Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-25-20, 04:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday,

Today I did Firm Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily. I remember even from the last time I did it (per my notes it was in October 2017) that she said "get DOWN with the fanny lifter" LOL The cardio in this wasn't as hard as I remember, more of a pleasant break between thorough strength sets. I really like this one.

Tomorrow running and barre.

Eventmom Haha I really wanted to like the Jenny Ford workout, I didn't hate every single thing about it. I am hoping the more advanced chapters will be better. Otherwise it's a big bummer I think it was a $25 DVD.

Buzzer waves!
Old 07-25-20, 04:51 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

went for fitprime push pull. I have a horse trial tomorrow - not a hard course or anything but don't want to be exhausted.

ebianco - that's a pretty expensive dvd these days. I hope you like the other chapters!

hi buzzer!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 06:14 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

My last workout of the week was today, a run (my time was 1.5 minutes slower than last week but I blame it on the heat and eating junk food yesterday) and Pure Barre Resistance #2 the whole workout. For about an 80 minute workout.

Eventmom I love Push Pull!

Buzzer waves!
Old 07-26-20, 06:46 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

after the horse trial which did not go well I did one of the workouts from Sarah's Total Body sculpting.

ebianco - that doesn't seem that much slower to me, given the heat it seems pretty good. Yes, I like push-pull. I bought almost all fp when they had the super cheap sale but several are in my get rid of pile.

hi buzzer!
Old 07-27-20, 10:50 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Back and Shoulders... DONE!
Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior... DONE!

I combined my two workouts again, I loved it!! This time it took me about an hour and 15 minutes, but I pushed myself and it was good!

Yoga for the Warrior I loved. He does some strength during it, so I thought "hey, the body beast cardio has strength moves in it, so it's kinda like that." HA! It is a great stretch and workout though. He doesn't get all "the earth feels your energy" on you, which I like. I think that's why I like yoga x too. I like the stretch of yoga, I like the moves, but as far as the earth feeling my anything I am not a fan.

Today is probably a rest day. my sister and her DH were over, and we drank margaritas, played, talked, and DH and BIL worked on the forms for the foundation of the garage. They left about 10pm, so we didn't get to bed until about 11ish. I slept in, it's a chilly morning, DH went to the office, so we are just taking it easy. I probably need an easy morning!! We don't have anything planned until the afternoon. It rained a LOT this weekend, which our area needed so much!!

We had to put a tarp over our tent because after the rain on Friday evening, LB and I went into the tent and it had leaks all over. We had to move our beds around to get out of the leaks. I would have just grabbed our stuff and went inside, but it was raining and I didn't want to deal with that. So we made do. We put a tarp over the top on Saturday morning, and even though it rained all weekend, our tent was dry!!! Very humid though. Last night I got between the sleeping bags and they felt wet. I laid on my pillow, and it felt wet. Just humid.

Ebianco: I love my Buns of Steels that are basic, so I was eyeing that Jenny Ford one!!! I'm sorry it stinks. I almost got it too, but decided I would do my BOS and other cardio I know so well until I am tired of them, then consider another workout. Especially for the price. I am glad now I didn't do it! One for the bad review, and also because I am not using my cardios right now.

I also love "getting down with the fanny lifter". She says it so randomly, and I'm not paying attention when she says it, but it always gets my attention and makes me laugh!!

Eventmom: I need to go through al those cheap fit primes and kick butts I got and see about getting rid of some too. Maybe after my body beast rotation, I can take it a little easy and throw some of those in. Maybe that won't be taking it easy like I think though!! HA! They always surprise me.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 12:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yoga in the garden of serenity.

buzzer - I need to get rid of more dvds and must more stuff but it seems like I'm either working, horses, or making food and just not getting much in the way of home projects done. it was easier to get rid of dvds when I might get a few $ for them but nothing seems to be selling, especially not dvds.

hi ebainco!
Old 07-28-20, 10:47 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk chest... DONE!

I love this. I put on my heavier... 3 pound.. wrist weights for it, and lifted my regular weights I did last time. it was hard!! I really pushed. I rested more, and went slower to feel it. I had to skip the last set of airplanes to cobra because I felt nauseous. I still kinda do, but not in a bad-I can't function kinda way, but more in a I feel nauseous that must have been good! kinda way. I definitely pushed myself!

It's a cool day again, at least for the morning, so we will walk the dog in a few too, so a mile walk.

