Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-13, 04:55 PM  
imhere2dance

Richard Simmons: Project HOPE

He just posted this on Facebook:

Quote:
It's time for the big news I told you about!!!!!!!!!! Are you ready? I just launched my new Project H.O.P.E. today! This is my new system with my new workout DVDs and my electronic FoodMover I've been telling you about all these months! It even includes a trial membership to my clubhouse so you can come chat with me. I believe HOPE can change your life, and that's why my Project H.O.P.E. is all about. For more information click the link below:

http://www.richardsimmonshope.com/

Project HOPE is Richard Simmons' newest and most effective weight loss exercise system featuring 9 all-new workouts designed to transform your body in just 90 days. Sculpt, strengthen and blast calories with Richard's Triple Training method and his revolutionary new electronic FOODMOVER. Project HOPE can help you burn up to 3X more fat than with traditional cardio alone. Plus, you'll HAVE FUN while you do it!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 05:28 PM  
mommy2two

oh I so hope the price drops. I love the look of this !!!!
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 10:29 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Thanks for this!!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 01:09 AM  
imhere2dance

You're welcome.

I'm not interested myself, but I'm sure there are a lot of Richard fans who will enjoy these.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 08:39 AM  
horsemom2

The only thing that has attracted me to previous productions by Richard Simmons has been the music in his workouts. There is no indication of what music is being used on these dvds nor the volume of the music so no temptation for me. I usually tweak his choreo like crazy to make it feel less awkward.

I have no interest in rotations, sets, special exercise sequences, vitamins, food plans, etc.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 08:41 AM  
sherry7899

I'm with Barb-you couldn't even hear the music at all in these workouts. I never stick to rotations at all.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 11:43 AM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I have no interest in rotations, sets, special exercise sequences, vitamins, food plans, etc.
I agree - I was kind of interested in shorter workouts from him, but not this set. The electronic food mover seems like an odd thing in this day and age, with seemingly little more functionality than the manual version. Is he thinking that his core audience won't use an app? And I appreciate that he wants to make this set doable for anyone, but to stick with one 20-minute cardio for a month ...
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 01:43 PM  
raeven

Lauracat, I suspect you are right. His core audience could easily be non-vidiots and possibly a more non-techie crowd. I think the set looks nice enough...and maybe if I was able to tolerate his craziness I'd possibly check it out, at a much cheaper price though.

The food tracker thing looks kind of neat. I don't use alot of apps because everybody wants to link all your info to their websites and such, which I won't do. So this is kind of simple and nice in that regard. But yah...kind of 'meh' for the price.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 05:45 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

I don't have a smartphone, so can sympathize with his thinking. People who do have tablets or smartphones, though, probably wouldn't want to carry around another gadget. Anyway, I'm just sorry the workouts are yoked to the thing. I might have gone for a set of 30-minute dvds alone.
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 09:10 PM  
fagiles

I will probably end up ordering it just because I like Richard
Simmons. However, there is no way I could follow 1 cardio workout for an entire month. I would just mix it up with other workouts

I did find an article that stated Richard recorded and wrote the lyrics to some of the songs but supposedly there are 15 other songs. There is a clip of one the songs decided to the Armed Forces and a portion of the proceeds will be donated. Sounds like it may be part of a cool down or stretch

http://perezhilton.com/fitperez/2013...e#.URDgZWfEqkz

Felecia

ETA: He posted some of the infomercial times

http://www.richardsimmons.com/j15/in...1887&Itemid=51
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hope, richard simmons