Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-20, 11:49 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics stretch (30) + some of coregeous. it's harder than it looks but interesting.

ebianco - yeah I get it! I've still got so many that I probably *should* get rid of. I've had to move paper files around (b/c of my headaches I read mostly hard copy) and found I had some crazy stuff in old files. Still have way too much paper but made room for so I can prep teaching materials from home. It is tough to work your way through medication and side effects! Statins seem somewhat scary from what I've read, good job on managing your health. glad you like your new scale.

buzzer - I certainly went through the shiny new phase as well. then I went TA 100% slimmed my collection. then all these places were getting rid of dvds so I had to have Barre3 and fitprime. geez. now I'm back on TA. need to do a bigger cull but this is a start. and way to go on the rocks! the only yard work getting done at our place is DD and her BF - we are paying them (no work in their professions) and it's a huge help to me and they get some $.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

Today my lower body especially was definitely tired from the Barlates yesterday. I took an active rest day and tried out Fitprime Live G-Force 4, the first half hour, then Classical Stretch 1029. I have to say I was underwhelmed by the Fitprime Live workout. It wasn't just the unpolished feel (they were totally winging the choreography), but there was a lot of technical difficulties with their microphones and they kept pausing to fix it. So they were standing there trying to fix it while I'm standing there tapping my feet. And for a "G-Force" workout there was extremely little time on the rebounder - for the 30 minutes I did, there may have been 5 minutes on the rebounder total! So, not a winner. The toning work was okay.

Tomorrow most likely Firm Tortoise LOL. Then Barlates on Sunday.

So today I tried out my scale with the "athletic mode" off, which made my body fat % bounce back up 10%. Upon doing more research, it sounds like the normal mode overestimates your fat and the athletic underestimates it, the mode changes something about the algorithm. So I am just going to stick with the lesser fat % and just track the trend. I used the scale again today and look forward to seeing the trend since I weigh myself every day.

Eventmom and Buzzer Good for you for culling your collections! I am just too afraid to get rid of anything since they aren't really producing any more But I have more than enough room to store everything so oh well LOL. But like you I have also been trying to seriously reduce my spending habits - I really don't need any new DVDs. I have been pretty good the past few months..
Old 06-27-20, 09:26 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Shoulders.. DONE!

I have finished BB Block one!! Now on to bulk. I did this workout at my own pace while watching "Ice Age". DH came by to tell me he was headed to the shop between set 2 and 3 of the overhand press/front raise/back fly one, so I had a good rest between doing my 12 and 8 rep sets. Which was fine! I was going slow, focusing, and feeling the weight. It was good.

I will have to see how I feel tomorrow if I take a day of cardio/abs, or if I go on to bulk chest. Probably take a day to make sure my shoulders don't limit my chest work.

Yesterday I took a day off working out, because LB was having friends over so I knew I could get some yard work done. I hauled rocks, sawed up trees in the wheel barrow, cut down some wild bushes I hate, tied them up and carried them down the yard for trash, then started digging up some other rocks that are in the way and carrying them to the wheel barrow. That's when the super deluxe rain hit. so, the rocks are in the wheel barrow, 1/2 of them are dug up, and hopefully today I will finish.

it rained a ton! The kids went into the workout room, which I had 1/2 blocked off so they wouldn't touch my weights and equipment. They used the workout bench, LB's little chair I have in there, and my rebounder and took the games out of the goodwill bag and played games. I brought them out snacks and drinks (water, in case it spills) and they had the best time! I was worried about them destroying my room, but LB was good and made sure everything was put back that they used.

I came out once and they were playing with my fluidity ball, the big exercise ball, and my firm zip trainer. They were careful though, which I hope if they play in there again, they are again!!

I got the house somewhat cleaned while they were out there. It was a good day.

Today I think we are going to go to town, and probably have LB clean her room, which she is in desperate need of!!

ended up with 13,000 steps yesterday, and my Fitbit logged some of my work in the yard. I'm sure the wheel barrow hauling part, because it says I walked for like 15 minutes!

Eventmom: What is with the paper??? I swear, there is so much paper just to exist. I don't even know why we have half of it, but we need it. I am tired of paper! If it weren't for paper, I think we'd have half of our stuff in the shed gone. as a matter of fact, I just looked to my left and there's some papers, and I thought "I don't even know what that paper is". Why do we keep and store paper????

Ebianco: congratulations on your new scale! I would probably use the higher body fat %age, just to motivate myself! HA! I don't know... it just doesn't really make sense to me to have two adjustments with 2 different body fat percentages. I've seen people who workout like crazy, but because their diet stinks, or they don't eat enough, their body fat percentage is high. It makes me wonder how it's all calculated for a scale. I don't want to know at all what my bf% is right now!! HA!

I have G-force, but have never done it. You definitely didn't give it a glowing review! I don't even know if I have ever had an interest in doing that workout. I got it in the "Buy all the Fitprimes while they are still on DVD!!!" panic too. Half those workouts I panic bought I haven't done. Wait, no actually 90% of them
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 09:25 AM  
Buzzer

Cardio Party (pink firm)... DONE!
Abs of Steel program 2.. DONE!

I liked the cardio party. I don't feel especially energetic this morning, so I kept it kinda low. It was fun though! Basic steps, until Allie started. Then she kinda did some weird moves and shimmies, but I was able to modify so I could do it!
that was 40 minutes. So I added on AOS #2, which was good. Being low energy as I was, it was tough! I did it though.

yesterday the neighbor asked if LB could come over to play, so she went over to their house. I left for like 20 minutes to go check out an ATV/Snowplow, and when I came home, there were bikes outside our gate. They decided to play over here since they can have the workout room"clubhouse" and pool. So I had the kids all day yesterday again!! About 1/2 hour before they were supposed to leave, another neighbor kid came over (LB's BFF) and so they played about another hour after that. Overall, I cleaned the house and actually took some down time.

I didn't get anything done in the yard, but I was just needing some indoor time for sure!!

So she played from about 1 until 6:45pm. Today she will play again at church (her BFF goes to our church so we go early and stay late so they can play) then we will probably go to DH's old shop to help him clean. There wasn't much I can do with construction and moving stuff, I'd be in the way and he'd seriously have to micromanage me since I have no idea what I'm doing, but cleaning I can do!! Last day of his move, he says, so we will see. Hopefully he can take some time off after this.

The puppy IMO isn't recovering well. He sometimes finds it tender to touch his leg and his hip, and he is still super favoring it. Sometimes he's OK with it, sometimes not. I don't know if that's normal, but I am still treating him with kid gloves so I don't have to carry him around!!! He has definitely grown though. He's looking more like a dog, and getting huge and fuzzy!

Waves to both of you! I hope your weekend is going great!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-28-20, 04:06 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yoga 20 min sara ivanhoe, had a jump lesson, rode my other horse, came in and did the cardio from danceworks. it actually is broken down into dances so I could use it and stop when after the end of say 4 dances then jump to the stretch. Haven't done this one very often so it was fun to do something new.

buzzer - no kidding on the paper. it's going to be crazy when we sell this house but then I'll be retired and can just get rid of all my work files. sorry about the puppy, do you have NSAIDs for him?

ebianco - it's a struggle to get rid of things because as you said, dvds are going away! I can't imagine I'll ever do all of supercallanetics, in fact I doubt I'll do any of it, but there it is my one callanetics with callan herself.
Old 06-29-20, 05:47 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from last week:

Saturday - Firm Tortoise, loved it of course! I have done this workout the past five Saturdays - LOL!

Sunday-I attempted a run outside since my knee is feeling very good. And I feel great!! It was a brief walk/run to see how running would feel. I'd love to start running every week if I can, but I'm going to be really careful. It was about 27 minutes and then I came in for Ballet Physique Amped Up the whole workout for about a 70 minute workout.

