Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-18-20, 10:03 AM  
Buzzer

Ballroom Aerobics.. DONE!
Body Beast Shoulders..DONE!

So I have BB cardio a good shake. I started, the first exercise was squat with overhead press. For a minute and a half. I did the first 30 seconds, and the whole time was thinking "I have to work shoulders tomorrow! Why am I doing this????" and realized that the cardio is not for me. So, I took it out and put in ballroom aerobics. I loved it! I didn't get all the steps, especially the tango close, but I had fun and it did have some weights in it. So I justified that it is close to being like the BB cardio

Shoulders, I went up in weight on a few of the exercises, and took longer rests on some. The only way to go up in weight and be challenged was to take longer rests, so I did. Otherwise, the option was to keep it at a semi-challenging weight, and use the shorter rests. Since it's kinda Sagi's workout more than a workout with me video, I made it my workout and rested longer so I could go up in weight! I also took a little more time on some of the exercises where he is basically throwing the weight up and down. I don't do that, so I took longer and paused.

I still like the workouts, but am remembering what drove me nuts about it before, and I'm trying not to let it make me crazy this time!

My delts are pleasantly sore right now.

I went about 100 calories over my "target" yesterday, however I also got 17,,500 ish steps in. I worked on the hole for my pond for a few hours. I would work abut 15 minutes, then take a break to cool down. 15 minutes, cool down. for a few hours. It was hot! I checked the temp and it was 87.... that's when I decided I would stop and wait for a cooler day to finish.

I am feeling good about my 100 calories over

Today is busy again. I have to get a battery for our lawn mower, do taxes at DH's shop, put the battery in, and mow the lawn. Also finish my hole and hopefully get the deck prepped for staining... unless it rains today like it's supposed to. I may have to shelve that idea.

Eventmom: I'm sorry about the beeping noise. Seriously, why do things like that only happen in the middle of the night? the only time the smoke detector beeps low battery? middle of the night. Only time the stupid alarm clock with low bettery (a stupid feature, I would add) is in the middle of the night. I swear they are programmed that way.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 01:33 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

ta hip 1.3.3 day 7 + 20 min uptothebeat fitness youtube cardio

buzzer - well I lost the weight I gained, 1.4 pounds in one day ... water weight of course. I didn't log but I knew what I was eating and I'm sure I was pretty on track. yeah on the beeping you're right it is always in the middle of the night, sigh. what is it with 'cardio' that isn't cardio? always pisses me off!

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 02:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All,

Oops I got behind again.

Last Sunday: Firm cardio from Light Aerobic Mix and Aerobic Butt Busters then Pure Barre Resistance #1.

Mon-Tues: Planned rest days

Yesterday: Unplanned rest day. I'm having a difficult time of it with stress. I had a head ache/stomach ache combination from the stress I'm under. In a nutshell, there are some personnel changes at work that are affecting me and causing stress, ugh.

Today: Firm Volume 3 abbreviated to 55 minutes by removing the bridge work and the final cardio set. I thought I tested my knee enough with the other aerobic tunes. Anyway I love this workout!

I am emotionally out of sorts this week, and also have to scramble to clean because we are having a Father's Day party on Saturday, so not sure how hard I am going to push it with exercise. But I'll definitely be showing up until Sunday as scheduled!

Eventmom The water weight always gets me on the scale too, LOL. My weight has increased slightly in direct correlation with more sugary snacking, unfortunately. I did much better yesterday and hope to stay on the path.

Buzzer and Eventmom My experience doing intermittent fasting is that I may have a 30 minute period of "I'm hungry" signs coming from my body, but engage in something else like checking emails, the hunger goes away, then I am not hungry for another hour or two. The more I fast is the more I can pass time without eating. It is not 'a little hungry' though, I would say it just a perfect neutral feeling. I wouldn't want to feel a little hungry all day! Of course I am a little hungry now between meals. Even in my eating window (about 6 hours-from 12:00 pm which may end up being 1-2:00 pm until 6-7 pm) I try not to snack between my two big meals. I would never try to even attempt fasting for 10 days. That is just way over the top.

I don't really know how much times it saves, I know that's a big selling point of IF. But I love cooking and thinking about future meals Buzzer, I have also tried looking at food as just fuel, and not a food experience, and my heart isn't in it. It is difficult to think of food as just a means to an end (feeling full) and not a fun experience.

