Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-18, 01:36 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I think a lot depends on where you live. I'll be keeping it. We live in a rural area so going to where the big box stores to stock up is a 75 mile round trip. For the next year or so I'm working more so it's not as convenient to run down on a weekday, which I used to do twice a month. Especially with gas approaching $4 a gallon or more most places here.

The shipping subsidy still makes it worthwhile for us. Don't use the music service, watch some videos and I borrow a book a few times a year. If we lived in a place where shopping was more convenient, I'd seriously reconsider. I'm not so hung up on getting stuff in two days (it never applied to us in HI anyhow) but I'm usually pleasantly surprised at how fast things arrive. Unless they never do, then I get a duplicate shipment. The record is for the original shipment to arrive TWO months after the dupe. Guess packages get wanderlust or something.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 05:36 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
I'm keeping it. I use everything. A free book every month just about covers the cost.
You get a free book every month? How? Is it an electronic book?
Old 05-16-18, 07:29 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

We'll be keeping it. We have an Alexa, which requires Amazon Prime, plus we use Prime Music a lot. It's really great to be able to just ask Alexa to play any specific song you can possibly think of and 95% percent of the time she can. Or to ask her to play a specific type of music. Like "Play music from the 20's"

I'm also still finding quite a lot on Prime Movies/TV that I enjoy, so we're getting our money's worth that way too.

I'm not sure I was really aware of the free book each month, and would love to hear about how to find that also!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 07:32 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
You get a free book every month? How? Is it an electronic book?
Yes it's an electronic kindle book (can be read on other devices). https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/firstreads
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 08:17 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
We'll be keeping it. We have an Alexa, which requires Amazon Prime, plus we use Prime Music a lot. It's really great to be able to just ask Alexa to play any specific song you can possibly think of and 95% percent of the time she can. Or to ask her to play a specific type of music. Like "Play music from the 20's"

I'm also still finding quite a lot on Prime Movies/TV that I enjoy, so we're getting our money's worth that way too.

I'm not sure I was really aware of the free book each month, and would love to hear about how to find that also!
I get an email every month saying it is time to choose from these books. I don't have kindle anymore but I still try to do a book a month. Some months the choice is not that great. If I ever get a kindle again, I have quite a few books to load. I guess I am old fashioned and still like the real book.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 08:26 AM  
ellaenchanted

Yes, I use Prime video, Kindle First books, the kindle lending library a lot. I actually do get my 2-day shipping in 2 days and sometimes even one day and I buy quite a bit from amazon.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 09:12 AM  
sherry7899

I also have an Amazon Visa, so I use those rewards points I rack up every month. That helps make Prime worth it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 09:34 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I get an email every month saying it is time to choose from these books. I don't have kindle anymore but I still try to do a book a month. Some months the choice is not that great. If I ever get a kindle again, I have quite a few books to load. I guess I am old fashioned and still like the real book.
I always get one of those books even though I almost never read them because once in a while I can then later pick up the audible book for a reduced price because I have already "purchased" the kindle version.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 11:31 AM  
Demeris

Yes, I have no television and use my iMac to watch Prime Video (Bosch!!!!!). I use their Prime Music every day. I buy food, clothing, tools, small appliances, car repair stuff, pet care stuff, jewelry, furniture, office supplies, shoes, electronics, as well as, books regularly.

I also live in a very rural area, so the free shipping is very, very, very important to me. The only disappointment I have is that they can't do Prime Fresh in my area.

I know they're a monopoly. If I lived in a metropolitan area, I probably would shop more locally.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18, 11:46 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Keeping, I buy all sorts of stuff from them enjoy the free books every month, and the lending library, and I watch a lot of t.v. shows and movies via Prime.

They sent me an email saying mine would renew at $99 since my membership renews in June, so that was a big plus, too.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime