Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-22-20, 01:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA hip 1.3.3 day 10 + dance moves from fitprime

buzzer - I try to keep my scale monitoring as sort of hey, hmm, trying not to beat myself up. Tracking calories was eye opening, I wasn't eating enough (1300-1400/day) no wonder I was so hungry! so I'm trying to be the same with the scale although it can be hard. You are working out hard! wow great job.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 08:39 AM  
Buzzer

rest day again.
Body Beast Back and Bis.. not really done. just kinda.

So yesterday we did the little day camp. There was a climbing wall that was probably 150 feet tall. LB and her BFF went to the top! I went maybe 1/2 way up, and just couldn't anymore. I am not a heights person. Archery I LOVED. That was a blast!! Then the horseback ride was fun. They tell you how to turn left and right and "whoa!", but the horses don't care. They've done this ride a million times and they know the trail and can do it in their sleep. I literally just sat there and my horse did everything she was supposed to do when she was supposed to do it. LB did have to direct her horse a bit at the end, which was good because that's what she wanted to do!!

So even though it was a rest day, and I didn't really workout at the camp, it was fun and relaxing. We got home, and I mowed the lawn (a riding mower). We have these little hills, and I tried to mow them but felt the mower starting to tip! I quick corrected and drove off the hill, but I swear, it took one of my nine lives.

THEN, I took the puppy out for his evening constitutional. We were in the furthest part of the yard... as in, can't get any further on 2 1/2 acres. Keep in mind, if we walk the parameter of our triangle shaped yard, it take 7 minutes. It's like a triangle with one really short side, and two really long sides. Anyhow, at the furthest part of the long end of the triangle, the dog is digging for voles. LB and I are looking at him, and the puppy goes down really fast on the ground and looks like he's chasing a vole on the ground. I look but don't see anything, and yell "Leave it!" to him. His nose and head is going back and forth, and he starts whining really loud. I get down as fast as I can, I touch his hurt leg, he does that mouthing thing to me so I know it hurts.

I look around, nothing I can do. Seriously. I don't even have my phone with me. I realize he wasn't looking for a vole, somehow while he was standing there, he must have put too much weight on his leg, or started to fall and caught himself with his bum leg, or something. I have no choice. I pick him up under the doggie armpits, and start carrying him down the yard. I was grunting and groaning and making all sorts of noises trying to carry him up high enough to not let his legs drag.

It took me 4 carries and breaks to carry him all the way down. I mentally had to keep myself going. he weighs 80 pounds now, so it was indeed farmer walks. Every time I put him down he just layed down, so I knew he wouldn't make it on his own. It was getting dark. LB ran ahead of me and held the door open, and I had to muster everything I had to mentally get him up the 2 steps into the house and not whack his leg.

Once he was in, he hobbled around on 3 legs again. I was so full of adrenaline I couldn't shake it. I iced his leg, and he is favoring it again, but at least he's not whining and I can touch his leg now. I think he just stepped wrong or tweaked it, and if you have ever done that to an injured body part, it is horrible pain. But he seems better today. I am hedging on calling the vet, because they will probably tell me to take him in to get him checked out, and I really think he is fine. Since I can touch it, I think I will just let him rest today and take him out just in the "tip" of the yard near the house, and not on a full parameter walk.

Anyhow, to make a long story longer, I used every muscle in that short dog carrying workout. This morning, I was all geared up to do Back and Bis, and there's this muscle right between my shoulder blade and spine, about 1/2 way down my upper back, that has always given me trouble. I started back work, and that muscle was screaming so bad in a dull pain I thought I'd throw up. Sometimes when I workout, it'll calm the muscle down, but today it made it worse. I did the first 2 sets of exercises, then decided I just can't do it. I had to stop. I did the first bicep work of 15 reps then 12 reps, and stopped. It just involves the muscle and I wanted to barf. Not good, not that desperate to workout.

So I must have tweaked it during my farmer doggie walk. Today is an inadvertent rest day.

