Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-15-10, 01:23 PM  
HelloKitty88

For Jennifer Kries Fans.

New Jennifer Kries dvd's.

http://ymlp.com/zQuEqs?ref=nf

If this has been posted already sorry. Delete the post.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 01:44 PM  
c4ward

I'm interested!

Thanks for posting! These look great.
c4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 02:01 PM  
MJ525

Just a little FYI I bought level 1 and the description would lead you to believe (at least it did me) that there is a 40 minute workout.
The intro/tutorial is 6 minutes the workout is 22 minutes.
Even the back cover says a runtime of 55 minutes, a mistake was made somwhere.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 02:13 PM  
HelloKitty88

Thanks for the info. I'll not be ordering that one. Somebody needs to email and let them know about the mistake.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 02:58 PM  
Eibhinn

Also, it would appear from clips that all of Jennifer Kries' newer releases (Ballet, Jazz, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Pilates, etc.) have been repackaged workouts from the individual segments on her Hot Body, Cool Mind series. It looks like they took the Vinyasa Yoga practices, none of which are very long, off of the Vol.1, 2, and 3, and packaged them as stand alone DVDs. So I wouldn't recommend buying ANY of her new videos if you already have any of the Hot Body, Cool Mind discs.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-10, 01:37 PM  
goldengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Also, it would appear from clips that all of Jennifer Kries' newer releases (Ballet, Jazz, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Pilates, etc.) have been repackaged workouts from the individual segments on her Hot Body, Cool Mind series. It looks like they took the Vinyasa Yoga practices, none of which are very long, off of the Vol.1, 2, and 3, and packaged them as stand alone DVDs. So I wouldn't recommend buying ANY of her new videos if you already have any of the Hot Body, Cool Mind discs.
Is this true? I thought that the Pilates workout looked the same as the Pilates segment in Hot Body Cool Mind Level 1, but when I asked the question on the collage forum, they said that the workouts, although similar, are not the same.

I was interested in the yoga DVDs also, but the clip for the beginner workout looked the same as Hot Body Cool Mind.

I just received Hot Body Cool Mind Level 2 from Mary. Jennifer has always been a favorite of mine, but now I am reluctant to buy any of her DVDs. I saw on amazon that there will soon be a Pilates Toys DVD. Are these workouts from Waking Energy?
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-10, 04:26 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
My impression was just the opposite. I figured that she had done the longer versions of the Ballet, Jazz, Yin Yoga, etc and then used parts of them in the Hot Body Cool Mind series.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 10:13 AM  
goldengirl

Sophia, thank you.

Diane
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot body cool mind, jennifer kries, yin yoga