I really hope your puppy has fully healed. Will there be any lasting damage or he's all good? I'm sure his young age will help with the healing process.

LB's birthday sounded fun!
Old 06-19-20, 10:01 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 1.3.3 day 8 + 20 min dc

so I gained back 1.2 pounds. I have no idea how to lose weight.

ebianco - we are missing going out to eat and I realize it about that experience not just the actual food. take out is okay, but not nearly the same.

hi buzzer!
Old 06-19-20, 01:32 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

As I suspected, I've been dragging a bit in the energy department, but I still did some Simone rebound and Pure Barre Sculpted Abs #1, the warm up through seat for about a 45 minute workout.

Eventmom My hubby and I went out to eat for our anniversary the other night - they just opened up restaurants at half capacity last weekend. We still had to wear a mask to get in the restaurant and to go to the restroom, and the waiter wore a mask, but we didn't have to wear them at our table, thank goodness. It was really nice to get out again. I agree it's a totally different experience than just take out.

Buzzer waves!
Old 06-20-20, 07:12 AM  
Buzzer

Buns of Steel step 2k just the step part.... DONE!!
Abs of steel program 2... DONE!

I love both of these! I was going to take a rest day, and a rest day is programmed into the rotation, but I really wanted to do the step and abs. Only one day of cardio a week in the BB program, which is fine since I don't like cardio, but I wanted a second day. I had a blast! I love this step workout.

So when I lived in town (before I was married), I used to ride my bike so much. I loved taking it to the downtown area of my city to browse, I rode it to work, I just went on bike rides. Then, I met DH, and he started taking me on trails that were thin and made me nervous, bumpy and hilly. He started going fast down hills and challenging me. He even took me to ski slopes where you'd ride up the lift, then go down on your bike. It was hell. I hated it. Instead of challenging me, it made me hate bike riding. I still, to this day, hate bike riding. LB says "let's go on a bike ride!" my stomach ties up in knots. I hate it.

Anyhow, that's how I feel about cardio. I loved these BOS and AOS cardios, I loved running. Then, I tried Cathe. Cardio became more of a challenge to overcome and learn, and less of a joy. I hate complicated steps that they don't seem to slip up on, I being lost on the choreography, and I hate the pace. As for running, I moved to the foothills where there's nothing but huge hills anywhere I ran, and I started to hate running.

So, it's interesting to me that I am loving my cardio again! I know I will OD on BOS, AOS and Ballroom Aerobics, but for now, if they are only in my rotation 1-2 times a week, I am loving it again!!! Now to love my bike again... I need to keep it simple. Too bad I didn't learn that lesson 15 years ago when I was learning to hate cardio! I would get defeated, keep trying, get more defeated, finally realize I just can't do this, and quit.

The Abs of Steel was a good one. It is a lot of upper and lower body lifts, which I love. I hate planks, hate them. So this old school abs is perfect for me too!!

I spent the afternoon sorting the shed, trying to figure out what we have in there, how best to have it in there... when we walked in, there were boxes of papers on the shelves right in front of you. Why? We don't use papers. But the summer stuff was tucked off in the back where we had to struggle to access it, so we didn't get it out. So, I took the big, heavy, huge boxes of paper off the shelf above my head, and tried to shuffle them over to the "dead" area of the shed where the other paper is. I lifted a lot, I bent a lot to get little tools and stuff to sort onto shelves. I was amazed at all the little extra doo dads we have.

I am still not done with the shed, but hopefully today I will get back to it. as long as it doesn't rain like yesterday, I should be able to finish that, finish my pond hole, and hopefully start moving dirt to level under the greenhouse. Lots to do!

Plus the house needs to be cleaned. Don't know how to fit that in.

Eventmom: So I've been watching calories for a little over a week. I don't weigh myself because it's depressing, but no change in how the clothes fit. I feel slimmer, less bloated (I think that's from drinking more water maybe?), but clothes fit the same. I am afraid to weigh and see a pound or two lost, then weigh again and see it back!!! I'll stick with not weighing and going on how my clothes feel.

I do remember, a long time ago when I worked at EAS, he would have people watch every day, but Sunday (or whatever day you wanted) was a "Free" day, where you wouldn't watch, didn't go completely crazy, but could eat stuff you couldn't eat the rest of the week. So not like 4 whole pizzas and a 2 liter of coke, but more like a piece of pizza and some Doritos that day. Kinda to keep your body guessing. It worked in his program, maybe like intermittent fasting or calories... we need to look at cycling calories!

