Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-20, 03:37 PM  
MelissaR

Program similar to Cathe STS

I decided to revisited Cathe STS this week after a long break since my last time completing the program in 2011 (the break is because I fell in love with kettlebells). I remember I got great results & muscle tone after completing the STS program, however, the workouts are longer than I prefer. Can someone please recommend a workout program that is similar to STS, but shorter? Also, I prefer low impact & no cardio (I have other cardio workouts I can do on other days). Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you provide.

Back to my STS DVDs, I did 2 workouts so far & my 2nd disc was defective. (Not sure how this happened since it was stored in the original case with my other workouts in my living room & other DVDs work fine). So as to not delay the workout, I pulled the tricep & back workout from week 2 & did that one only to find out that it was also defective. Cathe customer support agreed to replace the defective DVDs, so I'm going to push through the program so I can see what other DVDs are damaged. Has this happened to anyone else with their STS DVDs? I'm just curious because I store them with other DVDs that continue to work fine.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 05:28 PM  
horusosiris

Have you considered Beachbody's Body Beast, Cathe-X-Train or P90X3(the strength workouts) Met Rx- 180 or Supreme 90 (a bit fast paced) or Meta Shred Extreme?

I have shortened the workout length in STS by doing this: In meso - one-not doing all of the paired circuits, Mesos two and three - doing only select exercises in the workout.

You can easily select which exercises you want to do and which ones to omit by using the STS Users' Guide.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 05:32 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Awww Melissa sorry to hear that your STS discs stopped working. Is it a different DVD player than what you used last time? I’ve heard of issues with different players sometimes.

If you like heavy lifting, I’d suggest Body Beast from Beachbody. The first phase has 4 workouts that are about 45 - 50 minutes long. The second phase has 5 workouts that are 30 - 40 minutes long. They are splits and not total body workouts like STS. There are a couple of calendars for 90 day rotations - Bulk and Lean.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:05 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Melissa - I haven’t played my DVD’s from STS in an eternity. Suppose I should check them.

I would suggest taking a few moments to look at each DVD spreadsheet and shortening the workouts to suit your taste. That would give you the STS you want without the time commitment.

I am in the same boat regarding time... and Meso 1 always looks like I decided to throw everything into the middle of the room and then I’m too tired to pick it all back up.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 07:00 AM  
MARIKA

Weird, I pulled out STS the other day and the workout I wanted to do would not work either.
Old 04-09-20, 07:19 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Weird, I pulled out STS the other day and the workout I wanted to do would not work either.
Sometimes cleaning the non-functional disc(s) will work.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 02:16 PM  
MARIKA

Thanks! I did the The Chest and back workout the other day and another Plyo one today. Can't believe I forgot about these They are really my fave type of training. I only have 2 sets of them. Was thinking about how lucky anyone was to be able to have purchased the entire system
Old 04-11-20, 07:43 AM  
MelissaR

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll give those other workouts a try. I agree, my living room looks like I used every single piece of equipment when I'ld one & it's a lot to clean up.

I tried cleaning the disc, but when I look at the back of it, it does look funky (different, not smooth & shiny).

I appreciate all the suggestions!
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body beast, cathe sts, similar to sts, sts