Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-18-20, 03:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA beg #2 + your body breakthru cardio.
wow this is 2 days in a row I did cardio then I know I did but barely remember the actual workout - of course both the cardio workouts I've had for a long time, but it's weird.

buzzer - unfortunately I've been looking at used trailers for > 1 year and this is the only one like this I've seen listed - ever. so I'm not holding out hope finding another one like it. yeah, I tried traditional barre when it was popular and I like many of those workouts but never got the results others got. I love MR and keep her workouts but she never changed my body. you have to know what works for you! Only Joyce and TA changed my body - the only thing they have in common is working muscles from lots of angles.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 04:29 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up since Friday:

Friday: before we moved back in February, I was really getting into more dance workouts for lighter/different cardio and I had bought Beachbody CIZE with Shaun T second hand on eBay for maybe $25 or so. I finally opened the package and did the first workout, "Crazy 8s" which is learning eight dance moves with a lot of TIFTT and a faster dance at the end. It was 30 minutes and a pretty fun cardio workout! Not amazing wow factor, but still pretty fun and I'll continue with the set! Then, as I was looking through my downloads, I forgot I had purchased the Yoga 30 for 30 series which is a series of 30 minute yoga workouts from Travis Elliot (of Ultimate Yogi) and another woman wo I'm not familiar with. I pulled out "Flow and Stretch" for the first time which was maybe 10 minutes of vinyasa and 20 minutes of deep stretching. I really liked it! I know Classical Stretch is more dynamic and not really a true stretch workout, but sometimes I want more static stretching. This one was maybe more static than I was used to but I really got excellent hamstring and hip stretches. It was a good recovery day. I am going to try to combine more CIZE and Yoga 30 for 30 workouts on my recovery day for a while.

Yesterday: Firm Strength with Pam. I love this one, although I do think Firm Tortoise may be even a little harder! They are both great though.

Today: Run outside - I beat my previous times by about a minute! And then Pure Barre Resistance 4 the entire 44 minute workout, for an overall 70 minute workout or so.

Tomorrow and Tuesday-well deserved rest days

I definitely felt it this week adding in an extra strength day and one less barre day, and am wanting to sleep a lot more, but I enjoyed it and am hoping to acclimate. In the last totalfitnessdvd sale, I ended up buying a few Cathe DVDs even though I haven't totally clicked with her in the past. But her LITE series looked really good and I had previously bought her LITE Cardio Party and really enjoyed it. So I bought a few strength or strength/cardio workouts and plan to mix them in with the Firms starting next week. Not that I am at all tired of the Firms, but you know, #vidiot #variety. LOL

Eventmom What Essentrics workouts did you buy?

I'm sorry you missed out on the trailer you wanted.

Buzzer Haha that's what my DH and I feel like, that the house is really nice and worth the risk of getting hit by a ball. There is a lot of tree barrier between us and the golf course, a row of of big mature trees at least. And we have a huge umbrella up on the deck, along with the canopy above the deck swing, which help shield the balls. We probably get hit with a ball maybe once or twice a week on the house, so that is a lot but not like 10 times a day or anything. I'm sure it could be worse.

I'm glad the back to back Body Beast workouts was a good combo!
Old 07-20-20, 02:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA hip 2.1 day 9 + caribbean aerobics
today - TA hip 2.1 day 10 + 20 TA cardio

my hip is hurting so I sort half assed the cardio.

ebianco - Firm Strength is one of my most favorite firms - I only kept four in my post TA purge that is one of them. I bought the 2 essentrics sculpting workouts 1 & 2. I have miranda's dvd with 30 min workouts and am just sort of sick of them when I need a 30 min workout. But sort of like your vidiot variety comment above, I don't really need them!

Buzzer - hope you had a good weekend!
Old 07-21-20, 11:18 AM  
Buzzer

body Beast Chest... DONE!
Body Beast bulk legs.. DONE!

Great workouts!! Today I woke up at 6:15 (late for me), about 7 I took the puppy out for his walk around the yard, then about 7:15 I took the older dog for a 1 mile loop walk around the hood. We stopped to talk to a neighbor I really just love but don't talk to enough, so we didn't get back until about 8:30. A long mile . So I started my workout at 8:45ish and by then it was SO hot in the workout room. I tried, but wearing the 20 pound vest the whole time in the heat was too much. I skipped the lateral lunges (squats?) and the abs. I will do them tomorrow when I do arms. It was just too hot. I am calling it good for today!!

LB also spilled milk on the chair that of course is hard to clean, so right before the last exercise of dead lifts I had a break to clean milk off the chair. It's now 10am and I have been doing something since 7, but not getting much done!! HA!

I tried to use my weight hooks (velcro around the wrist, hooks on your palms) for the deadlifts and plie squats, but for some reason my hands still held on tight and my forearms got tired. I even tried to tighten them up, but I still felt like I was gonna lose the weights so I tightened my hands. Hopefully that was just an anomaly for today, because it kinda made the exercises less felt in my legs and more in my forearms. Hard to focus!