I lost two lives yesterday of my nine... one with the lawn mower, the other with the puppy. That means the puppy has taken two from me... one when he hurt himself, and one last night!! Why do things always happen when DH isn't around to help??? lesson learned... take my phone with me so I can phone a neighbor to help carry the puppy!! I could have sent LB to get it, but she was kinda yelling and helping me along, so motivating me to keep going. Plus she was holding the dog so he wouldn't get in my way. It just worked out that way.

I had trouble getting to sleep because my adrenaline was still high, so although I slept OK, I didn't sleep great. Just a really crazy evening.

So no workout today, but that may actually be OK. Back at it tomorrow.

Eventmom: I find that I either overeat my calories or under eat. I was probably rarely hitting my mark. I think now that I'm tracking, I am dialing in a little better every day instead of it all trying to balance out in the end!! I would have thought the under eating days would balance out the over, but I don't know if that's true. I kinda like the steady calorie intake day to day instead though.

Hi Ebianco! I hope you had a great party and took some downtime!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 03:48 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

woke up with a bad migraine. did a 30 min essentrics and the overview sections of coregoreous. felt better and went out to ride a horse. she was awful, the worst every that she has ever been. hopefully the medicine is here today that may help her stomach.

just a totally frustrating day. I ordered something from QVC that shipped june 7, got to okc june 9 and not here. so I tried contacting customer service at qvc, they don't have customer service anymore, no phone no email no chat. they have a number, they have a chat box but when you use it it tells you to their on line system for help (meaning if it's not in an FAQ too bad). Tried getting a hold of ups customer service, nope no customer service any more, tried to file a claim the site locked up. so I guess in a couple of days I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company.

this is basically how it all goes right now. DH and DD went on line for absentee ballots and they showed up. Mine didn't, I had to call my election board and deal with email, scanning etc to get mine. no wonder I feel so unproductive.

buzzer - sorry about the puppy that's a long walk! it seems like you are doing what he needs hope he's feeling better already.
Old 06-24-20, 02:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Joyce Vedral - bra roll & boobs all of it. 20 min uptothebeat fitness youtube.

A few tidbits:
1. finally got ahold of qvc, they are shipping a replacement.
2. my horse who was TERRIBLE, like not safe, yesterday was decent today when I rode her.
3. did a search and found out that many people are experiencing weight gain from the migraine med that I'm on. It was marketed as having only injection site pain as a side effect. Also, some posted increased joint pain. So I'm going to have to decide if I can live with increased weight and joint pain or not. But at least I don't think I'm doing something wrong.

hope you are both doing okay!
Old 06-24-20, 03:04 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I sent out a post on Sunday but it must not have gone through! Sorry guys!

Last week I finished up with more Firm Tortoise and Pure Barre. Every week that goes by I am enjoying Firm workouts more and more, and Pure Barre less and less. But I don't want to give up PB or some kind of barre entirely because of the results. So maybe I'll explore my other barre workouts starting this week for variety, and/or return to Barlates.

Last two days planned rest, today started my workout week with Firm Cardio shortened to about 50 minutes. I love this one!

Eventmom and Buzzer My Father's Day/sister birthday party last weekend was really great. We wore masks but otherwise it felt normal...some of us even teared up at moments with the gladness of being all together, physically, in one room again. It was so great we decided to have a second party on July 4 for DH's birthday (and of course the holiday)! It was just completely wonderful to host a party after months of this quarantine business. The food was great (we got Mission BBQ catering - do you guys have Mission BBQ?) and everyone brought different desserts so

My scale broke out of the blue this week, so I went on Amazon, thinking to buy a replacement of the same on I had that just broke, because I like it, and then got caught up looking at all these other scales, that are the same price range, that are super fancy and speak to an app on your phone. And they give you more metrics besides body fat % and BMI (which my current scale has), and presumably tell you if you're dehydrated and what your metabolic age is and other interesting metrics. And the app of course tracks your progress and all that. So I ordered one of those, and should receive it by tomorrow so I'll use it for the first time on Friday! Assuming I can figure out how to synch it LOL.

Eventmom That is terrible news about your migraine medicine although it is probably a relief, in a sense, that it is a common side effect so at least it's not a mystery anymore or that you are doing something wrong! But wow weight gain and joint pain, those are tough side effects on a medicine. Hopefully at least the medicine is very effective on the benefits, to make up for the serious side effects?

Buzzer My job is very stressful. I do really enjoy it and it is worth it, but I do feel like I am under constant stress. And now with the personnel changes it will probably be stressful for another couple of months until new people are put into place.

Wow about your puppy and having tweaked his leg during a very long walk. I hope he didn't set himself back on healing!! And that is a serious workout - Dog Rescue-Max! With an 80# dog. Yeah I would be super sore as well! I'm sorry you tweaked your back. I really hope the upcoming x-ray shows that he has healed and can resume normal activities.
Old 06-25-20, 07:32 AM  
Buzzer

P90X Yoga.. DONE!

I modified the things that I have lots of trouble with... warrior 3, standing split, the balance pose where you hold your toe as you extend your leg in front of you. I used LB's old little recliner to balance with my hands. I didn't go down to the floor, but I felt the work and enjoyed it more!

I always skip the crane (one minute of killing my wrists and getting nothing really accomplished) and abs. So basically I did Yoga for an hour instead of an hour and a half!!

It was good. I needed it and decided I need to try to fit yoga into my rotation. I know I have said it a million times before, but I do!!

Yesterday I loaded about 200 pounds of rocks I had dug up into a wheelbarrow, and wheeled then down the long part of the yard. I am tired of mowing the lawn around obstacles that are either something someone 20 years ago thought was a good idea, or natural obstacles that are annoying. I don't know if the rocks were someones rock garden or natural, or if it's just where someone decided to throw some rocks because they didn't know what to do with them at some point, and I have lived with their poor decision long enough. I moved those rocks down to the other useless rocks I need to figure out what to do with.

I also mowed some more, moved LB's pool, raked, threw branches and pinecones out of the yard... lots of yard work. I realized that I have been doing so much work outside that I have neglected the inside of the house, so I vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, and tried to do some general tidying. I have lots of laundry to fold still, so I will put that on my list for today.

Today I bring my car in to be fixed from the accident at church, so I get a rental.

I'm gonna try back again today and see how that goes. My arms are a little sore from yesterday (either the yoga or rocks).

The puppy is doing fine, although now I am not taking him out further than I am willing to carry him!! He's not happy about that, but I am more comfortable now. I also am trying to take him outside with me more when I sit on the deck so he can have that stimulation. He's being a really good dog about the whole thing, and seems to understand why we are doing what we are doing. He willingly goes into his little cage inside the house (a 3' fence thingie we have from when he was super small that takes up most of the living room).

I am just making sure he has his footing and we avoid hills and things he has to step over!!

I kinda fell off the eating wagon yesterday, but i am right back on it today. I was just sooooo hungry.

I did kick up my water consumption though. working on that still!!

Eventmom: This is like the second or third medication you have been on that causes weight gain, isn't it? I am disappointed they didn't bother to tell you that's a side effect!! It seems like every medicine anymore has that as a side effect. My weight is still holding steady, but I can tell I have gained in the last year or so. I bought clothes last year that fit, and this year they are tight. I wondered if they were maybe a little tight last year and I didn't notice? No. I would have noticed. ugh.

Ebianco: Yay on the party!! I'm glad you guys have another one planned! We are celebrating my nieces graduation mid July, so I get what you are saying about being so excited to get together you just keep planning parties!! That's what we are doing too! HA!

As far as I know, we don't have mission BBQ. I'll have to check. I love BBQ though!

