Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-05-20, 08:05 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 5

Good morning all! I hope you each had a wonderful Independence Day!

Check in: We didn't do anything yesterday, really. I slept in a bit but as usual it messed with my head and motivation. I got little accomplished, quite frankly.

DH wanted some homemade root beer from a certain vendor (a one time a year opportunity) so DD and I went downtown at the start of the day's activities at 4 and bought some for him. We had a funnel cake but it was only just OK. We walked about 4 blocks and called it good. Very few people and very spread out.
I had hoped one of the coffee shops would be open, but they were both closed (one has great coffee and a barista we know from Taekwondo, and the other is, well, not as good. It's probably just the blend I don't like.) We did run into our original Taekwondo teacher (the wife of the barista, who used to also be our TKD teacher) from when DD was in first grade and talked to her a bit. We didn't go back or even drive somewhere to watch the fireworks. I'll check out pics on FB later.

I made a half attempt at doing a very light run through of Cathe's Live Burn Sets back/chest/shoulders. Not sure I liked it but I wanted to do something.
Will see how I feel later.

Have a great day all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 05:22 AM  
Cher

I don’t even know when my last workout was - some time early last week. I left for the cabin Thursday, came home Saturday morning because my SIL was having a small get together for DH’s family. I had a great weekend at both places! Yesterday I did go for about a 39 minute bike ride in the morning then didn’t do much but stay in the house in the AC all day yesterday. It has been in the 90’s since about last Wednesday here and will be all this week too. This is unusual to have these temps more than a couple days here.

Gibbee - Nice of you a DD to go get the root beer for DH. Sounds like it was a nice day.

Okay, off to catch up from last week thread! I have to get back to the workouts today and back to counting my WW points!

Waves to everyone!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 10:15 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body + core premix. DH and I also went for a walk before 7:30 a.m. and it was pretty pleasant. It starts to get hot around 8:30 though.

Cher - That's great you were able to see relatives over the weekend. It's been super hot here too--in the 90s.

Gibbee- DH and I didn't even bother going out to see the fireworks. We did hear them going off most of the evening. I hope your DH appreciated the root beer!

Hi to Vannie and Karjoy. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 11:25 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Thanks for starting us off Gibbee.

Yesterday I did a 50 minute run/walk. I am going to do something upper body today. I have neglected that some lately.

Usually our city has a ginormous July 4th celebration at our biggest park but that was obviously out with the need to socially distance. There were tons of neighborhood fireworks the night of July 3rd.

Cher good to hear from you. Sounds like a nice weekend all round. I know it was good to get outside for your bike ride. Over 90 degrees days in a row can sap your energy for sure. That’s why we in Florida hibernate in the summer.

Gibbee his sweet of you and DD to get your hubby a cold treat. I bet the walk did you good.

Jbliff yep, I think summer is set in for sure. My friend judi says that when the sun is truly up and it is first light, there is a brief time when the humidity is lower and it is not yet too hot. Not always easy to figure out the time though.

Vannie I hope you had a nice holiday. Is it still hot there?

Some local triathletes attended a July 4th triathlon at a beautiful spring and park about an hour from here. It’s a tradition. Unfortunately someone from here participated and they had tested + for COVID in the last several weeks. They were
“Feeling better” and decided to race. Now of course everyone is up in arms because all athletes and volunteers have to get tested. To be fair, there is a lot of conflicting advice about when you can return to activity. Still, most people feel that it was not good that this person raced. I think they had had a negative test after they were better but who knows how good the testing is? Sigh......

Have a good day all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 07:45 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Cathe's Kick Punch & Crunch. I don't know why I haven't done this in years. It was a lot of fun.

Karjoy - Interesting story about the triathlete. I think the moral of the story is keep away from people as much as possible. I saw today that FL is mandating that school be opened in August. It seems pretty illogical considering there were over 11,000 cases yesterday. We're continuing to do pretty well here. Virginia continues the downward trend and we're keeping our fingers crossed that with moving to phase 3 of reopening, we won't have increased cases.

Waves to everyone.
Old 07-08-20, 09:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Quick checkin: I did a 45 ish minute run/walk after work. This route is getting shadier too which is a real bonus. And not too hilly. For the first time in days we had no rain so it was nice to see the sun. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 06:35 AM  
Cher

Monday’s workout was Body Groove Fit Workout #1 and Cathe’s Lower Body & Stability Ball Abs add-ons from Basic Step. Tuesday was Cathe’s Basic Step and the Upper Body add-on. No official workout yesterday. We were puppy sitting for my SIL’s puppy. Her BF was having a big surgery and she didn’t want to leave the puppy alone all day. I also had to drop my minivan off for repairs plus it was HOT here but I did go for about a 40 minute bike ride while DH stayed with the puppy. We will have her again today.

Karen - This COVID stuff is just crazy how fast it can spread. It seems our cases went up to 600 something yesterday - highest daily total we’ve had in 7 weeks! Here we go again after all the careless inconsiderate stupid stuff people have been doing.

Waves JBliff, Gibbee & Vannie
Old 07-09-20, 08:09 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Legs & Glutes from the Body Blast series.

Cher - That's great you've been bike riding. Is there a bike trail that you use, or do you just ride on the streets?

Karjoy
- Send some of your rain our way. We've been so dry for weeks now.

Our local library is finally reopened (somewhat). We now have curb-side pick up and drop off of books, which is a great improvement. Tomorrow I plan to go return my 30+ books that I've been hanging on to for 3 months.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day.
Old 07-10-20, 07:53 AM  
Cher

Still puppy sitting. My workout yesterday started out wanting to do cardio & weights. I started doing the warm-up of Party Rockin Step #1. The puppy was upstairs howling so loud because I was in the basement even though DH was upstairs with her. I went upstairs talked to her for a few minutes and went back down. Did combo #1, then went back up to talk to her. Finally decided to just do the weights I wanted to get done. I put in the Lower Body Add-on from the Basic Step dvd and did the standing portion since I use all weights instead of a band, then grabbed my band and went upstairs in my room and did the floor work in there so the puppy could see me. She’s coming again so I may try to have DH keep her busy and be real quiet so she doesn’t hear the door when I go down.

JBliff - The Body Blast series is one of my favorites. No bike trails around here but I can get up to town just by riding through sub-divisions so I don’t have to ride in traffic at all. Our library open for curbside about a month ago. About 2 weeks ago, the lobby opened so you can go in and pick up holds too but you can’t go to any shelves. You have to tell them what you want and they will go get it for you. You have to wear a mask and when you walk In before you even walk in to the lobby they have a table with a big hand sanitizer, free masks if you don’t have one and face shields if you want to use those. No excuses which is how it should be.
Old 07-10-20, 09:14 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was MMA Boxing.

Cher - I agree about Body Blast. It really is a good series. Funny story about the puppy. That's really good what your library is doing. I think our library is trying to be super cautious. I walked to the library today and had to wait outside until a librarian (with mask and gloves) came out with the books I had on hold.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.