Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-16, 12:30 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Another vote for the benefits of Pilates! For me it prevents back pain, improves posture, tones, strengthens, and just feels good!
+2! I couldn't have said it better. Since starting Pilates by Lisa I just feel so darn good physically and otherwise. (I have back issues that flare up due to lifestyle reasons, but Pilates helps work it out).

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 12:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Another Pilates fan here.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 01:01 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I am a very recent PBL convert. I think I'm about six days in now. Really enjoying it after never ever clicking with pilates. And crazy enough, I feel like I'm already seeing some results. Maybe there are "magic" workouts for different bodies.

Hope you feel better, flamingoo!!
I'm only 4 or 5 days in, but I'm enjoying Lisa's pilates workouts, too. That's a surprise; I've never enjoyed pilates or floor work before. The reason I signed up for Pilates by Lisa's free 10-day trial was because my back became a little cranky in the mornings when I first woke. Things are "back" to normal since I began doing the PBL workouts this week. So, like Bee, I'm already seeing results.

Flamingoo, I hope you feel better. Classical Stretch and Essentrics don't work for all bodies. Some bodies find it therapeutic while others find it problematic. Two or three years ago, VF had a long thread about problems others also experienced.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 02:14 PM  
flamingoo

Pilates use to be my mainstay years and years ago, but " bigger" and "better" things came around ( or so I thought). Glad you all are having such great results. Even though I have weight to lose, I'm to the point in my life where I need to find workouts to help heal my body, not cause more problems!

Cheri - are you( or anyone else) starting a pilates by lisa check- in, November? Or am I imaging that
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 02:42 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Pilates use to be my mainstay years and years ago, but " bigger" and "better" things came around ( or so I thought). Glad you all are having such great results. Even though I have weight to lose, I'm to the point in my life where I need to find workouts to help heal my body, not cause more problems!

Cheri - are you( or anyone else) starting a pilates by lisa check- in, November? Or am I imaging that
We have a Pilates check-in but I would be more than happy to start a November Challenge thread!
Old 10-20-16, 03:21 PM  
Aunt Famous

Flamingoo:

After a brief bout with Cathe -- and all sorts of nagging pains and nascent overuse injuries -- I returned to Pilates. I typically train 45 minutes a day, and it's usually a mixture of Pilates, boxing, and light weights. I like how I look, but even better, I love how I feel. Back pain resolved! Knee pain gone! Better posture! Smaller waist! Improved sleep! More flexibility!

Pilates for the hotties, baby.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 03:50 PM  
Ricka

Hi everyone.
Those of you who find a benefit (back pain relief, shoulder pain relief, etc) from practicing Pilates DVDs, do you have any titles that you recommend? I'd love to look into them. Thanks.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-16, 06:14 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Flamingoo:

After a brief bout with Cathe -- and all sorts of nagging pains and nascent overuse injuries -- I returned to Pilates. I typically train 45 minutes a day, and it's usually a mixture of Pilates, boxing, and light weights. I like how I look, but even better, I love how I feel. Back pain resolved! Knee pain gone! Better posture! Smaller waist! Improved sleep! More flexibility!

AF

That's so awesome! What are your favorites??
Old 10-21-16, 06:15 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
We have a Pilates check-in but I would be more than happy to start a November Challenge thread!

I would love that! I need something to keep me on track
Old 10-21-16, 06:50 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Flamingoo:

AF

Looks like a great rotation you have - do you do each everyday or do you have a rotation you do? I am doing kettlebells right now so that would be my weights and I am doing boxing for my cardio. I do add in yoga/pilates in the evening but only about 15 minutes.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jules benson, mini ball, pilates, pilates ball, pilates band, pilates by lisa, pilates for back pain, winsor ball