Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-20, 04:22 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Last week was a total dud. I did no workouts after beginning the check-in. Here's to a better week coming up. Prior to last week I had been doing pretty well, but it all fell apart last week.
Old 08-02-20, 05:13 PM  
Sollamyn

I'm late to this thread, as I just restarted today.

I did a warm-up, cardio segment, and cool down from Jessica Smith's 6-Mile Mix. On my own, I did a core workout and a nice long stretch while listening to some meditative flute music (with birds, waves, drums in the background).

Donna
Old 08-02-20, 05:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello ladies,

Last night (Saturday) I did Suzanne Bowen's Slim and Toned Prenatal Barre workout, as well as her 10 Minute Solution Pilates Perfect Body (Buns and Thighs) workout. She has some great form pointers in the prenatal barre workout and I was glad to have this one! Her stuff, even the 10MS workouts are usually too much for me.

Today I continued with more 10MS workouts....

Lara Hudson 10MS Pilates (Buns and Thighs)
Lara Hudson 10MS Rapid Results Pilates (Buns and Thighs)
Andrea Rogers Dance Your Body Thin (Ballet Sculpt)

I also tried Exhale Core Fusion Lean and Toned and it was too much for me in some of the segments. Something to work towards! ;-)

Welcome, Donna!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 09:28 PM  
LAC

After initiating my restart last Sunday, I had an over the top stressful week at work that required putting in a ton of extra hours and I didn't get any workouts in for the rest of the week. Ugh! So, today, I restarted my restart with 35 minutes on the elliptical and a few lower body stretches. Fingers crossed I do better this week than last!

I was skimming through the thread and saw the discussion regarding pilling a cat. I fully sympathize with all of you who find it traumatizing for both the human and the cat! And then there are the demoralizing days that you think you've successfully completed the task, but later find the cat has spit the pill out and it is stuck to the furniture or stuck in their fur or some other place it doesn't belong. One day I when I got to work I found one of my cat's pills stuck in my hair.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 04:39 AM  
dlb

Happy Monday,
Yesterday was 4 hours weeding / trimming. It rained (Yay) so I will not be weeding before I start work today. I'm feeling super stiff so will do a gentle workout this morning.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 06:47 AM  
Cher

Back from the cabin yesterday. Nice time with my parents and great weather. Only workout since Friday was about a 45 minute walk with my mom and a neighbor Saturday morning.

Randi - I love step! It’s my favorite form of cardio. I used to do it on my step with one riser but now I just use the platform. I have a hard time when I try to just do it on the floor.

Pharma gal - Welcome! I try to meal prep my breakfasts sometimes because I hate cooking in the morning. I just want to drink my coffee then grab something and get my workout in. Occasionally I will do a lunch prep too but DH is way to picky for me to do much early prep for dinners.

Donna - Welcome!

LAC - Wow, that must’ve interesting finding your cat’s pill in your hair at work!

I feel like a cow after the weekend of eating and drinking what I wanted at the cabin. Back to healthy eating and exercising today. Also will probably have to run to the grocery store some time today too.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 05:17 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello ladies,

Today I did Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre Beginners and Beyond! What a great 35 minute workout (and fun!) She has lots of enthusiasm and a totally different vibe from the Core Fusions I did from last week! ;-)

Have a good day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 07:07 PM  
Sollamyn

I did an 18-minute Jane Adams practice this morning and had planned to take a walk a little later, but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to walk. So--yoga for today. I'll try to do more tomorrow.

Donna
Old 08-04-20, 02:47 AM  
dlb

Yesterday - I actually did a Ellen B workout (no weeding) - Felt so good as I needed the stretching.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 06:28 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe’s SJP Step & Weight Circuit premix. Fun workout except stopped early on the lunges because she just does way to many for me.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile