Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-17, 11:45 PM  
Tammie M

Kelley's Olympic Style Workout from LIFT

I did this workout for the first time tonight and have mixed thoughts about it. Has anyone gained results from this one?
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 08:39 PM  
Fitstick

No.. it's one of the few workouts from Kelly that I never liked. Just seems awkward to me.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 10:23 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i'm a big KCM fan (own them all) but i just can't get on board with that workout.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 06:15 PM  
nevertoolate

yes, but Powersculpting is great!

I'm not fond of the Olympic Lifting portion of Kelly's LIFT either, but the Powersculpting section is great. It's more traditional Kelly and a tough, sweaty workout. Others have reviewed it in the review section here:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3549

Don't give up on this DVD until you've tried Powersculpting.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 11:38 PM  
Tammie M

Thanks for the responses. This was a very unusual weight workout. I did Power Sculpting today and I like it. It's more like the other KCM workouts that I have. I will say my legs and glutes were sore from Olympic Lifting. My shoulders were a little sore. I really didn't think it worked my upper body much except for shoulders. And think shoulders were totally overworked. I felt like I did 20 minutes of upright rows.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 08:57 AM  
owltx

I wanted to respond because it appears I am in the minority - I love the Olympic LIFT workout. ( the powersculpting is really awesome too). It works my glutes and hamstrings in a very different manner for me; also, this really works my core, back and front, from those thrusts. Once you get to know it, you can do the quick premix, which is just the combined lifts w/o the practices. I find this a great add-on; this plus the powersculpting is a really nice little workout that hits everything.
Old 01-30-17, 09:43 AM  
bubbles76

I liked L.I.F.T a lot! I only did it with dumbbells though. I bet it feels much different with a barbell.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 09:47 AM  
nckfitheart

I am another one from the minorities who actually loved LIFT.
Looking forward to revisiting it in future.

I am not a KCM addict/fan neither do I dislike her as an instructor. I have few other workouts which just never grew on me!
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 09:57 AM  
marki64

I took this one out from the library awhile back, and though I don't own a barbell, the Olympic workout looked very repetitive and boring. I tried the other Power Sculpting and didn't care for it. Glad I never purchased it. Love her NYC & Weights dvds.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 10:00 AM  
noodles

It hits the glutes so hard as you are so low down with that squat - hurts so good...i don't do it regularly but when i do i know i'll have trouble walking the next day Power sculpt is a good workout as well, good music.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote