Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-20, 11:45 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did Jenny Ford March Across America Utah for the first time and day 5 of the DYY Strong & Calm Together challenge. I overslept and then didn't follow my plans. Grr. I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making food for my father-in-law and had a chiro appt. Tonight I finished my hat. I think it turned out cute.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 05:21 AM  
Cher

Yesterday I opted to go for an hour walk instead of a basement workout since it was so nice outside.

Vannie - Copper Harbor could be slightly less drivIng time but I’m not positive. (Maybe 13 hours????) If you look at the upper Peninsula of MI, it looks sort of like a bunny jumping , anyway Copper Harbor is at the very tip of the bunny ear. There is not a freeway in the UP so it is slow driving across and up. It is 5 hours from where I live just to the Mackinac Bridge (connection between the LP & UP), then to drive across and up. Glad you like your hat!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 06:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Wow, Cheryl, that's crazy! I had no idea it could take that long within the state. Now you have me wondering how long it would take to drive btwn the two furthest points in MN. I remember crossing the Mackinac Bridge. I don't remember why we decided to go that way but it was beautiful! People have told me I need to go to Mackinac Island but I haven't been to MI since I think I was in college.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 08:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. It’s been a tough week, and now Florida has a rapidly rising Covid rate, something to make you shake your head and ask, “Why?”

Tonight was a 35ish minute run/walk. I am grateful I can run a little more without
much pain.

Cher Happy Anniversary!

I will catch up tomorrow, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 08:20 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: I hate to over sleep even if I'm tired because the whole day is thrown off - even on weekends. I understand your frustration. I find myself wanting to sleep in on the weekend but then when I do by more than a half hour, I find myself overthinking my workout, dragging my feet about doing house work, not wanting to do anything. Even if I'm not feeling wiped out.

Cher: Glad you walked outside and enjoyed the weather. As you know we've hit hump day for the longest day and are on the slide back down. DH never understands why it bothers me. Well, it does. I like light. Especially sunlight. I want to at least see it through a window. Makes things less dreary. With his failing vision you would think he would want more light in the bedroom. Nope. Complains constantly when I'm changing his bandages on his feet when I have the overhead light on so he will often cover his head with his blanket. I guess I don't understand.

Karen: Last week at the university they were virus free... no one in for treatment or in ICU. Not sure how it is going this week. They opened up the hospital last week for 1 visitor per patient and for limited visiting hours. Our local hospitals are still closed down to visitors although about 8/10 times they let me in with him because his abilities continue to decline and no one wants to be the one to help him in the toilet. LOL! On the depressing side the kidney biopsy came back significant diabetic damage. I've known he's had CKD for a while, but now I'm not sure where we are on the failure rating. No nephro appt until the 9th. Feet are doing better somewhat. Doc has talked about doing debridement in the OR and then transferring him to a skilled care facility for healing. If they do that I doubt he ever comes home if he even lasts long enough. He can get pretty depressed and I could see that happening, esp with no visitors allowed. Thank you C-19.

Are you going in Nov to Cathe's RT? I canceled my hotel for the July trip and let KCM know we will all be missing her. I hate this. I really want a break away from all of this - even for 24 hours.

JBliff: I am so bummed. One of my conferences was scheduled to be held in DC. I was so looking forward to having a small amount of time to visit the mall and maybe a museum or two - assuming, of course, that things were open. But alas, it won't matter anyway. Hope you are doing well.

Check in:Last week I did KCM's new solo dumbbell 3x with a rest day / walk day or light cardio day in between. Each time I found myself WIPED out by noon or 2 p.m. I chatted with Kelly and she said to back off HIIT training for a while since I am under so much stress. But, oh, how good that workout feels! But I am backing down a bit, doing more Leslie and doing PT for my neck. I guess I can do it for a while longer. I did Cardio Pump - Pump (weights) yesterday (first weight workout all week) and it felt so good but today I was tired so I did Body Design warm up and 15 minute kickbox workout and a bit of stretching.

Waves to all!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 09:41 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical. Friday's workout was Fit Split Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes.

Gibbee
- Good to hear from you. I'm so sorry you and your DH are still dealing with so much. Good that you are still doing workouts to help cope with the stress. All Smithsonian museums in DC are currently closed until further notice. Our local museums are open since our city has done really well in terms of cases. On July 1 Virginia will move to phase 3 of reopening where most everything is allowed to operate almost normally (up to 75 percent capacity), but everyone is still required to wear masks

Karjoy- It's pretty mind boggling how FL has had 19 straight days of record cases. I guess people are not obeying social distancing rules and wearing masks.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 04:42 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. It’s a scorcher here. I went for a walk earlier and then did 8 sprints. 3 100 meters, 3 thirty meters, and 2 50 meters. Then walked about 10 more minutes. All out sprinting works every muscle and you can feel it. Suggested rest, which I did, is one minute slow walking or even standing around for each 30 meters. Fun!!

We are having some of that Sahara dust here and it’s kinda hazy outside. Air quality is poor. That’s why I elected for short bursts of running with a lot of recovery.

Florida has another day of record high cases. They had to close the bars down yesterday. You can still drink in restaurants both indoors and outdoors. I mean, did they really think people in bars were gong to wear masks or socially distance?
Our governor still does not want to pass a statewide mandate to wear masks.

Jbliff opening to 75% sounds scary but your governor is requiring masks so one would hope that cuts way down on transmission. It makes sense that they would close Smithsonian museums. Just too much pedestrian traffic.

Gibbee so sorry you and DH are still going through a lot. Are these complex wounds to dress? Here in Florida most home wound care if it is all complex
is required to be covered by wound care nurses from a home health agency. I guess because we have a large elderly, vulnerable population. I won’t be going on any Cathe trips. Not sure she will even have them. Our primary care organization requires us to notify HR of any travel so I gotta play it safe.

I’m not looking forward to the 4th of July and an influx of visitors to the beaches.
Ugh...

Waves to Cher and Vannie, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote