Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-23-20, 05:16 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE Bootcamp+calorie crush.

Karjoy - "Searing" is a good word. Opening the door you get hit by a blast of hot air. DH and I went to the grocery store yesterday early but it was already super hot (almost 90 by 9:30 a.m.). Our heat index was about 105 yesterday.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 06:26 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was the all of Imax 1 except the blasts. I’m too out of shape for those blasts right now.

Karen & JBliff - Yikes! That is hot! Try to stay cool!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 04:45 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s 10 minute Brisk & Steady, Cathe’s Fit Tower Intermediate Long and Strong, and Travis Elliot’s Yin Yoga Flow & Go from YouTube.

Puppy sitting again today.
Old 07-24-20, 06:41 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical. I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before so I was really dragging.

Cher
- Have fun with the puppy!

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 07-24-20, 09:33 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher IMAX 1 is plenty tough without the blasts! Good job.

Yesterday I did some weights on my own and tonight ran/walked for about 50 minutes. I’m thankful for some cloud cover that made my shady route even better. It’s the small things!

I don’t have kids but this is a very stressful time for friends that do, trying to figure out whether to send their kids back to the classroom in the middle of this pandemic or school them at home. Tough decisions.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 05:36 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was warm-up, Belly Buns & Thigh Walk, Boogie Down Walk and Cool Down from Jessica Smith’s 5 Fat Burning Miles Walk.

JBliff - I hope you got more sleep last night.

Karen - I’m so glad I don’t have to worry about DS going back to school in the fall. That is scary. Our governor said if our totals start going up she will not open them but our totals have been staying around 500 - 700 a day. Still a lot but considering we were up around 7000 a day a few months ago, we’re doing better. They are still talking about how to open them. Our schools don’t usually open until the week of Labor Day.
Old 07-25-20, 01:33 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JBliff: The heat could let up any time now, I agree. Today's warning says 105. I ran into a friend while at Walmart for a quick stop today and stood in the shade but still in the heat for over half an hour. I am wiped out... and wishing for another shower. LOL!

Cher: I am glad DD isn't in school as well. The universities here are planning to blend in-seat and virtual classes. I am just concerned about kids who need the interaction with others for mental and social wellness. Humans are social creatures. This week I read an article about kids regressing and another about more depression and anxiety meds being prescribed to younger kids. Sad. Pills are not the solution but what are folks going to do?

Karen: This would have been the Cathe RT weekend. I am so bummed. I miss seeing everyone. I asked KCM to consider a virtual RT and she is going to do one in August. You should attend!

Vannie: You are so sweet. I appreciate your kind words.
I hope you are doing well. I think it is great that you are taking time out to honor your mother's memory in ways that mean so much to you.

Check in: Been doing pretty good with workouts. Doing a bit more weights again. Bumped into a walking workout this morning that I really enjoyed. Never heard of this guy, but it was fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL3RnlEaLf4&t=409s

Then I did the floor portion of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efsHWzU194Y&t=49s

I had a blood draw at my physical... only weird result was an elevated level of LDH (Lactate dehydrogenase). Not sure why. I still a hemocult test to take yet. Maybe I will get to it this weekend since we are generally home doing nothing except DH resting and me cleaning up for the next week.

Better run. DH is sleeping and now is the time to work on things that require me to leave the house.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 02:07 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Step Jump & Pump step portion + weights + abs. I do miss the great music Cathe used to have.

Gibbee - The walking video looked like fun. The music was good. I think the pandemic is doing a number on both adults and younger kids, mentally and otherwise.

Cher
- Our local schools will be 100 percent online at least for the first 3 weeks of school. They're watching to see how things go first. Our cases have gone up in the past month (mostly from people 49 and younger).

Karjoy - There's been rain the past 2 evenings so at least things aren't super dry.

Hi to Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.