Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-16, 06:12 PM  
mtngoat

Cardio Pump just became available on amazon.ca. I had pre-ordered and received it today.

I did the 53-min Premix with boxing and weights. I loved it! What a great workout. (It will only get better as I tweak my weight choices - mostly up, but down in a couple of instances.)

I don't buy many DVDs anymore, but am really glad I bought this one. (OK - I still buy downloads - ICE! )

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 09:33 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Just stopped by to say that today I turned 50 and took a cardio kickboxing class at a local gym (the only one offered early enough for me to get it in before starting work at 7:30). I had zero problems keeping up and I've got to credit KCM and Strength & Stamina in particular since it's been my primary workout since its release. It was awesome to keep up and not be bent over and gasping for air.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 09:52 PM  
sherry7899

Happy Birthday!!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 11:00 PM  
Chomper

Happy birthday, Gibbee! What a great way to celebrate a milestone!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 07:46 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry and Chomper!

The instructor and I used to march in band together in HS and we were in taekwondo together back in the early 2000's. It was awesome to keep up and he even asked me if I have been working out and where. I said, Yes, I workout - at home. He was impressed. I might have to lend him some KCM and Cathe wokrouts to try .

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-23-16, 08:37 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I need to try this workout, maybe I will today. I just bought it based on all the rave reviews on it, I think I will like it too!

Happy Birthday Gibbee!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 09:36 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I tried this yesterday, I liked the weight segment a lot. I will be making a couple modifications though when I do it going forward. There was a back exercise "backsweeps" that I wasn't crazy about, mostly because I don't think I was doing it right. Either I will go lighter next time or do a different exercise. For tricep kickbacks I quickly realized my days with doing those with 8's are long gone. It will be 5's next time.

I tried the boxing part too but didn't last long, it was fun but very fast paced, I had a hard time keeping up. I will try it again but it is unclear how much I will use this section of the workout going forward. Although she does have an interval pump premix, maybe I will test that out.

Overall I am glad that I picked this one up, I think I will use the weight workout quite a bit.
Old 01-24-16, 12:57 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Taramisu: Thanks! It was a great day.

On the back sweeps, I sometimes sub rear delt raises, band pull aparts or some other exercise that suits me better if this or a similar exercise is feeling 'off' for me.

In Strength & Stamina I often do this for the rear pec deck (workout 1) because I want to lift heavy, but my left shoulder blade is giving me trouble (posture related) so I have been subbing traditional dumbbell rows for that exercise and then band pull aparts or band pull downs for the weighted pull downs (workout 2). These similar, but alternative exercises allow me to control my shoulder blade positioning better that way for now. I have week mid-low traps and am working on building them up w/ PT right now. (My overly strong upper traps have been an issue for many, many years.)

Don't be afraid to sub another exercise if it feels better. I figure as long as it is hitting the same muscle groups, it's all good. I do this with Cathe and other instructors, too. Make it work for you.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-25-16, 06:49 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Taramisu: Thanks! It was a great day.

On the back sweeps, I sometimes sub rear delt raises, band pull aparts or some other exercise that suits me better if this or a similar exercise is feeling 'off' for me.

In Strength & Stamina I often do this for the rear pec deck (workout 1) because I want to lift heavy, but my left shoulder blade is giving me trouble (posture related) so I have been subbing traditional dumbbell rows for that exercise and then band pull aparts or band pull downs for the weighted pull downs (workout 2). These similar, but alternative exercises allow me to control my shoulder blade positioning better that way for now. I have week mid-low traps and am working on building them up w/ PT right now. (My overly strong upper traps have been an issue for many, many years.)

Don't be afraid to sub another exercise if it feels better. I figure as long as it is hitting the same muscle groups, it's all good. I do this with Cathe and other instructors, too. Make it work for you.
Yeah, I see myself doing rear delt raises in the future. Or double arm rows, the backsweep exercise didn't quite work for me, that's okay though.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-31-19, 11:41 AM  
alisoncooks

OLD THREAD ALERT!!

This thread is what brought Cardio Pump to my attention. I don't do video cardio, so with a title like Cardio Pump, I probably would have ignored all threads about this DVD. I absolutely LOVE it! It's a near perfect strength workout for me (I follow Marcus and Lauren's mods). I've done it 2x in as many weeks and whew! It makes me feel so strong! (Though I'm not lifting anywhere near Kelly!!)

Thanks to all that recommended this!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio pump, kcm, kcm cardio pump, kcm weights, kelly coffey-meyer, momentum, muscle up, pyramid, weights