Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-15, 07:53 PM  
ghm

Workout 6 John Wolf
2 hand kettlebell split squat 5 each side on the 30 x 3
Staggered stance front loaded good morning 8 on a side on the 30 x 4 (L, R, L, R)
Strict push ups 10 on the 30 x 3
Single side suitcase deadlift 5 on each side on the 30 x 3
One hand kb push up 5 each side on the 30 x 3
Split stance kb row 12 on a side on the 30 x 4 (L, R, L, R)
2 handed half kneeling push press 4 on each side on the 30 x 3
2 hand kb split squat 5 on each side on the 30 x 3
kb goblet squat 10 on the 30 x 3
split stance kb row 12 on a side on the 30 x 4 (L, R, L, R)

this was about 19/20 minutes
ghm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 06:38 PM  
ghm

workout 7 Mark de Grasse

sit up and twist to each side 5 (10 total) on the 30 x 3
windmill 5 reps each side on the 45 x 3
push up shoulder touch 10 on 30 x 3
halo to curl 5 on the 30 x 3
extended sit ups holding kb on the 30 x 3
deadlift 10 on the 30 x 3
bent over one arm row 5 on each side (10 total) on the 30 x 3
sit up to twist each side 5 on the 30 x 3
pull over to press 5 on the 30 x 3
Old 08-29-15, 06:43 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

GHM - thank you so much for all your work compiling and posting these breakdowns. It's very helpful!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 11:19 AM  
Chomper

I really appreciate these breakdowns too. Thank you!

Is there a music off option so I can play my own? That's pretty important to me.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 04:05 PM  
ghm

firmdancer- I am enjoying these workouts so glad to provide the breakdowns.

chomper- there isn't any music off option that I can find. However, when I minimized the volume, I could still hear Mark on the workout. Although the music is hardly noticeable and much more in the background than on the FIF videos it still might be frustrating for you to try to play your own music over it.

workout 8 John Wolf - ~ 20 minutes
hip opening mountain climber (mountain climber but bring foot to outside of hand) 14 on 30 x 3
2 handed bridge press 10 on 30 x 3
2 hand kb split squat 10 (5 each side) on the 30 x 3
split stance row 12 on the 30 x 4 (L, R, L, R)
2 handed half-kneeling push press 4 rep per side on the 30 x 3
staggered stance front loaded good morning 8 reps on the 30 x 4 (L, R, L, R)
hip opening mountain climber 14 reps on the 30 x 3
one handed kb pushup 5 reps each side on the 30 x 3

gail
Old 08-31-15, 07:01 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I haven't been on the forum much over the last month and didn't read the whole thread so I am not sure about this. Is this thread about Mark's DVD- Mega Mad Essentials?
http://markdegrasse.com/megamad-essentials-workout-dvd/

He has a special on it which includes a digital paper version as well as the DVD for $14.95 (normally $24.99)

The digital version is available today but I got a "last chance email" on 8/25 for the current promotion. Just ordered it even though I haven't used a DVD in ages. The digital version sucked me in. Love Mark and even though I can't do many kb exercises I think there will be plenty here to keep me busy.

ETA: I see that the link I provided is for an actual DVD released by Mark and not Onnit (glad he is not associated with them anymore) and you are discussing a download/thumb drive offering. I am also tempted by this: http://markdegrasse.com/fitness-eboo...ional-fitness/
Wasn't there a discussion about this e-book somewhere? I thought the DVD I linked to above was related to this e-book. Once again I jumped on something before I got full details.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 08:20 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm View Post
firmdancer- I am enjoying these workouts so glad to provide the breakdowns.

chomper- there isn't any music off option that I can find. However, when I minimized the volume, I could still hear Mark on the workout. Although the music is hardly noticeable and much more in the background than on the FIF videos it still might be frustrating for you to try to play your own music over it.

gail
Thanks Gail!

I usually have to put up the volume so I can hear the instructor over the music I am playing, so it doesn't sound like it would work well. Unless I listen to the cues ahead of time and then mute it during the workout and just follow along visually. Decisions, decisions.

The breakdowns look so good!
Old 08-31-15, 08:24 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I haven't been on the forum much over the last month and didn't read the whole thread so I am not sure about this. Is this thread about Mark's DVD- Mega Mad Essentialst?
http://markdegrasse.com/megamad-essentials-workout-dvd/

He has a special on it which includes a digital paper version as well as the DVD for $14.95 (normally $24.99)

The digital version is available today but I got a "last chance email" on 8/25 for the current promotion. Just ordered it even though I haven't used a DVD in ages. The digital version sucked me in. Love Mark and even though I can't do many kb exercises I think there will be plenty here to keep me busy.

ETA: I see that the link I provided is for an actual DVD released by Mark and not Onnit (glad he is not associated with them anymore) and you are discussing a download/thumb drive offering. I am also tempted by this: http://markdegrasse.com/fitness-eboo...ional-fitness/
Wasn't there a discussion about this e-book somewhere? I thought the DVD I linked to above was related to this e-book. Once again I jumped on something before I got full details.
Oh boy! Good price, but then I have to finally buy a sandbag... Let us know how it is!
Old 08-31-15, 02:41 PM  
SquishyMommy

Did anyone who pre-paid get access to their digital version yet? I thought it was supposed to be available today but haven't received a link to it or anything yet.
Old 08-31-15, 03:11 PM  
anik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Did anyone who pre-paid get access to their digital version yet? I thought it was supposed to be available today but haven't received a link to it or anything yet.
This morning I emailed Mark asking about a digital version, here is what he said:

"... I am running a bit behind, but the digital will be emailed out to everyone with the link. I am raising the price today to $24.99 and updating the website with the current status. It is packed with content and will be one of my best DVDs to date."

Can't wait!!! I am so excited!

HTH
anik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mark degrasse