Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-15, 02:03 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
How much of a difference is there between these and 21 Day and 15 minute? I gave up on buying new Leslies because they were all the same.
I may be in the minority but I like the 5 Fat Burning Miles least of all her walking workouts-and I have them all. The outfits are darker so it isn't as bright to look at. There is more time spent on simple marching because of the upper body moves in Brain Booster and Posture walk. So the upper body moves are more innovative than lower body. I prefer more variety of walking moves. For 15 minute walks I prefer the Walk On 15 minute DVD.

As far as 21 Day and this one, the two I viewed were different enough to warrant having but there is still some of the same music and moves as they are walking workouts. One thing I like is how Jessica has a different focus for walks, i.e. Abs, Dance, Posture, Pyramid, etc.
Old 08-29-15, 02:26 PM  
sherry7899

Cheri- you are not alone in your thoughts on the five fat burning miles. I enjoy her other walks much more. I love the length but the marching in place bothers my lower back.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 04:28 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I may be in the minority but I like the 5 Fat Burning Miles least of all her walking workouts-and I have them all. The outfits are darker so it isn't as bright to look at. There is more time spent on simple marching because of the upper body moves in Brain Booster and Posture walk. So the upper body moves are more innovative than lower body. I prefer more variety of walking moves. For 15 minute walks I prefer the Walk On 15 minute DVD.
I'm with you completely! In fact, I'm about ready to put 5 Fat Burning Miles into my charity donation stack. I've found these walks boring, compared to the Walk On 15 Minute DVD which I thought was great.
Old 08-29-15, 04:58 PM  
smissy

I jumped the gun and am on Day 5 of her rotation. I did the 40 minute Mega
Burn walk this morning and loved it. I have to agree that that her Five Mile Walk DVD is my least favorite.
I find Jessica's workouts balanced and her chatter doesn't grate me the way Leslie's can at times. I really like Leslie, but IMO, she can be off beat and sometimes talks too long, resulting in doing a particular move for what seems (to me) an eternity. Jessica (again, for me) has the right variety of movement and her encouraging comments and instruction comes at the perfect time. I may not ALWAYS feel this way but I do now.
I really like the white set and there are subtle changes (flowers, vases in different colors) on each DVD that makes it enjoyable.
I'm 59 and I really like how her emphasis is on fitness, balance, and health. I usually follow Jessica, though I never take it up to a jog. I love her youtube channel and will many days supplement with a short workout or stretch (I did her foam roller 15 minute last night).
smissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 06:29 PM  
Sollamyn

I am planning to start the rotation on the 1st, so I've only previewed the introductions on each DVD, previewed pyramid walk, and did the 15-minute Calorie Burst and the healthy back bonus workout so far. I liked both of these workouts. The cardio workout got my entire body moving (a few big arm circles at the beginning felt good after a rough day at the office) and helped pick me up after my long day, and then I did the back workout to complement my core workout that I had done earlier that day. It works for me! Some of the moves are very similar to some of my physical therapy exercises that I do for my back--only tougher!

Donna
Old 08-29-15, 06:46 PM  
Betty Boop

Interesting -- the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk is no longer available on Amazon. There is a message that says: "Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Did anyone else get an email survey from Jessica inquiring about satisfaction (or not) with the last purchase made?
Old 08-29-15, 07:14 PM  
TinaT

So, back to our regularly scheduled programming. What else can you share about the new release? New moves, etc?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 09:05 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Starting 30 day rotation today!

I did the 30 minute HiiT workout and it was great!! I did add another one of her 15 minute walks afterward but I plan on following the entire rotation and maybe adding a 15 minute walk here and there if I feel like it. I am concentrating more on the "diet" than exercise so this is perfect. So far so good.....

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 09:13 AM  
cherimac

From the preview I've done, this set is more about intervals. I think only the 40 Minute Mega Burn is truly steady state.
Old 08-31-15, 04:59 PM  
Messe

I bought the set because Jessica said the workouts would take things up a notch. IMHO, other than adding a 40-minute workout to the mix, the level is about the same as her other workouts. This is probably a plus for most people, but I'm disappointed, and I may not keep them. I knew I'd never do the rotation as is because it doesn't have enough strength work for me.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith workouts