I watched the Firmology, mostly the instructor interviews. I do know that I sadly could not be friends with any of them. I just am not that... vain? I don't even know if that's it. They were confident, but more maybe shallow. The loved themselves a lot and weren't afraid to talk about it, or themselves! Just how they held themselves and everything. Interesting to hear them talk though. There was one girl, Kerry, who was really cute and I think it was Heidi was talking about them being roommates. She seemed pretty down to earth. Really weird, alternate reality kinda thing.

Eventmom: Ooooh. Hopefully another will come up. Stinks that you were looking for a year though!

Ebianco: So when Shawn T came out with Cize, he did an "instructor certification" in the AAAI conference I go to, so I did the certification! It was fun! Shawn was so nice. When we all got there, he walked around the room, made eye contact with everyone, shook everyones hand, and introduced himself. It was really impactful. It was fun, and lasted I think only one full day. He was great through the whole thing! I remember he complained about the lack of oxygen a lot! I never received the certification like they said we would, and we were supposed to get a video to learn our first class and we never did, but the class was a blast and it was so cool to meet him!! I have a picture of me with him too, which no one is ever impressed with.

Isn't it funny when you are running when you get home 1 minute sooner than usual... it's like this big accomplishment!! I loved that!! 1 minute doesn't seem like much until it's translated into shaving time off your run!! Whoo hoo!!

Yesterday we cleaned the house, I threw stuff out, and we tried to get rid of dog hair everywhere. Today is violin, then we may have my BIL over today or Friday, don't know which yet. Otherwise, probably cleaning!! I am trying to go through things again while it's too warm to be outside.

I can't wait until fall when the weather isn't so hot. I hate the heat!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 04:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

classical stretch episode also jumped my horse so not much time to workout

buzzer - I don't know that I've ever watched firmology but it sounds like some of the vibe I got off one barre workout (mother and daughter from the south, I can't think of the name). I was like ah no that is not for me. I'm trying to get our house in decent order but it's not working.

hi ebianco!
Old 07-23-20, 10:59 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk Arms... DONE!
P90X Yoga... DONE!

I am also taking the older dog on a 1 mile "walk" every morning. he drags his feet reallllly bad, and tries to sit down every 10 feet. But we persevere. It's taking about 30 minutes to do the 1 mile loop. He is totally foot dragging and wanting to sniff and sit. My heart rate is barely getting up. He has gained 15 pounds since the puppy got hurt, and we don't know if it's thyroid, sympathy eating, less exercise with the puppy out of action, or what. So we are gonna watch him and I am gonna walk him that 1 mile loop every morning, no matter how painful it is for both of us!!

Bulk arms was good. I usually complain that I don't feel the kickbacks at the end of the workout, but this time the biceps seemed lacking and I felt the triceps and kickbacks!! So I guess the workout is good, it's me that's varying!! I am noticing the looseness I had gotten in my shoulders with t-tapp is pretty much gone, and I can once again barely touch my hands behind my back. In the yoga this morning, I did the bridge pose with hands clasped, and I could not even begin to straighten my arms. My hands were barely clasped and hitting my glutes. It's bad. I need to work on yoga more.

I am combining the back and delts again this week, so I will have today to do yoga, and probably an extra day of it too.

Yesterday was sooooo hot. LB had a friend over, and we sat outside with them (me, the Mom and the Grandpa) and we were chasing the shade!! It was hot. Today is supposed to be better, and tomorrow is supposed to be chilly and rainy. Good! It is so hot and dry right now.

Our valley is having some really severe water issues right now, and suddenly everyone is aware of our finite water supply. The county approves pretty much anyone who wants to build up here, and it's further straining the water supply. Now with the drought, everyone is suddenly "hey! What's with the water?" and getting a schooling on finite water, wells, where water comes from, and why we need to stop building every house that asks to build!!! We just can't handle it here. Sadly, if it keeps going like it is, we worry that our well could go dry. So far it's good, but this is really a bad drought right now!! We need some good, soaking rain to restock the water and cut the fire danger!!! Ugh. I used to work for an old German woman, and she would say "It's alvays somesing". It really is.

The puppy has been cleared to gradually go back to full activity!! His fracture is all healed! His patella tendon is inflamed, but the vet said that's normal. She said to start taking him on gradually longer and longer walks, and in about a month he should be good to go run the yard again!!! Yay puppy!!

So LB and I will be adding in a puppy walk to our daily exercise too.

By the time I walk the dog, take out the puppy, and workout, 2 hours has gone by. it's really taking a lot of time to exercise the family!! I told LB we will walk the puppy in the evening, or afternoon if it's cooler. Lots of walking I'm doing.

Eventmom: I have heard rumors that we are going to go on lockdown in our state again on the 27. I don't know if it's true, supposedly we will find out today. I'm not excited for lockdown, especially as business owners. We already are on masks everywhere, and I feel like that should be doing something!!!! Ugh. We will get through it, but man, it's crazy.

Hilliard method!! Yes! I get the same vibe from them! I wouldn't be friends with them at all. I guess videos are good because you don't actually have to meet and get to the know the instructors and ruin the workout!! HA!