So our scale this week says "low battery" and won't work. I know I need to just change the battery, but I don't know if I am interested enough to do it. The dog loves to sleep in the bathroom because the floor is always cool in there, and when he does he hits the door which hits the scale button which makes it "beep" to get set up to weigh... then it weighs nothing so it goes back to "rest" mode with another beep. we have gotten so used to hearing that beep that we don't even notice it anymore. So the dog has drained the battery, and I think if I replaced it, the only one who would use it is the dog leaning the door against it.

Congratulations on your new scale though! I love bells and whistles, although I end up not using them after a while and just going back to basics! I am a very basic person

So my back is feeling better.... I felt it a bit during yoga, so I tried not to push it. I figure I'll try back and bis, but if it bugs me I'll either go to shoulders or do a cardio. I'll have to see! Hopefully it's better. It's just been a constant off and on thing for as long as I remember. I remember going on a walk with my Mom when I was probably late teens or early 20's and feeling it, so it's definitely something I have had a long time and will probably have the rest of my life. I've never injured it that I can remember, it's just always been a tweaky muscle.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-25-20, 02:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

back to TA year 2 day 1, yikes. back to 30 reps and the chair and I don't have good one. I"m going to have to hunt thrift stores for something better. Charlene Prickett cardio.

ebianco - not sure the med is worth it, it has reduced the number of migraines I have each month but I have a constant headache. The joint pain is a problem because I have RA the rheumatologist has talked about putting me on a stonger (but more side effects) med - so not sure what I will do. hope the new scale is good! I actually seem to have bad luck with new scales, not being able to use them properly. I'm glad you had such a nice time with your family!

buzzer - yeah, so strong antihistimines give me weight gain, the cpap gave me weight gain, now this. When I first started on it, the drug was very new and the claims were no side effects. I wondered several months ago but couldn't find anything else to support my concern. I went back out yesterday and patients are reporting it. I'm sure the drug co. would still say no side effects. Unfortunately, weight gain is not usually monitored as a side effect. hmmm. wow - 200 pounds of rocks!!! do watch your back! that's a lot to move. glad the puppy is doing better.
Old 06-25-20, 03:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hey - I'm going to post these to share before I do let me know if you want any:

gin miller - simply interval
fit prime - pump
slim series - cardio core express
maui pilates
joyce vedral - quick quartet
Old 06-25-20, 03:28 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today I did some Firm Step Aerobics Mix (only about 15 minutes) as a warm up for Barlates Pilates Circle Mat and Barre less the knee dancing, since I'm still trying to avoid kneeling, for an overall 50 minute workout. I may be doing great with Firm and Pure Barre but I forgot about Linda's extreme burnout I really struggled today and am already sore only a couple hours later! So I definitely need to incorporate her workouts more.

Tomorrow I expect some serious DOMS and plan to have an active recovery day, then Firm on Saturday and more Barlates on Sunday.

Eventmom and Buzzer I got my new scale this afternoon! I couldn't wait to try it out so I synched it and took it for a test weigh in with the app, even though I know the numbers will be skewed compared to first thing in the morning. The app shows your numbers as bright green, light green, yellow, or red depending on where your metric should be for your age/gender. I am bright or light green on mostly everything! Except my weight and BMI but I already knew that, LOL. My body fat % shows very different on this scale vs. my old scale (-10% or so ). I always thought the old scale was too high, but I feel like the new % may be too low, LOL. But, I would rather be told it is the lower % than the higher, so we'll go with that I am going to have a lot of fun with the scale. I showed my DH how to set it up too, he can have his own account on his phone and our numbers will be totally separate. The only other factor that came up yellow is my metabolic age, which is 39 (I am 37) so not far off, ideally you want it to be your age or younger. This is based on your BMR, so I'm interested to see if that changes much with the hopes I can trend into a better direction

Eventmom I'm sorry to hear that your migraine medicine is not fully effective, although I know it has been difficult for you to find one that is at all effective. I already have joint pain and can only imagine being on a medicine that contributes to that. That's one of the reasons I try to really to manage my cholesterol through diet. The main cholesterol medicine (statins) is supposed to increase joint pain. It would get my cholesterol way low but I hope to be able to avoid it.

