Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-17, 07:21 AM  
Sara1000

Smile The Oldest Video You Still Use

Could be the one with the earliest release date or the one you've had the longest

I just found Tamilee's Arms and Abs of Steel in one of my many shoe boxes full of videos. It's on VHS so I know I've had it a long time - wasn't still using it but did the first workout yesterday and thought I should be using it - it fits my current needs perfectly.

As to old ones I've been using regularly - Kathy Smith's Step Workout (repurchased on DVD) and Cathe's Supersets and Push Pull.

All my other oldies are in 8 big shoe boxes on my closet shelf
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 08:00 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Step Reebok:The Workout (1992) is still in my rotation, as is Firm Volume 6 (1989).
Old 07-01-17, 09:08 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

For me, it's: Jane Fonda's Low Impact Aerobics Workout, Joanie Greggains' Super Stomachs, Kathy Smith's Fat burning Workout, & Margaret Richards' Home Improvement--abs section only.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 09:48 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I didn't acquire it until 2007 but for me it's Jane Fonda's Workout with Weights from 1987. I really wish this would be put onto DVD.

As far as the video I have owned the longest, that would have to be Buns of Steel Step 2000 from 1993, which I purchased in 1994 with the purple step at Target. I have two copies of the VHS, have burned it onto a couple of DVDs and will likely put on a hard drive before the burned DVD peters out. I still do this workout too, just did it a few weeks ago. It's not that exciting but it's short and I still enjoy it to this day.

I still have the purple step too, in fact I use it more than my club step, though I like both of them equally and will never get rid of them. I think I figure if I use the club step less it won't wear out as fast. But there is a part of me that would like to purchase another club step before they disappear completely. I don't want to ever be without a step.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 09:51 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

David Swenson's Yoga Short Forms

Karen Voight's Yoga Sculpt

Ganga White and Tracey Rich's Total Yoga series.

I had all of these on VHS before replacing them with DVDs. I still use all of them frequently--just yesterday I did Total Yoga: Water.

All of these came out before 2000 on VHS.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 09:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I still have Jane Fonda's The Challenge workout on VHS although it's been decades since I've done it. I also have The Firm Vol. 1 with Susan Harris (as well as all other classic Firms) on VHS. I think I'm holding on to them for sentimental reasons since I haven't owned VHS player in years.
Old 07-01-17, 10:38 AM  
bubbles76

The oldest ones that I've used consistently are Christi Taylor's Fantastic Four workouts, which I believe came out in the 90's. I didn't acquire them until the 2000's, but they are my most used set. I probably have two extra sets of these, just in case My NEW oldest videos, meaning new to me but still oldest in my collection that I use, would be the Benson Era Firms.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 10:55 AM  
cherimac

Every Christmas I do Joanie Greggains' Holiday Workout 1998). I also use Gin Miller's Ramp workouts from the early 2000s(I think).
Old 07-01-17, 11:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Rodney Yee and Patricia Walden, original AM and PM Yoga. Rodney's original AM Yoga is IMO the perfect short yoga practice.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 11:21 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

this was a tough one, and i'm glad you asked this question. i had to look over an outdated list of my workouts to get some idea of what the answer might be.

at the moment, it is:

Karen Voight Yoga Power aka Yoga Focus, "Yoga Stretch" segment from 2002

the workouts i use at least once/year:

Slim Series Tone It Up 2003
Callanetics 1986
The Firm Maximum Body Sculpting Tracie Long 1998

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charlene prickett, david swenson, low impact high intensity, oldies but goodies, vintage videos