Today and tomorrow-planned rest days

Eventmom I love the old Super Callanetics. I do it rarely, but it is the only original I have with Callan. I really like the stretches in this one.

Buzzer I am actually more motivated with a more generous/lower number on the scale. I tend to think "yeah! Keep up the good work!" rather than a higher number which is more like "ugh why am I even trying?" Unfortunately my new scale seems to think I'm a bit heavier than my last scale I thought it was a fluke at first but it is very consistent after four days. But, I am not getting another scale so I'm going to live with it. LOL. It's only higher by a couple of pounds than I feel like I was based on my old scale. On the other hand, I was thinking it would be good for me to place less emphasis on my weight every day because it sets the tone for my day. Maybe a few weeks with the scale will just shake me out of my reliance on the scale for validation, and focus more on non scale victories

So the original Fitprime G-Force with Tracie is awesome and one of my favorites, and was not "live" it was all nicely choreographed. I wasn't thrilled with G-Force 2, which is also not "live", but haven't tried it in a long time. Fitprime Live G-Force 3 and 4 are on one DVD, and definitely not worth having, unfortunately.

I'm sorry puppy isn't healing as well! I hope his X-ray shows a significant improvement.
Old 06-30-20, 09:52 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk Chest... DONE!

I super duper pushed myself. Like, so much so that on two sets, I couldn't even get the full number of reps out. I tried, I made noises, I did what I could, but my muscles were so tired they just couldn't move. They were tired, burning, and done. Good though! I haven't pushed myself like that in a long time! I won't be dropping my weights for the next chest workout either, because I will get all the reps out eventually!!

Today is supposed to be leg day, but LB and I were at DH's old shop until 1am cleaning and getting the last of the stuff out. It was non stop. I vacuumed with a shop vac that the attachments kept falling off the hose, so I was having to stoop over for about 2000 square feet of vacuuming. Plus, since it was a jewelry store, I had to be very meticulous in vacuuming in case any metals were on the floor. DH will take the contents of the vacuum to the refiner. So I literally was either on my hands and knees vacuuming, or stooped over. I went little tile to little tile, one at a time. Between cracks in the tile. For about 2000 square feet of space. My back hurt. My legs hurt. I would sit down and have to mentally talk myself through getting up, because my body seriously didn't want to do it.

I was beyond tired and achey, but we had to get it done last night. We did, at 1am, but we did!!

LB was trying to tell me knock knock jokes on the way home. She said "knock knock!!" and I said "honey, I just don't want to answer the door." she thought that was hilarious. I think that's gonna be her new joke now.

So I am taking a "rest" day. I will still probably get out and do yard work or clean the house, but I am not doing legs today. My lower back aches a little still, and I feel it in my glutes. Doing legs would be counterproductive with an achy back and glutes!! So that will be tomorrows workout.

Eventmom: We don't have anything else for him Part of me is good with that, because I don't necessarily believe in lots of drugs for me, my family or even the dogs, but we got him some multivitamins for dogs, and I'm hoping that helps him recover. Some days, when he tries to walk more, he won't let me touch his leg, and some days, when he favors it more, i can touch it. I am not taking him further than I can carry him, however he is being really cautious too. He is so cute sometimes.. we have these stuffed suns for the dogs. He will grab one and carry it around with him when I take him outside. It just reminds me how young he still is, carrying his stuffed sun. It just melts my heart! Poor little dude. He's being so good and cooperative.

I pulled out my Callanetics about a week ago, thinking I would do them between block 1 and 2. I just went into block 2 instead. Maybe I'll keep them out to do when I need a break! I love Callanetics. I don't know what it is about it, but it is much more relaxing.

