Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-06, 09:17 AM  
Yogadad

Total Yoga Earth/using Bonus Track

I tried something that I hadn't done before with the Total Yoga "Earth" Program this morning.

I was in the mood to go somewhat gentle, but not as gentle as the entire "Earth" Program.

So, what I did was the Bonus track on the "Earth" DVD which has Sun Salutes A (from "Water"), it doesn't do the "C" salutes (the Ashtanga Pranam which are basically "Sivananda style" lunge salutes), then it does the complete standing series from "Water" and then ends.

From there I continued by going to the Lying Boat pose from the "Earth" menu and continued on to the end of the "Earth" program.

This was a neat "hybrid" of the two programs. It gave those slightly more intense Sun Salute A's (rather than the modified Sun Salute A's), so that section was a bit more challenging (though I did miss the Sun Salute C's which I really like), without having to do the entire "Water" program which would have been more than I wanted this morning since I was a little tired and had already done Ana Caban's Intermediate Pilates program (which I really enjoy!)

Anyway it was a different way to utilize the "Earth" DVD from how I've done it in the past.

Just curious if anyone else has ever incorporated any of the "Total Yoga" bonus programs before in their practice, this was my first time doing it.

Best,

Scott
Yogadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-06, 10:28 AM  
abbyalex

Scott, what a great idea! I do the Total Yoga series alot, but it never occurred to me to add on the bonus programs. I will have to check out the possibilities.

I am not one who has an aversion to sun salutes. I love to do tons of them. Thanks for the tip!
Abby
abbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-06, 11:48 AM  
laurajhawk

Cool idea! So far I have only used the TY Bonus programs as short practices when I don't have time for anything else.
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-06, 12:13 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I just got Total Yoga, Earth and Water on eBay. I wasn't aware of the bonus track. How cool!! I originally tried Water when I rented it from NetFlix and loved it..

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-06, 01:06 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyalex
Scott, what a great idea! I do the Total Yoga series alot, but it never occurred to me to add on the bonus programs. I will have to check out the possibilities.

I am not one who has an aversion to sun salutes. I love to do tons of them. Thanks for the tip!
Abby

Hi Abby,

I'm a big fan of Sun Salutes also!

I do love those "C" Salutes so it would have been fun to do those before the standing poses, but timewise it actually worked out quite well

One thing I love to do with Sun Salutes is to vary the intensity of each one as I do them to go deeper into the poses and this way I warm myself up very gently and so it's a really enjoyable part of my Yoga practice!

Take care,

Scott
Old 06-01-06, 01:08 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk
Cool idea! So far I have only used the TY Bonus programs as short practices when I don't have time for anything else.

Hi Laura,

I had never tried any of the bonus practices before and I was actually really surprised that they had the standing poses from "Water". I thought it was going to be the Sun Salutes A and C and then stop there. It made for an interesting practice this morning

Best,

Scott
Old 06-01-06, 01:10 PM  
Yogadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T
I just got Total Yoga, Earth and Water on eBay. I wasn't aware of the bonus track. How cool!! I originally tried Water when I rented it from NetFlix and loved it..

Hi Peg,

Those are both such great programs! In fact the "Water" Dvd has some of the Fire Practice as a bonus track.

ETA: I just checked and Water has the Sun Salutes A, B and C from Fire as the bonus track which is about 15 minutes.

Enjoy them!!!!

Best,

Scott