Edited to add: Thank you for offering the workouts but from your list I already have the ones I'd be interested in, LOL!

Buzzer It's funny about the scale because that's how my scale broke. It said low battery and wouldn't work, so I replaced the batteries. Said low battery and wouldn't work changed the batteries again, and then it died completely. LOL

I'm glad your back is feeling better! I'm sure the yoga was restorative. Isn't P90X yoga like 90 minutes? I have long traded away my P90X but even when I had it, I never even tried to tackle a 90 minute yoga workout.

We actually just ordered lava rocks to replace our mulch, so my DH and I will be doing Yardwork Max soon too

I'm glad your puppy seems to have wizened up to his situation! I'm glad he is being more cautious. I'm not sure my young dogs would be smart enough for that, they definitely get smarter about that kind of thing with age (I have a 2 and 3 year old, and a 10 year old).
Old 06-26-20, 06:38 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast back and bis... DONE!

I went tenderly at first, but once I realized that muscle wasn't going to act up, I just went for it. I did it as a paper workout, and turned on my favorite Christmas movie "It's a Wonderful Life" while I did it. I hate 15 reps, but watching George Bailey while I was doing the "1,1,2" bicep curls made it go faster!!

I have been using a doubled up heavy band for my pull-ups, because although I have a pull-up bar, I don't have the strength to pull up. I ordered a pull up assist off Amazon the other day, it's one where there's 3 bands, each taking 30 pounds of weight, so I can progressively do pull-ups. well, it won't be delivered until sometime between July 2 and August 15 Quite the range!

So I decided to put a chair under the pull-up bar, and I would keep one foot on the chair and tap the other one to the floor, then push off the floor to give myself some momentum to get up, and then stand on the chair again. I tried to use my back as much as possible like I was doing a pull-up, but this was much more doable until the assist comes sometime in the next week to two months!!

I didn't feel that muscle at all, so I'm not gonna question it. Just gonna go with it!! This is my last week of doing the build workouts, then I do the "beast" workouts. I am gonna try to see if I can do them on paper too, probably the first week do them with Sagi to understand the exercises. As much as I used to hate paper workouts unless I was at the gym, I am liking these as paper. I think he goes too fast otherwise, but they are organized really well.

Today will probably be cardio and abs day. My abs yesterday were SORE. I think from the yoga and yard work. Today I still feel them, but not as much. I'll have to see if they feel OK to work!

Eventmom: I am with Ebianco, all the workouts I would be interested in, I have!! What a buncha vidiots we are. You reminded me though that I need to get rid of some videos, probably just donate them (the Jilian Michaels for sure). I need to go through and pare down some more too. I think I would get to chasing shiny workouts, and think "oh it's only $10/$15. I'll try it. It's not too expensive" but then when it all adds up, it sure was!! For workouts I oftentimes didn't even do. I have learned from my bad habits though and now I am more careful with my video shopping!

Ebianco: we have so many stinking rocks I don't know what to do with! Besides the ones that just naturally are in our yard from living in the foothills, the people before us apparently bought river rocks and they have all been piled up by the deck since... well, probably since we moved in 15 years ago. I put the rocks I moved over with those rocks. I also have probably 2 tons of rock around my old pond that I didn't know what to do with so I put it around the pond. All that has to be moved too, but where? I don't need this rock!! Good luck with your lava rock! I do love lava rock because it is so light and looks nice!

P90X yoga is 90 minutes. However, when I skip the crane, the yoga belly 7, and the just laying on your back stuff, it's about an hour. More doable! It's one of my favorite yogas because the sun salutations are at a minimum. I am so tired of sun salutation. I swear, is yoga only that series? Because it seems like it. Don't people who do a lot of yoga just want to gouge out their own eyes from boredom of the repetitiveness of it every day? I just hate sun salutations!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14