We are hopefully going to have the garage done in October, and that will help, I think, in getting the house in order. I am just done with this house and ready to move on. I have been looking at house plans and houses for sale again. I don't want to move, but sometimes it's tempting!! I love our location and land, but the living quarters? Nope. Big nope.

However I will admit the tent feels like an extra room and a house expansion. It's been really nice!! I will be sad when summer is over and we HAVE to move back into the house

Hi Ebianco!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 03:22 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All,

My workout week started yesterday with Firm Volume 1. Love this one of course! I cut out a couple of short sections to narrow it down to a 50 minute timeframe. I wore 1.5# ankle weights for the mat work and surprised I didn't really have DOMS today!

Today I tried Cathe's LITE Series PHA 2 (peripheral heart action training) plus the bonus ab workout. I enjoyed it, especially the main workout, where there are two long circuits of 8 exercises each, repeated once before the second circuit which is repeated once. The main workout is short, about 43 minutes, plus another 10 minutes for the ab set. The abs was boxing inspired and was a lot of situps, crunches, and some plank. The workout wasn't really too hard, to be fair I go pretty light on lower body weights, but heavied up on the upper body. It went by fast and was still a good strength day. My heart rate was definitely elevated by the end. Not as much as a Firm workout with cardio intervals, but pretty good! I got three LITE series workouts in Mary's sale and looking forward to try them all. The music is fun on these and I like the bright, clean set.

Tomorrow probably another CIZE workout (or a new Jenny Ford step workout I picked up) and another Yoga in 30 download. Then a Firm on Saturday and run/barre on Sunday.

Eventmom I hope you enjoy your new Essentrics workouts!!

Buzzer It doesn't surprise me that Shawn T was friendly in person That is so cool that you got to meet him and got a picture! A few years ago I got to meet Billy Blanks (Taebo) in person and he was NOT personable. I waited around and got a picture but he wasn't smiling and I didn't really like him at all, in person. He led a good workout but just seemed tired and annoyed at the whole event, like he didn't want to be there. It made me not as anxious to visit other fitness celebrities in person if it will be a letdown No one is impressed with my Billy Blanks picture either - LOL. People outside of the vidiot world just don't really know or care who that is!

A minute off my run was great! Especially in the crazy heat. I am sure my time will improve significantly when fall comes around. Then I will probably hibernate for winter LOL.

Wonderful news for puppy!!
Old 07-23-20, 05:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

joyce fat burning upper body + a youtube cardio

felt like I need a bit more back and chest work with tracy.

buzzer - what I'm reading is that masks help - OK has been slacking on that. But walmart now requires them for customers and employees so when I went our walmart today to pick up an online order I actually bought some other things. They were so slack the last time I was there. that is cool about shawn t. and Hilliard yes thank you ! I could not remember. but I couldn't even stand to workout with them even though they are solid workouts.

ebianco - I haven't even tried my new workouts! they are for my easier days which might be tomorrow LOL. I have never met a fitness celebrity! unless you count the trainer at the gym in Taos who had a tv show long ago in LA.

waves!
Old 07-24-20, 06:12 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

Today was my active recovery day. I tried out Jenny Ford's Step Hero workout (the first workout on the DVD) from this DVD: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jen...asy-6-p/35.htm. My thought in getting this DVD is that the workouts would be more intermediate and not super complex choreography, and I liked the 25 minute time frame and the music. On the plus side I liked the music and Jenny's energy (this is the first workout of hers I've tried), on the minus side the choreography was too basic - there was NOT any choreography. I only did the first 15 minutes of the workout and it was 90% basic step ups, with a little mix of knee ups, kicks, and hamstring curls. I mean it got my heart rate up, in the sense I felt like I was on an endless staircase going and up and up. It was just terrible! I Joni-O'd it. I really hope I like the other chapters better, that they are at least slightly more complex. I might check out other Jenny Ford workouts, she is adorable. Then my other miss was Yoga in 30 the yin workout, it wasn't terrible but I wasn't in the right frame of mind to hold stretches for three minutes. So mostly a dud workout today, but I guess it was recovery with the stretches. You have to kiss some frogs when you explore new workouts I suppose.

As a side note, I have some different than usual DOMS from the PHA workout yesterday. My lats are feeling it differently today from this twisting lat row move yesterday. And my quads feel it differently I guess from some of the leg work. It's good that it got my muscles from different angles!

Tomorrow a Firm - maybe that Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily from the BSS? Or else Total Body Shaping Mix? Or Tough Tape 2. I haven't done those in a while. Then run and barre on Sunday.

Eventmom Haha it usually takes me a long time to get to my new workouts too (the ones I, ahem, had to have )

Buzzer waves!
Old 07-24-20, 07:13 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

well I was more sore from Joyce's Fat Burning upper body than I expected to be! So instead of TA I did a little cardio from a Karen Voight and my floor barre workout.

ebianco - Yeah, I go in spurts needing easier workouts then back to TA butI really did not need them both! Sorry you joni-oed a workout - that sucks. hope you like the other workouts.

hi buzzer!