Ebianco: I'm happy to hear your knee is doing better! Wow. Those little patches but have been just what it needed. Keep those things around!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-30-20, 11:34 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA hip 2.1 day 3 + up to the beat cardio 25
today - TA hip 2.1 day 4 + TA DC

we leave for NM in a week so we are starting to get serious about finishing things around here before we go. I went to my office yesterday and packed up my personal items and stashed them in DH office so the movers don't have to deal with those items

ebianco - glad you were able to run! I did manage to get rid of a few dvds yesterday via swapadvd!

buzzer - omg, that vacuuming sounds painful! although I try to keep meds minimal I've learned to appreciate them for injuries.
Old 07-01-20, 09:45 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk Legs... DONE!

I think this was less of a bulk program than the build program. This one seems more of a build program. But, it was fun! Lots more cardio than the other leg program, and lighter weights. However, more squats, so maybe that's why it's the bulk program. It was an easier workout though! I liked it still. I went lighter, and even in some cases just wore my vest. The 50 calf raises were killer, and I had to rest starting at 30 every 10 reps (or less!) to take a step or two and shake it out. I did most of it at my own pace rather than Sagi's. Lots of pausing, which before when I did this workout I hated and it made me anxious, now I like it and it's relaxing. Interesting.

My grip gave out before my legs did in some of the exercises, and made me want a smith machine again. That was my absolute favorite piece of equipment when I went to the gym. Squats, stationary lunges, chest presses... all so much easier with a smith. I could push myself so hard, and if I just couldn't, I didn't have to worry about the weights getting stuck, I'd just roll my hands, rack the weight, and get out. I miss the smith.

Anyhow, I had a great workout! My left glute was achey to begin with and I felt slow in my legs... like, I had trouble standing up because my joints still ached from the vacuuming. However, Once I got into it it was fine. I couldn't lift as much on some exercises, but maybe next time I will. I was shaky and really feeling it at the end!! Good workout.

I also didn't do the "beast" abs, where they write the word "beast" with the legs in the air. I did in and outs instead. I like those.

Yesterday was kinda a chill day. There's some plastic bins I like for the bathroom storage and pantry at Hobby Lobby, and they are 50% off. So we went and got some more of those. We binge watched "Mech X4" on Disney plus, and played with legos. We just hung out, which I think we both needed.

Today I have nothing on the schedule, so I will probably make LB help me with yard work and house stuff. Of course, there's always the possibility that friends will come over or she will go to their house, so that might happen. The family down the street is gone for the holiday, so if the lady up the street with LB's BFF call, I will probably let her play and I can get stuff done faster

Eventmom: are you retiring this year? Or do you just have to move out of your office every year? Are you going to be in NM for the summer then? I know you guys are going there after retirement, and your last post made me wonder if this is it!!

So DH is moved out of his old shop, and has turned over the keys. His new shop just needs to be organized, but it is open. It has been a horribly busy 4 weeks or so for him, from 6am to 11pm or later. I think he was over ambitious in his choice of decor for his new shop... he spent probably a week putting wood plank walls up instead of just painting... but it does look nice. It did overextend him though and push his deadlines. He did say he will do different next time (if there is a next time), so hopefully he realizes he isn't finishing a home, but a business!! It does look really good though, I'll give it that!

Hopefully that means that now we can get started again on the garage. it's been stalled for over a month (since this whole shop thing started) so hopefully we can get on it and get done by the end of summer.

Hi Ebianco!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-01-20, 10:56 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.1 day 4 tried workout for your body type cardio didn't finish it. early jessica smith, needs to go.

buzzer - I will work next year for sure - after that if I retire my university will pay 65% of my health insurance and I'll get something of a pension. so if dh retires I probably will also. They remodeled our offices took 2 years, so now the remodel is done and we are moving back. The offices are MUCH smaller I just found out my stuff will not fit. thanks, so much for thinking about faculty work when making changes. I'll bet you are glad dh hubby got his shop finished. maybe if he likes it he'll stay longer!

waves ebianco!