It took about 40 minutes to get through the whole chest workout. I have to say, if I follow through and do block 3, this will be the first rotation I have stuck with since P90X whenever I did that... before LB. I am enjoying it! however, I also was thinking how I am glad this is my last week of block 2, because I need a change from this workout. Not noticing any differences in how my clothes fit, but it's tough and I'm sure I'm making a difference some how.

Eventmom: My niece is getting ready to go to her freshman year of college, and just found out almost all of her classes are online. I think 2 aren't. She is going to go live on campus anyhow, and I bet those last 2 go on line before she starts. She'll get some of the college experience at least! it's interesting how things are going. She has to stay on campus to get some of the scholarships and grants she received, so I guess no matter what happens, unless they close the dorms, she will live there. Kinda weird.

How are you guys doing it? Are you going on line also? or do you know yet? I think it's a good idea, just not for me!! HA! I have a hard time learning online. I just don't retain the info like I do with a person in front of me. just like I can't read on the internet anything I want to know, I have to print it out and have it on paper. I don't know if it's how my brain is or what. So I envy my niece that she can do it!!

Ebianco: HI!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-28-20, 11:44 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

back to TA, hip 2.2 day 1 + charlene prickett cardio

this level has a lot of step up and down on the chair so those are going to be modified, it's too hard on my hip.

buzzer- universities are really in a tough spot - if they go on line 100% students complain it's not worth what they are paying, and getting sued (it's going on already). If they go in person, they risk people getting sick, possibly lawsuits I think, and there is no work around if a faculty member gets too sick to teach. Say I (or someone else) dies 1/2 through the semester, that course I guess they just give students some grade and go on. There is usually not anyone to pick up and cover an extra course. Anyway, at OU big courses are on line, some are 50%/50% (half the students attend one day, the other half the other day). My classes are small enough they are in person. However, my phd students and I agreed we'd just use zoom. There is no real reason to be in person for a phd seminar. That said- we are being told be ready to pivot to on line at anytime. That could happen tomorrow, the day before classes start or part way through the semester. Of course, the NCAA will not allow athletes to play sports if other students are not on campus. For a school like OU that's tens of millions (maybe 100's of millions) of dollars in lost revenues if our football doesn't play. So there's that - I'm sure OU considers the value of my life to be WAY LESS than what they earn off one football game. I honestly have no idea when we will move to online, but I cannot imagine we will finish in person. Sorry for the super long reply.

hi ebianco!
Old 07-29-20, 09:36 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Legs.. DONE!

I pat myself on the back and cheer a little too much when leg day is done. I really don't like leg day!! I hate cardio, and leg day is always a cardio workout. My heart rate gets up there. I went slow though and the 41 minute workout that Sagi does turned into a 1 hour 10 minute workout that I do. I really felt it though! My legs were very worked by the end!!

I have changed the squats into a leg press work though, which I love more. I still feel it, but I don't need to wear the vest and keep heavy weights in my hands. I meant to put the vest on for the force set, which is 5 sets of 5 reps with a hold in the rest, but I forgot. They were easy, then I remembered "Hey! My vest!" and did another round with the vest on. So I got more work for my legs that way. Plus my arms got work... it was just a good, full body work! HA!

I am always so glad to make it through leg day though!! I walk out thinking "Yay! I got leg day done! So glad to be leaving after leg day!!!" the sun is always a little brighter at the end.

Yesterday we got stuff done in the house. Today I may see if there are any friends available to play!!

Eventmom: I have no idea what I would do if I were a decision maker for education at any level!! People won't be happy no matter what! I would pull out LB to homeschool anyhow, so who am I to say! I don't envy the decision makers or the parents right now. I'm glad your PhD students are going virtual. I bet by the end of September every class is, but that's just what I think. Things always pick up virus wise in the fall. We have been working on our immune systems early this year, hoping to skate through!

Hi Ebianco!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-29-20, 10:50 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA hip 2.2 day 2 + TA popstar

Buzzer - it is a tough call for universities. Our local community college like an hour ago when 100% on line. I think that increases the chances we will go on line. Apparently some football programs have been given permission to play even if their schools are on line. Our football program has been really careful. Week 1 - 4 positive cases (personnel + players) - anyone positive goes to an apartment the program has set up for them (2 weeks of food) and they stay put. So last 2 weeks - 0 positive cases. I think these players are safer if the school is on line - they can stay in a contained bubble. They also have added some off weeks so there is more time between games. I agree, there is no way we will finish the semester in person. Of course, I bought 3 new dresses (my favorite ebay seller now has a website for really great dresses by this one designer and they clearance at $30, from > $200) but if I don't get to wear them I'll be like wt hell was I thinking?

hi ebianco !