Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-14, 09:15 AM  
Vee

For resistance training, I like weights best (NYC and Powersculpt on LIFT are close second.) I like weights because the format is time efficient. I like the standing Ab rests between sets. I don't like creative twists to weight training exercises - I love classic exercises and this is KCM at her classic best. It works the legs a bit less than I typically like to, which is the only minor flaw i see in this otherwise excellent total,body workout. I typically do all the content on this DVD at a stretch - warm up, workout 1 with standing rests, workout 2 with standing rests, cardio rests on their own and the. Floor abs on their own.

For cardio, I like TLC best (followed in no particular order by all her step boxing, the plyo on her cardio blast DVD, 30 minutes Kickbox). I like all the options of TLC. I can't put a reason on it except it just flows so well. I work hard, but with no dread and have so much fun with TLC.

I don't do cardio-weight interval workouts very often so although circuit blast and Bootcamp are fun, I haven't used them much.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 03:10 AM  
suzannaerin

Hands down, TLC. Everyone should have this DVD in her/his collection. Lots of premixes and the two workouts, on their own, are fun and effective. I love the 8-punch combo at the end of the Boxing workout, particularly because of the music she picked for it. I really enjoy Kelly's KB/Boxing workouts because the combos aren't overly complex, so you can hammer and have a blast. She also has a modifier, so the workouts are accessible to all fitness levels.

I have most of KCM's workouts, and I really need to use them more often. Yesterday, I did the cardio/sculpt PM on Circuit Burn and enjoyed it. Love her weight exercises because she puts a different spin on traditional moves that challenge the muscles differently.

I also love the Boxing pm in Trim Down (someone here recommended it). Your arms feel like they are going to fall off when she has you doing never-ending speed bags.

You can tell she puts a lot of thought into her workouts. I like her style a lot, good personality, great teacher, very unaffected. Her choice of backgrounders is great, too, as they seem like real people (in shape but not perfectly-sculpted folks).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 12:18 PM  
3ks

I have all of her workouts. Been buying them since she started with The Shape of Things to Come. I love that one. I also love NYC.

I am presently doing a combination of her 2014 weight loss/strength rotation she posted recently.

Other favorites are Circuit Burn and TLC. I like them because they are fast, fun, efficient and have great moves and music. Time just flies.

AND, I pre-ordered both of her upcoming Kettlebell and Athletic dvds...of course!

Kelly and Joyce Vedral are my most-used dvd instructors.

Kiddy
Old 08-21-14, 12:29 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
For resistance training, I like weights best (NYC and Powersculpt on LIFT are close second.) I like weights because the format is time efficient. I like the standing Ab rests between sets. I don't like creative twists to weight training exercises - I love classic exercises and this is KCM at her classic best. It works the legs a bit less than I typically like to, which is the only minor flaw i see in this otherwise excellent total,body workout. I typically do all the content on this DVD at a stretch - warm up, workout 1 with standing rests, workout 2 with standing rests, cardio rests on their own and the. Floor abs on their own.
ITA. Weights is my very favorite, too. It's one of those workouts I reach for again & again. Other favorites include LIFT's Powersculpt workout, Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit, Shape Up, and Home Gym Intervals (when done to my own music).
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 01:02 PM  
TracyQ

I'm new to KCM and am quickly becoming a huge fan. I'm in with Muscle Up. I especially love the 67-minute full body workout. The bonus abs on this DVD is great. The leg workout is short so it's perfect to do before floor work.

I also have HGI but haven't tried it yet because I plan to use my treadmill for the gym equipment and it's too hot in my house to use the treadmill. I'm saving it for the fall.

After hearing so many great things about Split Sessions I ordered it today. I also preordered her new workouts.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 01:32 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

KCM is a perfect fit for me!

I cannot honestly say what my favorite workout is, although I'm leaning towards Home Gym Intervals (workout #1) for now. There are sooooo many things about her workouts that I adore:
  • They are only 30 minutes long when done as scripted
  • I can do more than 30 minutes with one of her gazillion premixes
  • I can do less than 30 minutes with one of her gazillion premixes
  • She gets me back on track when I have lost my way
  • I love her rotations (with the pretty covers posted) I print them out, follow them and "X" off the days I've done in permanent marker
  • She has modifiers and doesn't make me feel like a big blob for modifying
  • She is ALWAYS encouraging and when I'm about ready to give up (or die - and we know I won't do that!) she says just the right thing to keep me going
  • I see wonderful changes in my mind/body when I do her workouts consistently
  • Her Boxing ones are not so frantic that I can't keep up. (Sometimes for me -slower is better - I worry about pulling or hurting something)
  • She's NOT afraid of curtsy dips.

I'm sure there's a ton more reasons why I love her , but these are what come to mind right now. KCM came along at a time in my fitness life where we just connected and I couldn't have a better fit.

And did I mention the pretty rotation calender?

I'm currently doing her Summer Weight Loss rotation. I (loosely) follow it, cuz sometimes I just need an extra day off or sometimes I need just a little something else. Sometimes I add on to it, but I will be completing the 4 weeks, even if it takes me 6 weeks.

Good luck.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 01:33 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ps ....

I canNOT wait for her kettlebell workout to arrive.

Kettlebells + KCM + premixes = WORKOUT NIRVANA ....

Old 08-30-14, 03:31 PM  
marmact

I guess I'll be the oddball and mention that I don't use most of her weight workouts. I think she tries too hard to be creative and ends up with moves that feel like an injury waiting to happen. She also tends to swing the weight around, which makes it difficult to go really heavy. I always work around those issues, but buyer beware and all that.

Anyway, if you enjoy boxing, her boxing workouts are FANTASTIC. I use the boxing-only premix from Trim Down at least once a week. It includes all of the boxing intervals from both workouts on the DVD. It's excellent and really fun.
Old 08-30-14, 03:54 PM  
Sultana

I'm glad there were more responses to this. Any chance there is a a KCM compendium that shows all the kcm exercises, wts, premixes floating around out there? I think b/c of all the pm choices, it is difficult to pigeon hole her DVDs into just cardio, heavy wts, body wt, etc. I don't like boxing, so that helps me eliminate some of the choices.

OT, did you see her pic on FB in a bathing suit w/ her bro? Wow, what an inspiration.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 04:48 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I'm glad that Marmact

Chimed in ... cuz you know - there is no such thing as a total, 100% love fest for one instructor!

The beauty of VF. To get pros and cons.

Cleda
~ who just finished Trim Down and forgot what that one was all about (or haven't done it much ... or BOTH!) Praying it takes Batwings away.

Tags
favorite kcm, kcm, kcm shape up, kelly coffey-meyer, trim down