woman’s body and transform it into a tiny, dancers physique. I must tell you, in my opinion that is completely impossible, unless of course she has devised a time travel technique to go back in time and change who your parents are. Sorry, but your genes are what you’ve been given, and while they can always be substantially improved upon, there’s more chance of me transforming Tracy’s body into an NFL linebacker’s build then the claim that she makes.
To read the full article: http://angrytrainerfitness.com/2010/...derson-method/

Infomercial Insanity: Tracy Anderson / Metamorphosis

Quote:
Everything I said in my initial review of Tracy’s Method holds true. But the Metamorphosis infomercial actually made me laugh! Watching this video was like seeing a Saturday Night Live episode. The “Dance Cardio” portion of the program? It’s a joke and in my opinion actually looks silly. Truthfully Tracy looks like an uncoordinated child jumping around. And the exercises that are shown look equally as useless. I found myself saying “what the heck is that”, or “what’s that doing?” when seeing these absurd “exercises”. I watched many of the program’s movements and from a muscular balance point of view they made me cringe. There’s tons of hip flexor and front shoulder work and body positioning that I think compromises form and exercise integrity and other exercises that in my view simply do NOTHING.
From a commenter:

Quote:
After completing Metamorphosis last summer I am still dealing with low back, sacroiliac joint, and inguinal ligament damage from her Method & it really sucks. If you like her method please don’t fall prey to her prescription of doing only her method & at least mix it up with traditional exercise to keep your primary muscle strong & balanced and less likely to get injured. Not using more than 3 lbs is just a JOKE & so is her diet advice. Some real life credentials would serve Tracy Anderson well!
To read it all:
http://angrytrainerfitness.com/2012/...metamorphosis/

* For the record I don't have nothing against Mrs. Anderson, as I bought a dvd myself to try her Method I was sore the next day after I've done her arms section; I felt kind of silly doing it though, and my partner had a "" face! lol It is interesting seeing his opinion as instructor, but I couldn't help myself but have a good laugh! As, I said before I love her articles and sense of humour!

This one wasn't funny at all:

The dangerous truth behind the Tracy Anderson Method

Quote:
I've got my Gwyneth Paltrow-body...but the Tracy Anderson Method left me so starved I suffered blackouts.
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz2nTtFw6pD

Have a great weekend everyone!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 04:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
TESTING THE TRAINERS: THE TRACY ANDERSON METHOD
To read the full article: [url]http://angrytrainerfitness.com/2010/10/testing-the-trainers-the-tracy-anderson-method/[/url

The dangerous truth behind the Tracy Anderson Method
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz2nTtFw6pD
Those articles are pretty old. Going back to 2010.

Even I'm getting bored with TA bashing!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 05:40 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post

I'm laughing! Say it isn't so!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 08:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Those articles are pretty old. Going back to 2010.

They can be old, but they're new for me.

And btw I'm not tryng to bash anybody (in case one could think so), I just found the articles hilarious. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I'm laughing! Say it isn't so!

Jackie
I'm glad for you! Laughing is good for the health!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angry trainer article, the method, tracy anderson