Of course, I have no idea how to lose weight either. So take that for what it's worth. I used to call things "velcro wall... throw enough at it, something has to stick". I think I am using velcro wall in trying to lose weight. I don't even know what to do.

Eventmom and Ebianco: So I am missing the experience of going out the eat too. DH has gone out probably 3 or 4 times since restaurants have reopened (for his job), but since he is either at his regular job or down at his new shop getting it ready to open until midnight, I haven't been to a restaurant. I am DYING to. LB was so sweet. She knows how much I just want to go to eat and have someone serve the food to me and clean up afterwards, and she got me a drink, then refilled it whenever it got low.
She did what she could!!!

I agree, takeout isn't the same. Nothing about it, except the food, is the same. I need to go out to eat!!! Not gonna happen until at least July though. Hopefully then things slow down for DH and we can go. I should just go with LB, but we just haven't. I don't know. It isn't the same as going with my whole family.

Ebianco: sorry about the stress you are under. It seems like you have been under constant stress in your job for quite a few months. I'm sorry. Jobs shouldn't be like that. I know they sometimes can be, but that's too much to ask anyone, just for a paycheck. I hope it lets up soon! That's no way to live

Have fun at the Father's Day party!!I hope you get to relax, enjoy, and unwind. I have never thought of a Father's Day party. That actually is a good idea!

The puppy is doing good. His staples are out, and instead of 3, 5 minute walks a day, I am trying for 4. We circle the yard once. He wants to chase bunnies and run and play. Sometimes I joke he's like a draft horse pulling me around the yard. I have to try to keep him at a walk or a fast walk, which is tough! I'm glad he's 75 pounds, and not 100! He's strong. But it also gets him using his leg to try to go go go, so I suppose that's the good part.

He goes back in at 5 weeks, so in about another 2 1/2 weeks, to get it x-rayed and see how it's healing. Then he will either be released to run, or have another 2-3 weeks of restraint. I feel like we are out of the woods on the hard part, where he had the highest risk of re-injury. Now we are just having trouble channeling his energy into something other than running in the yard and chasing bunnies!! LB and I have been bringing him out onto the deck with us whenever we sit outside. That kinda gives him something to do, and I think gets some of his energy out by watching things and being alert. Kinda like how sitting in a lecture all day will make you tired. I figure that's what I'm kinda doing.

Anyhow, puppy is still going, the older dog loves not having to get off his fat butt and play with the puppy, I am getting a lot more steps in from walking around the yard so much, plus I am learning where every rock, hill, and piece of trash is in our whole yard. I have looked around, realized we have 2 1/2 acres of blank canvas, and I'm trying to figure out how to use it!! I guess that's called "walking around and spending money in my head".

The garage is on hold until DH is done with his new shop and things calm down. We did order the blocks, so hopefully that gets us kicked into motion when they arrive!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-20-20, 06:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

had a clinic with my horse today so I did 20 min yoga before (caribbean aerobics), then after my ride did callanetics express total body and 10 min of cardio.

ebianco - it is nice to go out! we are getting take out from a high end restaurant for father's day. DH and I are high risk so we aren't comfortable eating out. And Oklahoma's number of positive tests has been steadily rising. Our state government is in the 'let the weak die' category.

buzzer - my scale is all over the place. I have no idea but at least keeping track has helped me realize a few things - mostly that being below 1500 calories is not good and some days I was. Not that I lost weight so no point in being that hungry. glad the puppy is doing better!
Old 06-21-20, 07:04 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Chest and Tris... DONE!

The power went out about 10 minutes before I was going to workout. DH and LB went to town to work on his new shop, so I waited for them to go to workout. Since the power was out, I just did the workout as a paper workout. It was actually good! I went at my pace, I didn't feel pressure to finish a set or a rep, and rested how long I thought I should rest. Probably too long, but I still got the workout done in about 50 minutes (it's a 48 minute workout when Sagi does it) so I think that I did fine.

I really enjoyed it! Since I dread leg day, I have never liked working legs, I think I will do it as a paper workout today and see if I like it more. Less pressure for shorter rests, and I don't have to find the remote to pause him to rest!! I don't know if I like having the video on for background noise or motivation. I guess I will find out!

