Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-20, 11:28 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I just read that Grant Imagara of Mythbusters died at age 49. Reports are saying brain aneurysm.
I saw this last night and am heartbroken. Coworkers who knew him said he was a genuinely nice person.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 01:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I saw this last night and am heartbroken. Coworkers who knew him said he was a genuinely nice person.
I loved watching Grant and enjoyed his sense of humor.

I corrected the typo of his last name in my post. I only saw it when you quoted my post.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 01:51 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I just read about Grant. So sad. He was one of my favorites on Mythbusters.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 02:33 PM  
Gams

I just saw Regis Philbin died. I used to watch Regis & Kathie Lee all the time. When I think of him, I think of how much he loved Bing Crosby. RIP
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 02:50 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I just saw Regis Philbin died. I used to watch Regis & Kathie Lee all the time. When I think of him, I think of how much he loved Bing Crosby. RIP
I had not seen that. Thank you for posting.

Peter Green from Fleetwood Mac passed away. The musician Emitt Rhodes passed away earlier this week.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 03:07 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

RIP Regis! I have his workout tape around here somewhere. He was funny and it was a decent workout.

ETA here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-kRDS7doA

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 05:33 AM  
Gams

I just saw that John Saxon died. This one breaks my heart. I wrote him a fan letter once and told him I was disappointed in him because when I was little, my plan was to grow up and marry him and he didn’t follow through with my plan. I also said my sister had planned on marrying James Darren and that didn’t work out, either. He wrote me the nicest letter in response apologizing for not marrying me. He included an autographed picture and also included an autographed picture of James Darren for my sister because he felt bad for her, too. 😂. I thought it was really nice of him to respond.
Old 07-26-20, 10:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I just saw that John Saxon died. This one breaks my heart. I wrote him a fan letter once and told him I was disappointed in him because when I was little, my plan was to grow up and marry him and he didn’t follow through with my plan. I also said my sister had planned on marrying James Darren and that didn’t work out, either. He wrote me the nicest letter in response apologizing for not marrying me. He included an autographed picture and also included an autographed picture of James Darren for my sister because he felt bad for her, too. 😂. I thought it was really nice of him to respond.
Gams, what a great story!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 11:19 AM  
Gams

Shoot - Olivia de Havilland died. I had hoped she’d live another 10 years or more.
Old 07-26-20, 11:40 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I just saw that John Saxon died. This one breaks my heart. I wrote him a fan letter once and told him I was disappointed in him because when I was little, my plan was to grow up and marry him and he didn’t follow through with my plan. I also said my sister had planned on marrying James Darren and that didn’t work out, either. He wrote me the nicest letter in response apologizing for not marrying me. He included an autographed picture and also included an autographed picture of James Darren for my sister because he felt bad for her, too. ��. I thought it was really nice of him to respond.
DH told me about John. I remember him from Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee. i agree with Alta -cute story.

Quote:
Shoot - Olivia de Havilland died. I had hoped she’d live another 10 years or more.
Just heard about this one too. she passed peacefully in her sleep. such a Lady.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic