Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-09, 05:03 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did not do any 1 rep maxes and I have nearly finished MESO2 and am lifting heavier than I thought I ever would. I have been lifting for years, though, and have a reasonable idea about what I could handle. Still, there are some surprises. I would say challenge yourself and go a bit heavier than you think you can do. Conversely, at the end of some of the workouts when you're tired you may have to go lighter. At least that is what has worked for me. Even if you did the 1 rep max you might have to modify somewhat anyway. Hope this helps. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 06:22 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I absolutely could not bring myself to do the 1 RM tests. It just seemed like way too much work. I have been lifting weights for so long that I know how much weight I can lift for a certain number of reps, and even if you do the 1 RM tests, our strength differs a little each day depending on various factors.

I haven't gotten too far into STS yet, so maybe I'll change my mind as I get to Mesos 2 and 3. For now, no testing for me.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 08:00 PM  
pharma_gal

The 1RM has been postponing the start of my program considerably..Im just done with the 1st 2 pages..Guess Ill keep at it and do the 4 and 5 star exercises and start the program June 1st. This will get me to the end of August. Then I can do CLX starting in Sept and hopefully can mix that with Insanity cardio..So many plans so little time..

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 09:08 AM  
Redeye

Quote:
I absolutely could not bring myself to do the 1 RM tests. It just seemed like way too much work. I have been lifting weights for so long that I know how much weight I can lift for a certain number of reps, and even if you do the 1 RM tests, our strength differs a little each day depending on various factors.
My thoughts exactly. I was going to do the 1RM tests, but since I already know how much weight I can handle after 20 years of lifting, I decided not to bother.

I'm almost finished with 1 week to go. I haven't been wrong about my weights but once or twice. People who actually did the 1RM tests have to adjust a couple of times so what's the diff?

Tags
1rm, sts