I spent yesterday doing stuff, but doing nothing. I got new grommets put in the shade sails on the back deck so I could anchor them to the house better in the wind. I went to hobby lobby and Home Depot. I walked the puppy a few times. Mostly just kinda did stuff, but feel like I did nothing. However, LB was in town, so it was quiet!! That was great! I have had no breaks to think since this whole Covid stuff started. It was good to have the whole day, my brain needed it.

Today DH is working at his shop again, and has like 3 other men helping him. So I think I will postpone Father's Day until he is available again!

I didn't eat well yesterday, I know I went way over my calories, but it was fine. My binge day, I refuse to beat myself up anymore. It never worked in the past. Today is a new day, I will do my best today!

Eventmom: DH is in a super high risk category too. He has a lung disease as well as 25% reduced capacity in his lungs. I don't know how he's doing the eating out thing, whether he is wearing a mask or not. I actually hadn't thought about that. Guess I should ask him!

I'm usually about around where I'm supposed to be. She said something like be within 50 calories either way, and I pretty much am. Yesterday I definitely wasn't. I think I had one day of under eating by too much. Otherwise, I am pretty much trying to be on target. Still no change in clothes fitting. So I guess those days of under eating shouldn't set you behind at all. HA!

Ebianco: I hope your party today is fun!!! Relax and enjoy!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 06-21-20, 10:48 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 1.3.3 day 9 + 20 TA cardio

actually lost a little bit of weight yesterday.

Buzzer - I think colorado has been more careful than Oklahoma so hopefully it is safer to eat out. Oklahoma is one of the states that national news papers talk about when they cover states that reopened and have steadily rising # of cases. and keep on the reopening trajectory. The OU md that is our covid 'czar' says we should not keep reopening but of course that is counter to the governor wants. I don't get how lots of people ending up too sick to work, hospitalized or dead actually helps the economy.

hi ebianco!
Old 06-22-20, 06:29 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Legs... DONE!

I went up in weight on a few exercises. I did it as a paper workout, and watched the Firm 20 questions about fitness, and Firm pointers while I worked out

I pushed myself a little harder. I forget about the vest, and found I did a set of squats with the 20 pound vest PLUS 40 pound weights in my hands. It was the set of 8, and the last 2 reps were very tough. BUT, that is a total of 100 pounds on my squat. I wonder if the vest makes the weight somehow easier? I know I used to do more than 100 pounds on my squats with the smith machine loooong ago, but I'm surprised I can do it now. I even kept my form. I guess weight is weight, but it just makes me either pretty impressed with myself, or wondering what the trick is!

I went up in weight on the Bulgarian squats, which is where you're in a lunge position with the back leg on the step. So instead of holding 12's on the last set of 8, I held 15's. It was very hard, but I am glad I went up! I kept the weight the same on the 15 rep and 12 rep sets though. Most of the weight increases I did were on the 8 rep sets.

I worked really hard, and felt my muscles that little tearing feeling, where they aren't tearing but they feel like they are. Hard to explain, but usually when I push them hard enough I feel that. So yesterday I felt it a bit, this morning I don't really feel it, but I have a feeling tomorrow I will walk around like I rode a horse all day.

Speaking of riding horses, after I finished leg day, I talked to the lady up the street and their family signed up for a day camp (the place LB went to camp last year is offering day camps for families) and asked us if we wanted to go. So this morning we signed up and are going there for an hour horse ride, 1.5 hours of archery, and 1.5 hours of climbing. Then we get lunch and "tee pee time", whatever that is. I am both excited and nervous! I'm sure it'll be fine, it's for kids 5 and above so they won't be putting me on a cliff or anything, but I am not good with heights. I will try the climbing, but will tap out if it's too much for me!

So tomorrow I probably will feel like I rode a horse all day!! HA! I am not doing my back and bis today then, and I'm counting the camp as my workout. I did cardio and abs on my rest day last week, so this will either be a good workout or a rest day.

Yesterday was overcast and chilly, today is supposed to be 70 and rainy. Hopefully it doesn't rain the whole time we are there!

Eventmom: see? that's another reason I'm not weighing. I would cheer to see it budge lower, then I would beat myself up when it goes higher again. I can't win with the weighing game! I hope the losses eventually go more than the gains. I guess I just will keep plugging along, and add the calorie counter to my repertoire but not count on it doing anything. ugh.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14